radio keyless entry problems - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 06-23-2011, 10:45 AM
mytdrummerman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question radio keyless entry problems

Hi, my first post here. I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Laramie with the Hemi engine. My problem is that the radio quit, won't come on at all. At the same time the keyless entry and the interior cab lights don't come on until I put the key into the ignition and turn the accessory power on or start the truck. The power door lock on the drivers side door doesn't work either until you turn the ignition on. Once the accessory is turned on or truck is started the keyless entry works fine but still no radio. Seems it's the constant live feed isn't getting to the needed systems. Power seats still work without key in ignition. Would this be a security problem? Ignition switch problem? Checked all fuses, all the grounds I could see...unplugged and plugged in all kinds of plugs, no go. Any Ideas?

thanks

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 4x4 Laramie with the Hemi engine
ac, power seats, power heated mirrors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 AM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Welcome to Dodgetalk. Dodge didn't put a Hemi in any trucks until 2008. So not sure why you think you have a Hemi.

JUST KIDDING.

Do this, take your drivers door panel off. Seach on here on how to do that. It's a very easy task. 4 philips and a 10mm bolt. Pull up on the door panel.

Remove the main harness off the door lock/window buttons. Clean all terminals and reconnect the connection making sure it makes good contact and CLICKS into place.

Then try again..

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

#3 Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM
mytdrummerman

(Thread Starter)
Thanks...if your talking about the plugs that go directly into the controls for the windows and locks I have already tried that, or is there another main plug in the door?
#4 Old 06-23-2011, 01:07 PM
MonsoonMike
Moderator Mike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
No, that is it.

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

#5 Old 06-27-2011, 08:04 PM
mytdrummerman

(Thread Starter)
I now tried replacing the ignition switch as well. No luck. Could it be something with the security system? The remote mirrors and power seats still work without the key in the ignition...has me totally stumped.
#6 Old 06-28-2011, 07:15 PM
mytdrummerman

(Thread Starter)
Well I finally broke down and brought it to a dealership.$158.00 later it works. Seems there was a faulty wire between the PDC and DLC/radio.lights RKE etc. Says here they traced back and found green part of wire, cut out green section and wired in a new piece and it then worked. Thanks for the replies I received..
#7 Old 08-08-2011, 07:32 PM
boricua65x

need some help. Have a 2003 ram 1500 both of my keyless remotes stop working the same day, change batteries and nothing
#8 Old 08-08-2011, 09:33 PM
mattferd
Defender of Mattness

Quote:
Originally Posted by boricua65x View Post
need some help. Have a 2003 ram 1500 both of my keyless remotes stop working the same day, change batteries and nothing
Interior lights work with the key off? Does your radio work?

I blew a fuse.. think it's 58 or 59... it's a mini fuse in a black clip all the way to the fender side of the fuse box in my 05, and it messed up all kinds of junk.

2005 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4 5.7 Hemi
-Stock 20 Flower Petals mounted with 275/60R20 Cooper Zeons
-Silverstar Lights in Heads, Fogs, and Hellas
-Hella 500's Behind the Grill
-LED Reverse Lights
-Pyle DVD Headunit with 7" motorized screen and 7" headrest monitors and Back up Camera

Next projects: Sub/Amp, Upgrade Door Speakers, Raptor Bedliner

God Squad 1988-Eternity
#9 Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
crasher76
Im wired!!!

Imo the wires will go before the fuses on the dash wiring.

Black 2003 QC SB SLT 4x4 Offroad 5.7L HEMI, Original Owner 3.92 LSD, 260 cam, 6.1 Rods/Springs, Home Ported/Polished Heads, Psc1, 04 Map sensor and Fuel pump assembly, Oil pressure guage, Amsoil, Champs, MSD 8.5MM Full length Wires, Transgo HD w/out resistor, Superchip, 180 T-Stat, K/N 77 Series, Ceramic Flowtech headers with Y-Pipe, Stage 8 locks, Ditched the cat, O2 sensor mod, Jack Rabbit bed cover, Sprayed bed liner, Big Mouth Grill-Black, Blackend Headlights/Tails, Silverstar ultras, Ditched all chrome, Custom 10's sub enclosure, Upgraded 160 amp alt, Window tint, Relocated purge valve, Energy suspension bushings, Rear spring clamps, Rebuilt front suspension, Ditched Sway Bar, Passport 8500 Radar Detector, Ditched the baby seat- kid wasnt mine, Cigarette burn in the seat mod, Debadged, Custom Rewired/Properly Grounded.
#10 Old 08-09-2011, 06:52 PM
boricua65x

check every fuses and no luck
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.