Tranny wont shift into overdrive - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 07-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Emsi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Tranny wont shift into overdrive

Hi there,
I recently bought a used Dodge 1997 B2500 Conversion Van with 122K miles on it. Beside a rusted rain gutter and spare tire mount the tranny will not shift into overdrive. There is a control button (circled D) on the dashboard with a control light next to it. The light will stay on even when you push the button. I have no manual yet at all for this Van. The previous owner says that he got a new tranny installed and after a couple miles driving it the overdrive went bad. It shifts perfectly smouth but it will not go into overdrive.
Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? I apologize for my spelling. I am living in Germany! Thank you all for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-08-2011, 05:53 PM
alloro
Elder User

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd say it's a blown fuse, broken wire, or the OD solenoid is no good.
#3 Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 AM
stev
Seating for 12

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This was covered about two years ago in the Ram Van forums here. Do a search for the tranny OD, the information should still be there to fix this.

2000 Dodge-Ram-B1500 V6 3.9L, 3.55:1, RoadMaster MKII-XF -SOLD-
2001 Dodge-Ram-B2500 V8 5.2L, 3.92:1, RoadMaster MKII-XXF
1982 Coachmen Cadet 19-1/2 3000# Towable Camper

*DodgeTalk.com 318 Enthusiast Member #(50)*
*DodgeTalk.com Ram Van/Wagon Member #(1)*
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.