has anyone had to replace the windshield washer nozzle? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

mirowpl

has anyone had to replace the windshield washer nozzle? - Posted: 12-09-2011, 07:46 AM
State: NC
Post #1

mine broke the other day...i turned on the washer and the nozzle was gone..the washer fluid stream looked like "old faithful" coming straight up from the hood. Now, has anyone had to replace this? is it simple? I looked under the hood and it seems you need to remove the insulation to get to it, but how do you put the insulation back as it is held on with plactis faseners.
I can buy the part for about $12-15 bucks, but not sure If it is an easy fix. I do have lifetime bumper to bumper but have a $100 deductable so trying to decide if it is worthwhile to do it my self to save some money.
any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

RUMBLE BEE 1546

Posted: 12-09-2011, 01:38 PM
BEE Ready!
State: CA
Post #2

Do it yourself, not worth $100. Ive never done this but it should be fairly easy and the fasteners can be bought at any auto part store. I bought 15 at AutoZone for $4
2004 Rumble Bee #1546 4X4
Ryan
Performance: Super Chips 3865, K&N CAI, Edelbrock Shorty Headers, Dual Exhaust with 18" Magnaflow Muffler and Y-pipe, Power Wire, Sonnax Line Booster, Jet 180* t-stat, Taylor 8.2mm Shortie wires, Flex-A-Lite 183 E-fan, Grounded TB.
Appearance: 22" Black BOSS 334's wrapped in Nexen Tires, LED Tail Lights & Third, Shorty Antenna, Honeycomb Grill, Tint:5% Visor and Rear Window, Deadged, Retro'd 8000k Projected HID Headlights w/ SMD Halos, 3000k HID Fogs, Switchback LED Turns, Full LED Bulb Swap, Snugtop Tonneau w/ Stripe Extensions & 1546 in Stripe
Other: Kenwood KDC-X994, Pioneer 5ch amp wired to 2 10" Diamond Audio Subs in a custom ported box and 2 Kenwood Door Speakers, Clifford Remote Starter/Alarm System w/ Smart Start, Husky Floor Liners, Push Button Start, Jimmy Jammers.
Future Mods: Cam, Alarm Accessories (Motion Sensors, Microphone Sensors, Level Sensor, ect.)...
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

mirowpl

Posted: 12-09-2011, 03:40 PM
State: NC
Post #3

thanks. its worth a try

Mattones

Posted: 12-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Lamborghini & Ram Forever
City: Burlington
State: ON
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

I did it over the summer. EASY!! Only hard part i hated was taking that carboard like cover off the hood to get to them haha! I hate those plastic plugs!!!

After that Its just a matter of needle noise plyers and pull and pop the nozzles out and install the new ones and re connect the hose

2009 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 Quad Cab 5.7 Hemi Dual Exhaust
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=331475&stc=1&d=1312849  075

LU229

Posted: 12-11-2011, 01:40 PM
LU229
State: PA
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirowpl View Post
mine broke the other day...i turned on the washer and the nozzle was gone..the washer fluid stream looked like "old faithful" coming straight up from the hood. Now, has anyone had to replace this? is it simple? I looked under the hood and it seems you need to remove the insulation to get to it, but how do you put the insulation back as it is held on with plactis faseners.
I can buy the part for about $12-15 bucks, but not sure If it is an easy fix. I do have lifetime bumper to bumper but have a $100 deductable so trying to decide if it is worthwhile to do it my self to save some money.
any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Yup, mine blew apart on the drivers side. I went ahead an bought a new one ($18 for one, fuggin thieve`s..!)
I didnt want the hassle of waiting for warranty approval so i just paid cash and bought it.
Went out to the STEALERSHIP parkinglot, took 2 seconds to install it...all good now.

I recommend you install it yourself, its super easy, save yourself the time & money by not having to go to the stealership.

Last edited by LU229 : 12-11-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Closed Thread