Strange front axle problem! - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - 4X4 Talk

Closed Thread

MADBRAD

Strange front axle problem! - Posted: 07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
MADBRAD
City: Brighton
State: CO
Post #1

In a previous thread I talked about problems with front axle actuator. I replaced actuator and still had the same problems. Upon further investigation I found out that the steel collar that the actuator moves wont spline onto passenger side axle. Even with a prybar I cant get them to spline together. Not sure if it is burred or oil varnish is the culprit. Oh well guess I have to pull it apart and see whats going on. A project that has to be done before winter indeed!
tow hooks /front suspension skid plate
3" cat back Flowmaster original 40
dechromed/debadged
black grille/black bumpers
Truxedo Truxsport
Belltech drop shackles
personalized "MADBRAD" license plates
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MADBRAD

Posted: 07-30-2011, 08:31 PM
MADBRAD
City: Brighton
State: CO
Post #2

Problem fixed! It appears the passenger side axle had burs on the end of all the splines which prevented the collar from sliding onto it and locking the two axles together. A few minutes with the Dremel tool and a fine abrasive sharpening bit smoothed out the burs and collar slides over the axle freely.
tow hooks /front suspension skid plate
3" cat back Flowmaster original 40
dechromed/debadged
black grille/black bumpers
Truxedo Truxsport
Belltech drop shackles
personalized "MADBRAD" license plates
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread