MYoung84's 2012 Power Wagon Build Thread - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge RAM Power Wagon Forums (05 - Up) > 4G Ram Power Wagon Talk

myoung84

MYoung84's 2012 Power Wagon Build Thread - Posted: 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Administrator
City: Broken Arrow
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

I am starting this thread to document my Power Wagon build. I will keep this thread up to date with all my mods rather than have numerous separate threads. To get started, here is what it looked like the day I drove it home. I swapped out my HID projector lights from my old truck at the dealer, as well as my short antenna.

Here are the added options on the truck from the window sticker:
  • Power Premium Cloth Bench Seat
  • Luxury Group
  • Technology Group
  • Power Sunroof
  • Remote Start
  • Security Alarm
  • Power Adjustable Pedals
  • Spray in Bedliner
  • Trailer Tow Mirrors
  • Engine Block Heater (Not sure why this was added on a truck in Dallas...)

2012 Ram 2500 Power Wagon

Suspension: Carli Performance 2.5 Pin Top Suspension | Carli Track Bar | Carli Diff Guard | Carli Steering Stabilizer | DTP Steering Brace
Performance: Diablo Tuner w/Hemifever Tuning | JBA Headers | Magnaflow 14" Muffler & Y Pipe | LMI Mid Tube Intake | Moe's 85mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Interior/Exterior: Method Double Standard 17" Rims | Cooper STT 35" Tires | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | Powder Coated Bumpers
Retroshop HID Projector Headlights | HID Fog Lights | Randy Ellis Light Bar | Morimoto 32" LED Light | Morimoto Rear LED Lights | Hydro-Dipped Dash
Electronics: Pioneer Headunit | Full Alpine System | Front & Rear Cameras | Mopar Electric Tailgate Lock | Heated Seats | OEM AUX Switch Panel
Offroad: Hardwired Locker Bypass | WARN Wireless Winch Remote | Viair On-board Air | Lots of Recovery Gear

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can

Last edited by myoung84 : 01-03-2012 at 10:55 AM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Administrator
Post #2

Here are pics of the projector headlights from the old truck and a pic of how I attached the winch hook. Also, a pic of my Husky WeatherBeater floor mats taken from the old truck as well. The mud is from my first offroad trip. Nothing special, just an old muddy dirt road. Got to put it in 4L and try out the lockers. I was able to lock the rear after a minute but the front never would lock. I will have to play with it later. I also installed my Bestop PowerBoards yesterday from the old truck. I won't be doing any hard core offroading so I shouldn't bash these up. The frame rails also hand a little lower than the steps when folded up so they should be fine.

Suspension: Carli Performance 2.5 Pin Top Suspension | Carli Track Bar | Carli Diff Guard | Carli Steering Stabilizer | DTP Steering Brace
Performance: Diablo Tuner w/Hemifever Tuning | JBA Headers | Magnaflow 14" Muffler & Y Pipe | LMI Mid Tube Intake | Moe's 85mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Interior/Exterior: Method Double Standard 17" Rims | Cooper STT 35" Tires | Bestop PowerBoards | RollBak Bed Cover | Powder Coated Bumpers
Retroshop HID Projector Headlights | HID Fog Lights | Randy Ellis Light Bar | Morimoto 32" LED Light | Morimoto Rear LED Lights | Hydro-Dipped Dash
Electronics: Pioneer Headunit | Full Alpine System | Front & Rear Cameras | Mopar Electric Tailgate Lock | Heated Seats | OEM AUX Switch Panel
Offroad: Hardwired Locker Bypass | WARN Wireless Winch Remote | Viair On-board Air | Lots of Recovery Gear

Last edited by myoung84 : 01-03-2012 at 09:45 AM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Administrator
Post #3

Got the exhaust done and the windows tinted yesterday. Went with a Magnaflow 14" muffler with 3" I/O and dumped it after the rear axle. It sounds awesome but not obnoxious in the cab. Window tint is 15% on the two front windows and a 5% strip on the windshield.

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Post #4

I have also ordered a RollBak retractable bed cover that should be here this week as well as bed lighting like I had on the old truck. The Pioneer stereo and Alpine Amp and 10" sub from the old truck will also be going in soon.

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Post #5

And just for fun, here is my rendering of what I eventually want it to look like. I had planned to remove the red stripe, but I actually like it now that I have seen it in person...

Dodge4L1fe

Posted: 01-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Administrator
City: Downingtown
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by myoung84 View Post
I have also ordered a RollBak retractable bed cover that should be here this week as well as bed lighting like I had on the old truck. The Pioneer stereo and Alpine Amp and 10" sub from the old truck will also be going in soon.
How about the speakers?

2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic 6-Speed STP - 20% tint, Weathertech floorliners
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi - Lowered, Headers, Ram 20s, 91 Octane tune, and more (Gone)

New Here? Introduce yourself hereSupport Our SponsorsForum RulesDodgeTalk Facebook PageWhere are you from and driving?

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Administrator
Post #7

This one has the Alpine stereo, so I am going to add the sub and leave the rest as-is and see how it sounds. I will probably replace the speakers eventually but probably won't put my 4 channel amp on the door speakers.

HEMI450HP

Posted: 01-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Moe's Performance
City: Conroe, TX
State: TX
View This User's Timeslip View This User's Dyno Entries
Post #8

You are off to a great start so far. The truck looks awesome.

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
Post #9

The truck is coming along very nicely! I look forward to seeing what else you do with this. It’s time somebody else mod their Power Wagon- mine was starting to get expensive!
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Post #10

I'm not going to go crazy with it since it's already a bad ass truck, but it's going to see some mods. Suspension will remain mostly stock for the next few years at least. Maybe a 2" front lift to level it out and 35's when these BFG's wear down a little. It will be nice to compare our trucks in a couple years since they started out nearly identical.

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 01-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Post #11

Quote:
I'm not going to go crazy with it since it's already a bad ass truck, but it's going to see some mods. Suspension will remain mostly stock for the next few years at least. Maybe a 2" front lift to level it out and 35's when these BFG's wear down a little. It will be nice to compare our trucks in a couple years since they started out nearly identical.
LOL- I said the same thing, but the idea's haven't stopped since I bought this truck. It's a nasty sickness!

This thread alone gives me bad intentions: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347266
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting

2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Administrator
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Ram2500Hemi View Post
LOL- I said the same thing, but the idea's haven't stopped since I bought this truck. It's a nasty sickness!

This thread alone gives me bad intentions: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347266
Now why must you go and post stuff like that? I was doing just fine without seeing that!

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 01-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Post #13

Quote:
Now why must you go and post stuff like that? I was doing just fine without seeing that!

Just passing the sickness along my friend.

myoung84

Posted: 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Administrator
Post #14

It's highly contagious!

boostjunkie1

Posted: 01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
State: NC
Post #15

..... That dude's Power Wagon is the ONE!!!! Freaking SWEET for sure! I love the pop up camper and the front bumper and the lift and the tires and the suspension and the lighting and the places that he goes!!!!! LOL

BAD A$$ for sure! Get to work men! You got allot of BUYING and installing to do

myoung84

Posted: 01-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Administrator
Post #16

Billet Technologies oil catch can has been installed. This was removed from the old truck, just had to get some new hose since the original hose was left on the old truck...

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 01-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Post #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostjunkie1 View Post
..... That dude's Power Wagon is the ONE!!!! Freaking SWEET for sure! I love the pop up camper and the front bumper and the lift and the tires and the suspension and the lighting and the places that he goes!!!!! LOL

BAD A$$ for sure! Get to work men! You got allot of BUYING and installing to do
LOL- Aren't you supposed to be joining us in the Power Wagon world soon? You can get the Carli setup and let us know what you think.

myoung84- your truck is comming along great. I look forward to seeing your stereo install when you get time.

myoung84

Posted: 01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Post #18

Got the stereo installed this weekend. This was all removed from the old truck. Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD headunit, Alpine MRP-M500 mono amp, Alpine Type R 10" sub, and backup camera.

Overall, I am pleased with the sound, for now. It needs new speakers throughout but for now it will work. The stock Alpine system sounds better with a new headunit than it did stock, but it's not what I would consider "great" sounding. Also, I am getting an annoying speaker pop on startup every once in a while. (maybe 1 in 5 times?). I will eventually fix that by replacing the 6 main speakers and adding my 4 channel Alpine amp that I already have. Biggest hurdle will be deciding what to do with the other 3 speakers (center dash and rear headliner speakers). The center will most likely be scrapped and the rear headliner speakers will either be driven off the headunit or possibly scrapped as well...

This is why I didn't want the Alpine "upgrade", if you can call it that. But, you are forced to get the technology group to get the sunroof... All it is to me is an Alpine badge on the dash, which will eventually all be replaced with "real" Alpine equipment.

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 01-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Post #19

Looks good man!

BULLRAM

Posted: 01-10-2012, 02:06 PM
City: HOUSTON
State: TX
Post #20

I dont have a power wagon ,i am subscribing to this because of the poster his installs are always very good ,takes his time and has a lot of good ideas, look at his other truck posts. Great work so far, we are watching
09-- CCSB --HEMI-- 2WD --7 INCH CST LIFT--305/55/20 NITTO TERRA GRAPPLERS--TRAILER PACKAGE--Y.E.S. SEATS--REN--LONE STAR PACKAGE--VARARAM--DECAL REMOVED FROM SIDE CENTER POST--UPDATED HEMI EMBLEMS-- SUPERCHIPS 3865--TOW MIRRORS WITH CUSTOM LED'S--DODGE OEM NERF BARS--LEDS IN FRONT RAM EYES AND IN REAR--
BORLA PRO XS--VIPER 5904 --MAGNAFLOW Y-PIPE--VARARAM INTAKE--AIR BAGS--3.92'S

01- 1500 4x4..all stock for now