How to- Replace power steering cooler - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > DodgeTalk Knowledge Base: Dodge/Ram Truck Articles > Dodge/Ram Truck Specific Articles > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 Up) Articles > 3G Dodge RAM - General Miscellaneous Articles

firemanbill

How to- Replace power steering cooler - Posted: 02-09-2012, 03:45 PM
State: IL
Post #1

2008 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi
Had to replace the power steering cooler due to a leak. It was located in front of the radiator on the passenger side. I have pics. But had to attach them, can't upload links yet.

I double checked that it looked correct. Mine was leaking at the bend on the passenger side. I placed the new one in front of the old. Check the pictures.

I only had to remove two bolts and two hose clamps. I could not get a wrench on them from the top side and had to go underneath. Ill post pics of before and after I removed the plastic dust shroud. It made all the difference. Here is the before, note all the shiny fluid on the plastic. Check the pictures

The two rusty looking areas in the picture from below are the mounting brackets. 10MM bolts with nuts. The replacement part came with new bolts that were 3/8". The hoses were just held on by clamps. I learned one thing, be careful of the cooler and radiator fins. They are sharp and very easy to bend with unintentional contact.

By the way, this is my first post after lurking around for over a year. I hope to get some feedback so I can start to post pics in a better way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0296A.jpg (14.1 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0295.jpg (16.8 KB, 195 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0294.jpg (17.9 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0293.jpg (11.3 KB, 193 views)
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

firemanbill

Posted: 02-09-2012, 04:55 PM
State: IL
Post #2

Sorry the pics are out of order. Ill do better next time. When I wrote the how to I figured the pics would be in the middle of the post not all at the end. Live and learn. I also forgot write end.
END
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote