Ram Box leaking - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - Interior/Exterior Talk

Closed Thread

Hemichild

Ram Box leaking - Posted: 03-16-2011, 06:37 PM
City: Winnipeg
State: MB
Post #1

Anyone else notice this with there ram box. there supposed to be water tight but I guess my truck missed that memo. Looks like a trip to the dealer.
Advertisement

mirowpl

Posted: 03-16-2011, 07:03 PM
State: NC
Post #2

i have not had that problem with mine. there is a TSB about warpping of the top so that could be the problem. have them check that out as well.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

SEAN1STRAM

Posted: 03-16-2011, 07:17 PM
City: MB Canada
View This User's Garage
Post #3

no water inside mine, and on the other side - when i had ice/water inside it (on purpose), it stayed inside until i pulled the plugs.

sean

Mods done: Linex, Volant CAI, 2.5" TGC level kit, Bakflip F1, stubby antenna, tow hooks, 50% tint front windows, Flow Pro muffler dropped at axle, Nitto Terra Grapplers 275/65R20 on stock rims, N-Fab steps, Sport Hood

Mods to do: skid plates

Hers - 2014 Wrangler Limited Altitude edition all black. Mods on the way.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

watkins

Posted: 03-17-2011, 11:29 AM
State: TX
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAN1STRAM View Post
no water inside mine, and on the other side - when i had ice/water inside it (on purpose), it stayed inside until i pulled the plugs.

sean
hey sean,
ever thought about spaying some foam around the underside one of your ramboxes? i would like to make them a little more insulated, but would rather someone else test out my theory!

SEAN1STRAM

Posted: 03-17-2011, 07:06 PM
City: MB Canada
View This User's Garage
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by watkins View Post
hey sean,
ever thought about spaying some foam around the underside one of your ramboxes? i would like to make them a little more insulated, but would rather someone else test out my theory!
I will let you go first on that one

I will say one trip to the lake, loaded with frozen and cold stuff with ice - lake is 2.5 hours away. Got there in +30C weather around mid afternoon, by 10am next day there was still some ice and water was still cold. So i am thinking.....one side beer, one side tools - rolling man cave!!

Sean

Mods done: Linex, Volant CAI, 2.5" TGC level kit, Bakflip F1, stubby antenna, tow hooks, 50% tint front windows, Flow Pro muffler dropped at axle, Nitto Terra Grapplers 275/65R20 on stock rims, N-Fab steps, Sport Hood

Mods to do: skid plates

Hers - 2014 Wrangler Limited Altitude edition all black. Mods on the way.

watkins

Posted: 03-18-2011, 09:49 AM
State: TX
Post #6

my wife is a planner sean. during a tailgating experience last year (early in the morning) she made a complete bloody mary bar in one side complete with 45 different options. big hit!
didn't have to worry about the ice melting that morning...
Closed Thread