2006 ram no start/gear indicator - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

contractors Hem

2006 ram no start/gear indicator - Posted: 12-26-2011, 12:31 PM
State: ON
Post #1

2006 545rfe battery went dead over the holidays charged it up but now it won't start, there is no gear indication over the odo, totally dark. I can run it through the gears no prob, but nothing lights up. What do you guys think?

Work accessories, Backrack, Challanger side mount tool boxes, EZ down tailgate damper, Firestone air bags, Billstein shocks all around

Protection, Weathertech digi fit floor mats, Mopar seat covers, Mopar step bars, mopar mud flaps
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

contractors Hem

Update - Posted: 12-27-2011, 01:43 PM
Post #2

Had it flatbeded into the dealer today, and after hours of diagnostics, they say that the wireless control module is non responsive to the key and has to be changed, after that they are looking at a second tipm swap if the back up lights do not start working again.

Work accessories, Backrack, Challanger side mount tool boxes, EZ down tailgate damper, Firestone air bags, Billstein shocks all around

Protection, Weathertech digi fit floor mats, Mopar seat covers, Mopar step bars, mopar mud flaps
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

contractors Hem

End result - Posted: 12-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Post #3

End result is they had to change the wireless control module because it was no longer communicating with the keys, and then everything had to be reflashed.
Posting this to help others in the future.
Thanks

ECONORAM

Posted: 01-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Acts 2:38-39
City: San Antonio
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

Thanks Contractors Hem. I seem to be experiencing almost the exact same thing. I washed the truck on the weekend; left it sit for a few days. Ran my inverter to power a laptop for about 30 min the other night. Then last night I got the truck to start once, but after that nothing...and I get no gear indicator lights in the dash at all. Like you, I can run it up and down the gears. I even took my key fob apart and checked the battery; cleaned the spots it's been rubbing the contacts with, it still has 2.9v, locks and unlocks the truck fine. My Superchips 3815 can't establish contact with the truck, even with the key in the on position. Truck's battery has 12v, checked it with a voltmeter last night. You had to get the truck reflashed? That won't be good, 'cuz I'll lose my SC tune. and the $100 unlock fee...
2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/dogomatic trans -- LEER XR topper -- Filtermag SS375 -- E-fan install (now Taurus 3.8 fan)-- 3.5 inch steel pipe intake -- POWERTRAX Lock-Rite -- Transgo shift kit -- A/C heater valve mod -- HO cams (finally!)
2008 Silver Steel Avenger 2.4L 4cyl w/dogomatic -- Intake mods -- Filtermag SS300 --> 37mpg!!
Tech Training, Randolph AFB, Texas--me
90th Missile Wing, FE Warren AFB, WY & 75th Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, OK--my sons
** How to: Use DT's search feature ** How to: Posting Pics on DT 4" PVC sewer pipe intake how-tos Proud God Squad member since 1980 Don't touch my truck club member #27 Official DT Weight Reduction Thread 4.7L Performance Thread #5 4.7L 206 cams thread 2007 RAM PSC-1 install Rock Your World

ECONORAM

Posted: 01-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Acts 2:38-39
City: San Antonio
State: TX
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

UPDATE: my wife found the spare key today, used it and was able to start the truck!! I am counting my blessings right now. Looks like I need to get my primary key replaced, which is cheaper than a wireless control module (and I don't lose my SC tune). I'd like to know how my key lost its mind though...
Went ahead and returned my truck to stock, in case the dealer wants to connect to my truck when I ask them for a new key.
2007 Inferno Red Quad Cab 4.7L Flex-Fuel 2wd w/dogomatic trans -- LEER XR topper -- Filtermag SS375 -- E-fan install (now Taurus 3.8 fan)-- 3.5 inch steel pipe intake -- POWERTRAX Lock-Rite -- Transgo shift kit -- A/C heater valve mod -- HO cams (finally!)
2008 Silver Steel Avenger 2.4L 4cyl w/dogomatic -- Intake mods -- Filtermag SS300 --> 37mpg!!
Tech Training, Randolph AFB, Texas--me
90th Missile Wing, FE Warren AFB, WY & 75th Air Base Wing, Tinker AFB, OK--my sons
** How to: Use DT's search feature ** How to: Posting Pics on DT 4" PVC sewer pipe intake how-tos Proud God Squad member since 1980 Don't touch my truck club member #27 Official DT Weight Reduction Thread 4.7L Performance Thread #5 4.7L 206 cams thread 2007 RAM PSC-1 install Rock Your World
Closed Thread