DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

04Ram2500Hemi's 2012 Power Wagon Build Thread

79K views 315 replies 58 participants last post by  KRich 
#1 ·
As everybody knows I finally took the plunge and bought my dream truck- the Power Wagon. I wanted to have one thread where I post mods, thoughts, and other pictures of my Power Wagon. I hope to have a few more changes in the next few months, but here is how it sits today.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights

Attachments

#3 ·
Very nice!

Watch out for Rail Dust Spots!! I would do a very good clay-bar and Polish on her ASAP.... Mine had a Ton off tiny rust spots on mine just a few months after I bought it. Researched it and did 2 thorough Clay-Bar attempts with wax and polishing afterwards and I had to then wait a couple weeks and still found 20 or 30 spots all over.

#4 ·
I see a little bit from the bed lights. Is there more light there than what the picture shows?

:)

#5 ·
There is more light than it shows- it's hard to get a good picture of the light.

#7 ·
you have one sweet truck i folowed the other thread you gave me alot of gray hair llol

#8 ·
Love it!

#9 ·
That is one sharp looking truck !!! LOVE the white color.

#12 ·
I like the red so it's staying.

#11 ·
Hell ya man!!! Best color combo in my opinion!!!

#14 ·
What else do you have planned for the truck?

#15 ·
Nice

Beautiful truck, how do you like the 6 speed auto with the hemi? I am going to upgrade from my 3G powerwagon, might be to a 4G powerwagon, or to a 4G Cummins

#16 ·
the stripes are part of the power wagon i agree need to stay it is a purdy truck

#18 ·
Really?...

You just bought the truck and are already planning on modding it?! You're not helping me at all on trying to keep mine stock! All I've done to mine is have Line-X spray the bed and put a tool box back there. That's as far as I'm going for now......:D

This place is a bad influence for me and my pocket book....:ugh

#19 ·
:engarde:

#20 ·
Did you take it hunting last weekend? How'd it perform?

#21 ·
So can somebody tell me the trick to these freaking lockers?

#22 ·
:loud: ...... Oh NO!!!! Sounds like you are having some issues huh?

From what I have read you need to excersize them weekly on dirt of course. Get the truck in 4-Lo ... Engage the Rear Locker by making some left and right turns ... Then engage the Front ... Do this every week and you will soon have them able to engage just by flicking the switch over to lock?????????

This is just what I have read on here ... no expereince at all personally! What is it NOT doing / Is doing???

#24 ·
Aweseom truck man! I just picked up mine couple wks ago, gotta get some pics on here. I traded my 05 PW in on it, hated to see it go but damn I love this truck! But as far as the lockers my 05 was the same way, have her in 4 lo, flip switch into RR Lock (light will flash) move fwd a lil ways and light will stop flashing, do the same for FR/RR after moving fwd lil bit lights will stop flashing, takes it a min to lock in, more ya use quicker they'll get, although my 05 really never got much quicker, I just knew to flip switch ahead of where I wanted em locked out. But I second on that on being in dirt, that thing is like a tank once locked in and turning radius is reduced quite a bit. Get er out in some snow and have a ball with it!

#25 ·
Thanks for the info on the lockers man. I'll start playing with it more this weekend. Had to come to work today instead of hunting so the lockers will have to wait a few more days. I am however very pleased with how it did on it's maiden voyage in the snow. Granted it was only 8" so it should have done just fine, but the first drive on snow in a vehicle is always interesting.

#26 ·
So all my sway bar disconnect does is flash too. I know I'm still learning this whole truck thing- but it seems like these two functions should be pretty simple. 4-Lo on flat ground and not moving and the sway bar disconnect works, 4-Lo and not moving and the lockers should go in. That's just my thoughts anyway.

#27 · (Edited)
So all my sway bar disconnect does is flash too. I know I'm still learning this whole truck thing- but it seems like these two functions should be pretty simple. 4-Lo on flat ground and not moving and the sway bar disconnect works, 4-Lo and not moving and the lockers should go in. That's just my thoughts anyway.

No, not that. Truck should be moving slowly with gentle/light throttle &/or let foot off the the throttle after a few feet. I engage the rear first, then switch it to front & rear, usually. On a few occasions i flipped to both right off the bat & it worked, but not always. Try the S-turns in forward & reverse. Once the front locked up, S-turns will be impossible. Everything is new & tight & computer has to learn what the hell it's supposed to do. LOL :D

NOTE: swaybar will flash & try to engage automatically if you go over 15-18 mph. I forgot about that once & then it would not disconnect until I disconnected the battery for a few minutes. Then everything was fine.

#29 ·
My salesman just called me back and said he was going to get in a Power Wagon they have on the lot and play with that one and then call me back. Between you guys and my salesman I should have this crap down soon.

Thanks for all the help. This is a killer truck- I'm just getting the last couple of kinks figured out.

#30 ·
Man I hate to hear all this..... :ugh

I know that this would be irritating the hell out of me with a new rig! So you have got the rear to lock in right? Did you get the front to lock at all? Good Luck with it. I know that I'll be testing one out thoroughly before I buy one now!

#31 ·
So I think it’s safe to say that the lockers and the sway bar disconnect were a bit of a learning curve (and maybe some user error) but I got it all figured out after a talk from the salesman and a few good folks here on DT.

To get the lockers to lock put the truck in 4-Lo and start crawling forward and turn the wheel to the right or the left and they lock up. Tried just the rears first and they locked. After that I flipped the switch to front/rear and within a couple seconds the fronts locked. After that I went back to just 4-Lo and no lockers and started moving again but this time went straight to front/rear lock and turned to the right and the rears locked, and the fronts about a second or two after that.

The Sway Bar took me a couple of try’s to figure out, but once I did it was easy. The trick to the sway bar is to make sure you’re locked front and rear in 4-Lo, then find a slight incline to get the sway bar to disconnect. I found it helped to be on a slight incline to get it to connect back up again too. The sway bar does not like to connect/disconnect on flat ground. Like I said, just a slight incline and you’re good to go.

Here are a couple of crappy cell phone pictures of the switches. I feel like I can celebrate a small victory now. Thanks again to all the knowledgeable locker/sway bar folks here on DT!

:dtrocks:

Attachments

#33 ·
Itz not really an incline, slight axle articulation that helps the swaybar disconnect..at least in mine. Make sure u change ur diff fluid at around 6k and clean the magnets.. Mine were pretty clogged with metal shavings..very fine one... After cleaning they locked up quicker

#34 ·
FWIW, on my 06, I can be in 4-hi and still disconnect my swaybar. Don't think you need to be in 4-low. You just can't go over 18mph.

#35 ·
Sway bar should disconnect in 4 Lo OR 4 HI.

Funny story. Its deer (bow) season here now & on opening day at 11:20 pm, i am on my way home from work with the PW. So, i thought :IDEA: I will stop at the stateland pull-off & engage my lockers & disconnect the swaybar, forgetting that it was bow season because i don't bow hunt. So anyway, i lock em in & disconnect & drove through the small field to the other entrance. Well, the D.E.C. was hiding out looking for poachers & thought they "had thier man." They lit me up, came up & asked me WTF was i doing ? Just coming from work & still in uniform, i laughed & told them "I was doing the Power Wagon locker dance." The next question was just like on TV--- have you been drinking tonight sir ??? I laughed even more. They thought i was drunk. So, they wanted me out, so i got out. They searched my vehicle as i explained the truck to them & all about the finicky lockers & how the more you use them, the better & quicker they work. They found nothing, admired the truck, threatened a breathalizer, i said OK, then realized i had not been drinking at all & told me not to drive through the field again & go home. :D So i did. I just thought that was funny, them :---not so much.

#41 ·
This is good stuff! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.