Auxiliary switches for the 4th Gen Ram? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 – Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - Interior/Exterior Talk

Closed Thread

04Ram2500Hemi

Auxiliary switches for the 4th Gen Ram? - Posted: 11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

For those of you who have put in auxiliary switches for lights and other things, where have you mounted them? I haven’t taken delivery of my 2012 Ram Power Wagon yet, but I’m starting to plan ahead. Any pictures would be a huge help!
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Badblack4X4

Posted: 11-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Post #2

I'll snap a pic tonight.

Exterior: 20% Tint, Truxedo Lo Pro QT, Factory Tow Hooks, Retro Shop 6000k 50W HIDs, LED Cargo/plate lights, debadged, Plasti-Dipped grill and front/rear ram's heads, Alumastinger 6" Drop Hitch, 20x10 XD Monsters, 325/60/20 Goodyear Duratracs, Betterbuilt in bed Chest Box #62012330.

Interior: Mopar Slush Mats, Cabin Air Filter.

Engine: Billet Tech Catch Can (Painted Black), Vararam, Diablo Intune (HemiFever), Borla 40349, Moe's 87mm TB.

Suspension: 4"/3"Zone Lift.

Future Mods: Zone Offroad Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5100's, JBA Longtubes, 50% Windshield Tint.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

fireman10584

Posted: 11-02-2011, 05:25 PM
State: FL
Post #3

I mounted my switches, which are for my emergency lights for the FD, right where your right knee area is...I just used some double sided tape and stuck it right to the plastic and it works great..ran the wires down nice and neat and thru the little rubber grommet to run to the outside..

10TXRAM

Posted: 11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
City: Houston
State: TX
Post #4

That is were I put the switch for my reverse lights..

Diablo tuner
Magnaflowed
Cutout
Jeep srt8 headers
custom Y pipe
HID heads/fogs
HID Reverse lights
Cooper STT's
3" level

RamLion

Posted: 11-02-2011, 07:26 PM
Victims arent we all
City: Temple/Waco
Post #5

why not just run a active relay to the switch so they only light up when u hit reverse

RamLion

Posted: 11-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Victims arent we all
City: Temple/Waco
Post #6

double post.. some one on here had the actual part number for the factory button that goes to the center dash under ac controls whre the traction control is

RedRam2010

Posted: 11-02-2011, 09:54 PM
Countryman
City: Port Orchard
State: WA
Post #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamLion View Post
double post.. some one on here had the actual part number for the factory button that goes to the center dash under ac controls whre the traction control is
That's what I want! Anyone have the number laying around...? I've got 2 sets of 5" KC's on order and want to use a factory style switch in the dash with the others.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi - "Green" air filter, HBS 2.5" Leveling, Line-X Bedliner, 4 X KC Apollo 5" Lights, Cobra 29LX CB, Iron Bull front bumper, TOYO AT II Xtreme Tires, Fuel "Pump" rims.
FTC (SS/IDW) Countryman USN

Musclemckeester

Posted: 11-02-2011, 10:02 PM
5.7L HEMI
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

Quote:
If you're referring to this one, I have the part number somewhere. Let me see if I can dig it up if that's what you're looking for. It mounts in the lower bank where the headed/cooled seats would be if you have them. If you do, this switch panel is automatically out...

This is where I have my switch for my lights currently mounted. Once I get some time to mess with it I'm gonna move them over to the factory switch panel (above), along with hardwiring my cutout.

RedRam2010

Posted: 11-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Countryman
Post #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclemckeester View Post
If you're referring to this one, I have the part number somewhere. Let me see if I can dig it up if that's what you're looking for. It mounts in the lower bank where the headed/cooled seats would be if you have them. If you do, this switch panel is automatically out...

This is where I have my switch for my lights currently mounted. Once I get some time to mess with it I'm gonna move them over to the factory switch panel (above), along with hardwiring my cutout.

That's it! And it would be perfect to get the ones that say aux 1, 2, 3. I don't have heated seats so I have three that are not being used.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi - "Green" air filter, HBS 2.5" Leveling, Line-X Bedliner, 4 X KC Apollo 5" Lights, Cobra 29LX CB, Iron Bull front bumper, TOYO AT II Xtreme Tires, Fuel "Pump" rims.

10TXRAM

Posted: 11-02-2011, 10:34 PM
Post #10

Quote:
why not just run a active relay to the switch so they only light up when u hit reverse
Um...They light up when I put the truck in reverse. And while I am moving forward when I flip the switch..

Diablo tuner
Magnaflowed
Cutout
Jeep srt8 headers
custom Y pipe
HID heads/fogs
HID Reverse lights
Cooper STT's
3" level

RedRam2010

Posted: 11-02-2011, 10:37 PM
Countryman
Post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TXRAM View Post
Um...They light up when I put the truck in reverse. And while I am moving forward when I flip the switch..
Love it! but nobody rides my a$$ in the dodge... I would need them on my little Scion tC...

Musclemckeester

Posted: 11-02-2011, 11:04 PM
5.7L HEMI
View This User's Gallery
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRam2010 View Post
That's it! And it would be perfect to get the ones that say aux 1, 2, 3. I don't have heated seats so I have three that are not being used.
It's one big switch you have to buy. It completely replaces the one that is there that just says RAM. Found the part number...it is: 5164912AC and I got it through mopar-wholesale. You will also need need this pigtail connection which will plug into the back of the switch (see pic). Pigtail connection found here: LINK

Mopar-Wholesale

Hope that helps. It isn't the cheapest route to go, but will look the best in the end.

10TXRAM

Posted: 11-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Post #13

Quote:
It's one big switch you have to buy. It completely replaces the one that is there that just says RAM. Found the part number...it is: 5164912AC and I got it through mopar-wholesale. You will also need need this pigtail connection which will plug into the back of the switch (see pic). Pigtail connection found here: LINK

Mopar-Wholesale

Hope that helps. It isn't the cheapest route to go, but will look the best in the end.
So that I guess that "switch plate" just replaces the "ram" plastic thing? Or Would you need a whole new bezel thing?

Diablo tuner
Magnaflowed
Cutout
Jeep srt8 headers
custom Y pipe
HID heads/fogs
HID Reverse lights
Cooper STT's
3" level

Musclemckeester

Posted: 11-03-2011, 07:35 AM
5.7L HEMI
View This User's Gallery
Post #14

Quote:
So that I guess that "switch plate" just replaces the "ram" plastic thing? Or Would you need a whole new bezel thing?
Right, it goes in place of the piece that is there now.

IWantARam

Posted: 11-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Registered Hoser
City: Narberth
State: PA
Post #15

Quote:
Correct, it just replaces the plastic RAM plate.

This is the route I'm going, too. I just need time to install it.

2010 Ram 1500 RCSB TRX 4x4 HEMI

Deep Water Blue, 3.92 LSD, AMP Power Steps, Magnaflow Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, Low-Profile Tool Box, SC Flashpaq 3865, Blacked Out Headlights

4th Gen Truck Club #41

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 11-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
Post #16

Quote:

Mopar-Wholesale

Cheap looks cheap though. Why drop $40K + on a truck and skimp on a detail like this. This is exactly what I'm looking for. This is great info for down the road!
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch

btg0002

Posted: 11-04-2011, 02:27 AM
War Eagle!
City: Hoover
State: AL
Post #17

so I assume the pigtail that plugs into that switch from mopar has leads for all 4 of the aux buttons....how else would you be able to wire crap to them?
PERFORMANCE: l jba shortie headers l hypertech max power programmer l Jet 180 tstat l e3 spark plugs l K&N CAI l magnaflow cat back dual exhaust l fastman ported TB l RP engine oil and rear diff fluid l bluetooth ODBII adapter for Torque app l
SUSPENSION: l 3 inch lift spindles l 2 inch coil spacer l bilstein 4600 shocks front l monroe load leveling shocks rear l TGC 1.5" rear lift blocks l 5" total lift front, 2.5" total lift rear l
APPEARANCE: l rhino lined bed l tonnomax tri fold bed cover l bed lined fender flares, rockers, bumpers l big mouth rivet grille l led tail lights l lamin-x tails and 3rd l led everything l HID heads and fogs l HID reverse lights l led reverse flood lights l debadged l hood spears l tinted windows l audio system l black headlights l black billet 15" stubby antenna l daytona tail light covers l
WHEELS/TIRES:l 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Grappler l OEM 17s plastidipped black l

dizzyD

Posted: 11-04-2011, 03:40 AM
Registered MOPAR User
City: 714
State: CA
View This User's Dyno Entries
Post #18

I might want to say that the factory switch above may not handle light current, so only use with a relay.

1999 Durango SLT+ leather, 360ci 4x4, hughes plenum rebuild, superchips 3865, tow pkg, 3.55 LSD, rear tail light guard, K&N CAI, FM 50MM TB, crystal clear headlights, Torsion/shackle lift, Rancho RSX's, Pacesetter headers, dual trans & oil temp a-pillar pod, chrome deep trans pan, drilled & slotted rotors, 10 disc cd changer.

2004 Ram 1500 SLT 2WD QC LB 345ci, FM 84MM TB, slotted brake rotors, step bar, diamond plate pedals, locking gas door, tow package w/ 3.55 lsd, Hellwig LP-15, shell and carpet kit, 18% door window tint, Magnaflow 12641, Slammed1's 3" spindle lift and 2.5 coil spacer, rear lift shackles, Airraid MIT, superchips 3815, 6K front winch & custom Winch Plate, Autometer phantom trans gauge mounted in Mopar SRT A-Pillar single pod, lumber/roof rack, Rancho 9000X shocks, ATS fender flairs, 1" BL, gap guards, black grille, silver painted bezel(soon 2b white)
Next: HD rear lift bags

Gone but not forgotten 93 factory freak CC dakota lifted 4x4 318

sbradley_23

Posted: 11-04-2011, 08:35 PM
2009 moneypit
City: Lubbock
Post #19

sweet! I need this info as well. thanks for the part numbers

ipsd39173

Posted: 12-04-2011, 09:32 AM
Post #20

Looks great, but I am not that good with wireing so bear with me. Just to be extra clear, that Pig Tail is where all the wire conx would be made? I only got my 2012 a few days ago and don't want to screw any thing up. Also how do I get the dash open in that area. In my 2006 you just popped the whole center with a good yank. Thanks for any info
Closed Thread