Post your transformation pics!! - Page 7 - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Musclemckeester

Posted: 04-06-2011, 08:32 AM
5.7L HEMI
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake09 View Post
Yeh true guys...Only reason I'm against tinting my tails is that i figure cops would be bugging me about them all the time idk..maybe if they werent so dark they would be ok
I'm in the same boat as you. I really, really want my tails tinted (thinking of using VHT nightshades), but I also don't want to draw extra attention to myself. I'm thinking about just doing a couple of light coats (not to make it too obvious) and see how I like that. I guess the benefit of doing something lamin-x is you could always just peel it off if you get stopped for it.

Quote:
We'll see how holding off goes lol...upgrading the sub may be the way to go
haha well it hasn't worked yet... yeah sub is what I will upgrade eventually.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jake09

Posted: 04-06-2011, 08:53 AM
State: VA
View This User's Gallery
Post #122

Quote:
haha well it hasn't worked yet... yeah sub is what I will upgrade eventually.
I wonder if a better sub will do any good on the factory amp? or would you have to run a different amp?

Quote:
I really, really want my tails tinted (thinking of using VHT nightshades), but I also don't want to draw extra attention to myself. I'm thinking about just doing a couple of light coats (not to make it too obvious) and see how I like that. I guess the benefit of doing something lamin-x is you could always just peel it off if you get stopped for it.
They would look good darker, but I'm too chicken haha...I'll see how yours turns out first lol

2009 Dodge Ram 5.7 QC Sport 4x4

4" mopar (superlift), Bilstein 5100's at 2.1", 1.25" body lift, 1.5" tgc rear spacers, Bilstein 5125's 12" travel rear shocks, 37/13.50/20 nitto mud grapplers, 20x10 black fuel hostages -12offset,AMP powersteps, color match Tow mirrors, Led tails, Led swap, 5" mbrp tips, Diablo Trinity 20% tint, weathertech floormats, color matched grille,self retro projector headlights,laminx fog lights,ddm 55w 6k lows, 35w 6k hids fogs, flowmaster 10 series,spray in bedliner,debadged
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Musclemckeester

Posted: 04-06-2011, 09:04 AM
5.7L HEMI
View This User's Gallery
Post #123

why do I always have to be the guinea pig? lol well my badges, grill, and wheels are done and Jeremy is working on my black headlight housing. Besides the tails, anything else you want to see done to your truck on mine? haha

jake09

Posted: 04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #124

Quote:
why do I always have to be the guinea pig? lol well my badges, grill, and wheels are done and Jeremy is working on my black headlight housing. Besides the tails, anything else you want to see done to your truck on mine? haha
The tails and headlights are about it lol...and I gave you a pretty good idea what a 4" lift would look like on yours and the 295s And even a 1.25" body lift lol

4" mopar (superlift), Bilstein 5100's at 2.1", 1.25" body lift, 1.5" tgc rear spacers, Bilstein 5125's 12" travel rear shocks, 37/13.50/20 nitto mud grapplers, 20x10 black fuel hostages -12offset,AMP powersteps, color match Tow mirrors, Led tails, Led swap, 5" mbrp tips, Diablo Trinity 20% tint, weathertech floormats, color matched grille,self retro projector headlights,laminx fog lights,ddm 55w 6k lows, 35w 6k hids fogs, flowmaster 10 series,spray in bedliner,debadged

Musclemckeester

Posted: 04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
5.7L HEMI
View This User's Gallery
Post #125

True, true, you got me on the lift and tires.

Well the headlights should be on in a couple of weeks then I'll have pics with the grill, badges, exhaust tips all painted. You're going to want to do it too, so just start preparing yourself Tinted tails well I'm still back and forth on but will probably end up doing them at some point.

jake09

Posted: 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM
View This User's Gallery
Post #126

Quote:
Well the headlights should be on in a couple of weeks then I'll have pics with the grill, badges, exhaust tips all painted. You're going to want to do it too, so just start preparing yourself Tinted tails well I'm still back and forth on but will probably end up doing them at some point.
Haha i just won't look at the pics when you post them

clackout

Posted: 04-06-2011, 09:43 AM
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #127

Agent Orange: What fender flares are those? I like the BW Pockets but I like yours as well.

Musclemckeester

Posted: 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM
5.7L HEMI
View This User's Gallery
Post #128

Quote:
Haha i just won't look at the pics when you post them
lol you know you won't be able to resist

mitchman

Posted: 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
State: SC
Post #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclemckeester View Post
Jeremy is working on my black headlight housing.
It would be awesome if he accidentally sent those to me.

Adidas_kn

Posted: 04-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Agent Orange!
City: NW Houston
View This User's Gallery
Post #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by clackout View Post
Agent Orange: What fender flares are those? I like the BW Pockets but I like yours as well.
Guess you're talking to me. Lol! They are factory Laramie/TRX flares that have been shortened for my HD bumper and smoothed/paint matched. Where in Texas are you located?
09' QC 2wd, Custom Lift with air suspension, Custom fit 2011 2500 front bumper, Challenger style hood, color matched everything, Vararam, SRT8 headers, x-piped side exhaust, 87mm TB, V6 E-Fan, 4.56's, 35/12.50/20's on 20x9 Falken ORC wheels.

Durty work by me, paint by Colin Hurst and retro'd heads by a crazy trucker.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Posted: 04-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Try harder
City: Norman
State: OK
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #131

I will most likely be tinting my tails soon so both of you can check it out. I'll be going the Lamin-x route as almost everything I've done so far can easily be reversed.

Mineral Gray 2010 Dodge Ram CC Hemi Sport

Exterior: Limo tint | Painted tips | Painted calipers | De-badged | Painted grill inserts | Gloss black b-pillars | Color matched antenna base |
VHT tinted puddle lights | Color matched tailgate handle | Shaved and two-toned grill | Painted Vararam lid w/ two-toned Ram badge |
Color matched Laramie 2500 flares | Shaved tailgate badge | Shortened and painted antenna
Lighting: Color matched headlights retrofitted with 5000k Morimoto projectors |
5000k HID fog lights tinted with Lamin-x | 6000k HID retrofitted reverse lights
Interior: Color matched interior plastics | 2 MTX 12" subs in a cheap box | REN MyGig 30gb headunit | Black microsuede wrapped headliner and sun visors | Black microsuede wrapped and shaved pillars | Black microsuede wrapped custom made door inserts | SEM black painted interior plastics
Suspension: McGaughy's 2/5 Economy drop | BrakeMotive cross-drilled and slotted rotors | All black Milano M724 22s | 305/40R22 Nitto 420s | AirLift Helper Bags
Performance: Superchips Vivid Paq w/ trans tuning | Vararam Air Grabber | Magnaflow 18" Muffler | Raceland USA E-Cutout |
Billet Technology Oil Catch Can | Clutch fan delete | 180 T-stat | Magnaflow Y-Pipe with relocated crossover pipe

butterscotch71

Posted: 04-07-2011, 05:54 PM
crazy about mopars
City: Central Ohio
State: OH
Post #132

Well, not much of a transformation yet, but I did lose the RAM emblems, those stupid TRX decals (didn't last more than two days) and added a set of factory 20s. Still trying to get past the idea of painting an almost brand new truck and go monotone. Next is dual exhaust with factory cutout bumper, then probably painted door handles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1778.JPG (147.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 1819.JPG (124.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 1822.JPG (128.3 KB, 10 views)
71 Plymouth road runners

luckyshotbrooks

Posted: 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Post #133

Awesome trucks guys...Heres mine.
Daystar leveling kit...17x9 Vision Wheels...Truck Champ Steps...Cattlemans Grille Guard...hopefully much more to come
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stock Truck.JPG (421.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg New Truck Wheels.JPG (423.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg new grille guard 1.JPG (137.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg new grille guard 3.JPG (167.4 KB, 7 views)

jake09

Posted: 04-07-2011, 08:07 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #134

Quote:
Well, not much of a transformation yet, but I did lose the RAM emblems, those stupid TRX decals (didn't last more than two days) and added a set of factory 20s. Still trying to get past the idea of painting an almost brand new truck and go monotone. Next is dual exhaust with factory cutout bumper, then probably painted door handles.
Leave the two-tone man it looks good...I think it would look good to black it out with the two tone orange..wheels, windows, heads, tails, etc

RTCarlin

Posted: 04-07-2011, 09:10 PM
City: Cordova
State: TN
Post #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRbrnSNRbrd View Post
I will most likely be tinting my tails soon so both of you can check it out. I'll be going the Lamin-x route as almost everything I've done so far can easily be reversed.
VERY interested to see how the Lamin-x route works! I also prefer my mods to be "undo-able"... how soon is soon?????

NMBowtie

Posted: 04-07-2011, 09:39 PM
City: Estancia
State: NM
Post #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyshotbrooks View Post
Awesome trucks guys...Heres mine.
Daystar leveling kit...17x9 Vision Wheels...Truck Champ Steps...Cattlemans Grille Guard...hopefully much more to come
Nice truck! I would like to see some more shots of the grille guard. From what I can tell, it actually seems to match the lines of the truck pretty well, and I haven't seen many that do. That is part of the reason I have held off getting one.

Gun control is not about guns, it's about control.
The Elite White Truck Club Member #212

luckyshotbrooks

Posted: 04-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Post #137

No problem here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new grille guard 2.JPG (152.4 KB, 12 views)

10TXRAM

Posted: 04-07-2011, 10:49 PM
Post #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrmagnum View Post

WOW! Such a hot truck man!!!!!

Diablo tuner
Magnaflowed
Cutout
Jeep srt8 headers
custom Y pipe
HID heads/fogs
HID Reverse lights
Cooper STT's
3" level

scaredsilly

Posted: 04-15-2011, 01:43 PM
State: CO
Post #139

Quote:
Haven't seen a thread on posting transformation pics so figured I would try one out. Post pics of your transformed trucks up to this point and list mods if you want.
I dont have a stock pic but you can imagine it lol

Leveled with 285 bfgs

4" superlift with 35" nitto trail grapps

Deer mod

Added 1.25" body up to this point

Mods so far: 4" superlift, 1.25" rc body lift, tinted windows, 295/65/20 nitto trail grapplers, flowmasters, spray in liner, painted grille shell, weathertech ventvisors and floormats

Jake09 - Love the look after the body lift. Do you have any pics of the rear? I've always shy'd away from body lifts due to the gap they create over the trailer hitch. Wondering what yours looks like (or if you even have a hitch?)... Thanks...

trooperjoe73

Posted: 04-15-2011, 02:37 PM
Run, see what happens!
City: Brownsville
View This User's Gallery
Post #140

We need to start over and go pics, no comments!

2012 RAM 1500 Lone Star Crew Cab 4X4:
Mods:
1. Window Tint / Windshield AS1 Line
2. Top Gun Customz 2.5" Leveling Kit
3. Code Alarm CA3051/Glass Break
4. Daystar .75" Rear Spacer
5. Truck Champ 4" Black Oval Steps
6. 275/65/20 Nitto Terra Grapplers
7. 20X9 - XD Crank (Machined) Rims
8. Laramie Flares
9. Grill-Back to Chrome w/ black honey-comb (previous color matched)
NEXT: Not sure. Maybe Line-X.