Squeaking When Backing Up - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 08-25-2011, 04:51 PM
garywkamp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Squeaking When Backing Up

I get a noise that sounds like squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, It does it ONLY when backing up and does it wether or not I push on the breaks. Could it be U-joints? The truck has like 98,000 on it dont know if they have ever been replaced.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 Magnum Automatic Trans 4X4 94,000 Miles

Mods and Work Done

Bully Dog Chrome Locking Gas Door, 20% Tint All Around, Sony Detachable Bluetooth Head Unit, "Gutter Grill", New Front Rotors and Pads, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Synthetic Oil Change, New Primewell Tires Factory Size, Diamond Plate Delta Toolbox, Debadged, Hellas 500FF Behind "Gutter Grill", Homemade "Power Wire".

Mods and Work Need Done

Level Truck, Fix The All Popular Crack Dash Syndrome, Better Front Shocks, New Right Front Wheel Bearing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-25-2011, 05:55 PM
Stevie

Hmmm..could be U joints...could be a brake caliper dragging a bit.

I've had U joints that were not just out-out and loose...but made squeaking noises. Took the drive shaft down and the joints were about locked up. Changed them out and the rollers were all there..but full of rust too.

Maybe jack the truck up and put the trans in neutral and get underneath and turn things backwards and forewards to see if it's U joints or a hung up caliper?
#3 Old 08-29-2011, 10:58 AM
garywkamp

(Thread Starter)
Just so everyone knows. I replaced the U-Joints this weekend and that solved my sqeuking problems. And also if yours is like mine the bolts had locktite on them. I figured out if you heat the bolt up with a torch they come out alot easier. It wasnt that hard and worth the time to have greaseable u-joints.

2002 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 Magnum Automatic Trans 4X4 94,000 Miles

Mods and Work Done

Bully Dog Chrome Locking Gas Door, 20% Tint All Around, Sony Detachable Bluetooth Head Unit, "Gutter Grill", New Front Rotors and Pads, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Synthetic Oil Change, New Primewell Tires Factory Size, Diamond Plate Delta Toolbox, Debadged, Hellas 500FF Behind "Gutter Grill", Homemade "Power Wire".

Mods and Work Need Done

Level Truck, Fix The All Popular Crack Dash Syndrome, Better Front Shocks, New Right Front Wheel Bearing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.