Squeaking When Backing Up - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

garywkamp

Squeaking When Backing Up - Posted: 08-25-2011, 03:51 PM
City: Indianapolis
State: IN
Post #1

I get a noise that sounds like squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, It does it ONLY when backing up and does it wether or not I push on the breaks. Could it be U-joints? The truck has like 98,000 on it dont know if they have ever been replaced.

Mods and Work Done

Bully Dog Chrome Locking Gas Door, 20% Tint All Around, Sony Detachable Bluetooth Head Unit, "Gutter Grill", New Front Rotors and Pads, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Synthetic Oil Change, New Primewell Tires Factory Size, Diamond Plate Delta Toolbox, Debadged, Hellas 500FF Behind "Gutter Grill", Homemade "Power Wire".

Mods and Work Need Done

Level Truck, Fix The All Popular Crack Dash Syndrome, Better Front Shocks, New Right Front Wheel Bearing
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Stevie

Posted: 08-25-2011, 04:55 PM
State: OK
Post #2

Hmmm..could be U joints...could be a brake caliper dragging a bit.

I've had U joints that were not just out-out and loose...but made squeaking noises. Took the drive shaft down and the joints were about locked up. Changed them out and the rollers were all there..but full of rust too.

Maybe jack the truck up and put the trans in neutral and get underneath and turn things backwards and forewards to see if it's U joints or a hung up caliper?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

garywkamp

Posted: 08-29-2011, 09:58 AM
City: Indianapolis
State: IN
Post #3

Just so everyone knows. I replaced the U-Joints this weekend and that solved my sqeuking problems. And also if yours is like mine the bolts had locktite on them. I figured out if you heat the bolt up with a torch they come out alot easier. It wasnt that hard and worth the time to have greaseable u-joints.

Mods and Work Done

Bully Dog Chrome Locking Gas Door, 20% Tint All Around, Sony Detachable Bluetooth Head Unit, "Gutter Grill", New Front Rotors and Pads, K&N Drop in Air Filter, Synthetic Oil Change, New Primewell Tires Factory Size, Diamond Plate Delta Toolbox, Debadged, Hellas 500FF Behind "Gutter Grill", Homemade "Power Wire".

Mods and Work Need Done

Level Truck, Fix The All Popular Crack Dash Syndrome, Better Front Shocks, New Right Front Wheel Bearing
Closed Thread