Broken Recirculation Door - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

340dartswinger

Broken Recirculation Door - Posted: 07-31-2011, 11:22 PM
City: West Allis
State: WI
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Moved my ac from fresh air to recirculate today and heard a loud snap from the passenger side and realized I had almost no air coming through the vents. I pulled the blower motor out and found the door resting on the blower motor blocking all air flow. So I pulled the broken door out and now I have full air moving through the vents, but with the door missing I'm getting all the hot air from outside and the air isnt getting as cold as it was when I was able to recirculate it.

After I did a quick google search I found some people have been able to replace the door by pulling out the glove box. They make it sound somewhat easy-Have any of you guys done this? Is it pretty easy? What issues will I run into if I just duct tape off the fresh air inlet inside the air box so I am permanenty on recirculate?

Thanks
Hella's behind the "Custom" Gutter Grille, Tinted windows(20%), Cut down (10") antenna
Cooper Discoverer A/T3 275/60-20, Eyelids, LED Tailgate Lightbar, Superchips 3815

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger
360- Edelbrock RPM Heads and Cam, Holley intake and Carb, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, TTI Headers, Full MSD Ignition.
727 Manual reverse pattern trans, 2800 Stall converter.
8 3/4 Auburn posi 3.73's.
Fiberglass Hood and Bumpers, 10pt cage and Dodge Neon bucket seats.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dmcelhannon

Posted: 08-01-2011, 12:14 AM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

See if this helps you out ...

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259714

God Squad July 1972-To Infinity and Beyond-#40 Little Rammie Ridin' Shotgun Club
287 Club Member #81 ~ Broken C Clip Club Member ~ Two-Tone Truck Club Member #13 ~ 4.56 R&P Club Member #8
Mighty Cracked Dash Enthusiast Club #11~Mother Earth Raping Big Truck Club Member #25~Truck and Gun Club Member #97

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 89K/3***hrs, 2002 Ram 45RFE Jeep GC TCM Upgrade to 5-45RFE, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO E's, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, Sonnax Line Pressure Booster, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, Lincoln E-Fan, DCC 2-Speed E-Fan Controller, 180 Jet T-Stat, Denso 160-amp Alternator, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Accele 3.5" LCD Backup System, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, Hella 500 Black Magic-100W, Nokya Hyper Yellow Fog Lights, $1600 Oil Pick-up Tube thanks Dodge
Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

Engine Failure ~ 645+-Days and Counting Thanks To A Dodge Pin-Head Engineer

“To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he
disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”
~ Thomas Jefferson

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

steev0

Posted: 08-01-2011, 04:34 PM
State: NJ
Post #3

Happened to me. gotta take off the glove box and such then take the little motor off for the broken door then pull out this white pin in there that holds the door in (where it should be if it wasnt broken) i went to the dealer and said it was broken and they sold me a whole new unit for like 50 bucks, all i used was the door off of it tho. stuck the door up through the blower motor hole, stuck that white pin back through when i had the door in the correct position then put the little motor back on and put every thing back together. all together it took me about 45 minutes to do it and that is wihtout ever doing something like that before.

Exterior/Suspension:
5in procomp lift, Carli Adjustable Track Bar, Pure Performance Sway Bar End Links, Bilstein Gas Shocks, 08.5 Steering Upgrade, Moog Ball Joints, 20in Chrome Xd Rockstars on 37/13.5/20 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Color Matched Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares, Carr Hoop Steps, Westin Bull Bar, Cheap Chrome Handle Covers, Recon Clear Cab Lights, 8000k H.I.D. with Recon Projector Headlights, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Recon L.E.D. tail lights

Performance:
Superchips Cortex, Airraid Intake, Magnaflow Muffler, DMH 3in Exhaust cutout, Soon to be 4.56 gears front and rear

Interior:
Doubledin Radio Bezel with Pioneer 4300dvd touchscreen headunit, 2 Jl12w6 subs powered by Hifonics 2000Watt Amp, 0 Gauge Wire Upgrade from alternator to battery and all grounds, Power locks and Windows (finally)

HEMISith

Posted: 08-01-2011, 04:40 PM
City: Hampton
State: VA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

www.heatertreater.net

340dartswinger

Posted: 08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Thanks for the link dmcelhannon, that gives me some good pics.
SteevO, thats what I was hoping to hear. It only took me about 10 min to pull the broke door out, now I just need to go get the new one. How did you make sure the motor/door were in the right position? I noticed that the motor with no door spins 360, I don't want to install the new door and have the motor break it right way because I didn't have it timed right.
Thanks!
Hella's behind the "Custom" Gutter Grille, Tinted windows(20%), Cut down (10") antenna
Cooper Discoverer A/T3 275/60-20, Eyelids, LED Tailgate Lightbar, Superchips 3815

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger
360- Edelbrock RPM Heads and Cam, Holley intake and Carb, Harland Sharp Roller Rockers, TTI Headers, Full MSD Ignition.

steev0

Posted: 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM
State: NJ
Post #6

honestly i really dont know how i got it right i guess i was lucky haha. i kind of just put it in and its been in for well over a year now and has been fine since then

Exterior/Suspension:
5in procomp lift, Carli Adjustable Track Bar, Pure Performance Sway Bar End Links, Bilstein Gas Shocks, 08.5 Steering Upgrade, Moog Ball Joints, 20in Chrome Xd Rockstars on 37/13.5/20 Nitto Mud Grapplers, Color Matched Bushwacker Pocket Style Flares, Carr Hoop Steps, Westin Bull Bar, Cheap Chrome Handle Covers, Recon Clear Cab Lights, 8000k H.I.D. with Recon Projector Headlights, Drilled and Slotted Rotors, Recon L.E.D. tail lights

Performance:
Superchips Cortex, Airraid Intake, Magnaflow Muffler, DMH 3in Exhaust cutout, Soon to be 4.56 gears front and rear

Interior:
Doubledin Radio Bezel with Pioneer 4300dvd touchscreen headunit, 2 Jl12w6 subs powered by Hifonics 2000Watt Amp, 0 Gauge Wire Upgrade from alternator to battery and all grounds, Power locks and Windows (finally)

340dartswinger

Posted: 08-01-2011, 06:00 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #7

Wow, I just went on the heater treater site and they make a nice product, but it is also $129 plus shiping for the 1 door. But they do have a nice pic on their site of the glove box removed for me to look at

1969 Dodge Dart Swinger

Doug D

Posted: 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340dartswinger View Post
I noticed that the motor with no door spins 360, I don't want to install the new door and have the motor break it right way because I didn't have it timed right.
Thanks!
The HVAC computer that controls the doors recalibrates so it knows where the "stop" points (full open and full close) are. Unfortunately, that's how over time all the doors will eventually fail. The stop pins on the doors are plastic and will eventually crack and break. The recirc door and mode 2 door (controls the floor/defrost vents) are broken on mine.

2010 Dodge Journey SXT 3.5L V6

eaton

Posted: 08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
The Walt-n-ator
City: Denton
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #9

X2 on the heater treater stuff. I had two doors broken on my 06', so i just replaced all of the doors.
Chrome Tubular Upper Grill - Polished Billet Bumper Grill - Polished Billet Fuel Door - 10" Black Shorty Antenna - Silver Antenna Bezel - Black Painted "B" Pillars - 22x9.5" Chrome Liquid Metal Lithium 5 wheels - 305/40-22 Nitto NT420s Tires - Belltech 2/5 Drop with Street Performance Shocks (#810SP) - Retrofit Morimoto Mini D2S 2.0 Headlight Projectors - Gatling Gun Shrouds - D2S 6000k HID Bulbs - AMP bulb adaptors - Color-Matched Headlight Bezels - Smoked Turn Signal Reflectors - Chrome Turn Signal Stealth Bulbs - 9006 HID Foglights 6000k - Smoked LED 3rd Brake Light - Smoked LED Tail Lights - 6k LED reverse Lights (3157) - LINE-X Bedliner - Street Scene Gen 2 Steel Roll Pan - Mopar Rear Wheel Well Liners
Interior:
Factory Infinity System...Gone, Finally! - Kenwood KDC-MP2035 Head Unit - Kenwood iPhone Interface - Peripheral CHYAH05 CANbus Interface (No More DTC's) - Infinity Reference 6-1/2" Components (2 Pair) - Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 Subwoofers (2) - Profile AP1040 80x4 RMS - Profile AP2000 320x2 RMS - Tsunami 2-Farad Capacitor - SteetWires Wiring w/ 200-Amp Main Fuse - Custom Fiberglass Subwoofer Enclosure - 100 sq./ft. FatMat - Billet Technology Satin HVAC Knobs - Billet Technology Satin Headlight Knob - Polished Billet Ribbed Cigarette Lighter - Chrome HVAC Vent Covers - Window Tint (35% Front Doors / 5% Windshield Strip, Rear Doors, & Rear window) - Silver Center Dash Bezel - Silver Door Panel Spears - Silver Front Door Window Switch Bezels - Silver Rear Window Switch Bezels - Silver Steering Wheel Bezels - Silver Overhead Console Bezel - Silver Dome Light Bezel - Silver Door Lock Bezels - Smoked Door Reflectors

Performance:
AirAid MIT - K&N Drop-in Filter - Superchips Flashpaq (#3865) w/ Trans Tuning - BBK Headers (#4009) - Mopar Header Gaskets - 2.5" Custom Tubing from Cats to Magnaflow Y - Magnaflow Y-Pipe 2.5" DI/3" SO (#10778) - Magnaflow 6" Round Muffler 3" SI/SO (#12619) - Jet 180* Thermostat (#10183) - Motive 4.56 Gears LSD - PowerStop Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors F/R & Powerstop Evolution Z16 Ceramic Pads F/R (#2164) - Black Painted Calipers/Brackets

04 1500

Posted: 08-01-2011, 11:08 PM
04 1500
Post #10

I just ened a self taper screw and screwed the door to the plastic where it closes. its 100 + down here in Tx and my ac was warm. removed motor and found door just laying there. I screwed it in the close position and ac is cold again.
Closed Thread