Differences between my 2010 1500 and 2012 PW - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

myoung84

Differences between my 2010 1500 and 2012 PW - Posted: 01-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

Here are a few things worth mentioning when comparing my old 2010 1500 with the 2012 PW. These are my observations when comparing the two, aside from the obvious like being a 4wd PW and the new 66RFE (which is awesome).

The EVIC is about the same. It now shows OK next to tire pressure if the pressures are within spec. One cool new feature on the EVIC is it stays on the last menu you had it on prior to shutting the truck off. So, if you have the MPG screen up, it will be up on the next start rather than the main screen. It also says RAM now instead of Dodge when you start the truck.

RPMs with the new 6 speed and 4.56 gears aren't too bad at all. I am only 200 RPM higher at 70 MPH than the old truck with stock size 33" tires and 3.92 gears.

The new steering wheel is ok. I actually liked the bigger buttons on the front of the wheel and the cruise on the separate stalk, but this setup will be fine once I get used to it. The wheel feels a little different than the last truck, even though both were leather wrapped. This one has a smoother, higher quality feel to it. Also the radio control buttons on the back of the wheel feel a little different as well. They have more of a click to them instead of a soft press.

I don't have the center console anymore but actually like the flip up center seat a little better. It has dividers inside to separate stuff so it's not in one big catchall storage. My knee doesn't have to rest on the center console and it feels a little more comfortable. I also have a small storage area under the center seat. The seat also sits up a little higher. Not sure if it's change with the newer model or if it's an HD thing, but I am sitting an inch or two higher and the seat won't drop any more. Not a big deal, it's still very comfortable.

The switch for the power rear slider has changed. It's more like the side window switches instead of a couple of buttons. The front side window switches now say AUTO on them as well.

The built in power inverter now has a ground hole. Now I don't have to rip the ground prong off my laptop cords... The little cover door now folds down instead of up, which makes more sense.

That's about the only common differences between the two that I have noticed... Just a few minor tweaks here and there, nothing too major.

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
Bora 1.25" Spacers | AirLift Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | Undercover LUX Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 01-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
Post #2

My list would have been a lot longer than yours comming from my 2004 to the Power Wagon. I'm glad you're liking your new truck so far.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Administrator
Post #3

I'm loving it so far! I'm glad I let the PW Mafia talk me into it!

Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
Bora 1.25" Spacers | AirLift Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | Undercover LUX Bed Cover | BedRug

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

Adidas_kn

Posted: 01-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Agent Orange!
City: NW Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

I want a Power Wagon! But don't want to pay that much for one.
09' QC 2wd, Custom Lift with air suspension, Custom fit 2011 2500 front bumper, Challenger style hood, color matched everything, Vararam, SRT8 headers, x-piped side exhaust, 87mm TB, V6 E-Fan, 4.56's, 35/12.50/20's on 20x9 Falken ORC wheels.
2014 Ram Express Regular cab with 8hp70 8speed trans and 3.21/limited slip rear. Vararam Air Grabber, Vararam Power chamber, ARH 1 3/4 LT headers, 18" Magnaflow, 180 T-Stat, V6 E-Fan, DS Trinity with Jay Green Tunes, 3/5 BellTech, staggered 32" Nitto 420's, RollPan.

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Administrator
Post #5

Eh, it's only money!

thebluegoat

Posted: 01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Post #6

A lot of those changes sound like me 2011 Sport. The EVIC settings, staying on the same menu, OK next to tire pressure, rear window slider button, auto up down on both front windows switches, RAM on EVIC on start up, I didn't know that much had changed between 10 and 11, not to mention the rear axle. Congrats on the PW. Awesome looking trucks.

candy08

Posted: 01-03-2012, 08:00 PM
City: BlyVegas
State: AR
Post #7

^ I was thinkin the same thing bluegoat! Mine has the pressure for each tire tho, whats this ok you speak of!?

'11 CREWCAB SPORT 4X4 / SUNROOF / ALPINE / NAV / REMOTE START / TRAILER BRAKE

AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST!

TRUCK IS FOR SALE

thebluegoat

Posted: 01-03-2012, 08:13 PM
Post #8

If you are in the main menu and scroll up to tire pressure it should look something like this Tire Pressure: OK it may say Tire PSI: OK I'm not sure which one it is.

EDIT: Then if you actually go into the tire pressure sub menu it tells you the pressure for each tire.

Musclemckeester

Posted: 01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
5.7L HEMI
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas_kn View Post
I want a Power Wagon! But don't want to pay that much for one.
We'd have more fun off road if you got one.

I'm glad to hear from somebody about the center seat. That's one of the big things on the interior of this truck that really drew me in was that big center console. I've never really been a fan of the seat in the middle, but sounds like they made good use of the space. Doesn't help me NOT want a Power Wagon though, lol. Lucky for me I haven't seen one sitting out at my dealer lately. If they ever get a black one in I may be in trouble...

plumcrazy73

Posted: 01-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Real Men Drive Mopars!
City: Fort Benning Ga Area
State: AL
Post #10

i did not want the center console, i like being able to move my knees more, and extra seat if needed for a small kid or for the other half (woman if you are a man, man if you are a woman) to slide over closer, the seats themselves are the same seat that you sit in be it console or jump seat.

4TH GEN TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #72

MILITARY TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #129

Dillyw

Posted: 01-03-2012, 09:03 PM
City: Quinte West
State: ON
Post #11

Damm seen one in black today!!! It's so nice, has all stickers in red on it , just perfect combo. It's at a dealer.

X2 on all the options except the steering wheel in my 11'2500

2003 1500 5.7 - sold!

JasonK94Z

Posted: 01-03-2012, 09:10 PM
City: Moore, OK
State: OK
Post #12

Sounds alot like my 2011. I personally don't care for the calculator/crowded button look of the 2012 steering wheel.