Spark Plugs for 2010 Hemi - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM Performance Talk

Closed Thread

Stoney78

Spark Plugs for 2010 Hemi - Posted: 11-20-2011, 02:21 AM
City: Middleport, Ohio
State: OH
Post #1

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has done there 30k change yet, Im creeping close and my next oil change I'll probably go ahead and do them a little early. My question is which plugs are oe? I've read some on this and alot of people say champions and copper... then a few people later will say NGKs and copper (which i dont think matters as long as there copper). Then i read a few threads that some guys said they were platinum plugs. I just want to stick with whatever is stock. Also is it true the best way to get to the plugs under the break booster is through the fender well?
Advertisement

WNDERR

Posted: 11-20-2011, 08:13 AM
State: IL
Post #2

I'm going to lean toward Platinum plugs, like the ones in the new police interecptor RAM...... Also check for Autolite fitments, they make good plugs.

With Platinum in there, we won't have to do it as often - The Police Interceptor specs 100,000 miles.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Stoney78

Posted: 11-23-2011, 05:28 PM
Post #3

Hey thanks for the reply. Been busy with the holiday jazz... Any way I talked to one of the guys at the dealership and he said that we need to change them every 30k to prevent the plugs from seizing up in the aluminum heads... and not to use the anything but the copper due to possible warrenty issues. Anyone else know of anything?

schorb

Posted: 11-25-2011, 08:27 AM
City: Weatherford
State: TX
Post #4

Are you gonna change them yourself or let the dealer do it? I've heard that the dealer charges your right leg to do the work.
2010 White HEMI Crew Cab 4x4, Lone Star, 3:55 Gears, 180 T-Stat, 4" BDS, Bilstein 5100's, 17" Moto Metal 951, BFG 315/70/17, Westin Step Bars, Line-X Bed/Rockers/Flares, BT Catch Can, Husky Weatherbeaters, Fastman TB, Amsoil EA Air Filter.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

thebluegoat

Posted: 11-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Post #5

I just did mine on wednesday. They are copper with a nickel tip I believe. NGK R plugs straight from the dealer 6 bucks a piece. Cost me 108 dollars for the 16 of them. Changing them wasn't bad till you get to the two at the very rear on each side. What a PITA. Took me two and a half hours but saved probably 200 bucks in the process.

Stoney78

Posted: 11-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Post #6

Yeah, I'm gonna change them my self. So they were Copper NGK plugs from the factory... 6 bucks from the dealer is not bad at all. Thanks guys for all your info

Badblack4X4

Posted: 11-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Post #7

I put in Autolite Platinums. Runs better than new, no more rough idle that it had since new and better mileage. With the rebate currently running through Rock Auto I payed not quite $3/plug if I remember correctly.

2014 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Hemi 4x4 3.92LSD

Exterior: 20% Tint, Truxedo Lo Pro QT, Factory Tow Hooks, Retro Shop 6000k 50W HIDs, LED Cargo/plate lights, debadged, Plasti-Dipped grill and front/rear ram's heads, Alumastinger 6" Drop Hitch, 20x10 XD Monsters, 325/60/20 Goodyear Duratracs, Betterbuilt in bed Chest Box #62012330.

Interior: Mopar Slush Mats, Cabin Air Filter.

Engine: Billet Tech Catch Can (Painted Black), Vararam, Diablo Intune (HemiFever), Borla 40349, Moe's 87mm TB.

Suspension: 4"/3"Zone Lift.

Future Mods: Zone Offroad Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5100's, JBA Longtubes, 50% Windshield Tint.

WNDERR

Posted: 11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
State: IL
Post #8

If you get some good anti sieze compound, and apply it to ONLY the threaded portion of the plug, and torque them to specs, you will NEVER have a problem with them sieizing in the heads. 100,000 miles, ten years, should not be an issue. I use Bowman Anti Seize, really good stuff, but it aint cheap. I plan to use Autolite Platinum when I have to swap em out.

So far, the can I have is over 20 years old, and I have LOTS left, and I use it a lot.

With aluminum heads, it is ALWAYS best to change them when the engine is stone cold.

Stoney78

Posted: 11-30-2011, 07:36 PM
Post #9

Well sounds good guys, thanks for all the great info. If it smooths out the idle im wiling to give the platinums at shot.