Lost all the keys - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

King

Lost all the keys - Posted: 02-27-2011, 06:00 PM
State: TX
Post #1

Well the wife pulled a good one and lost both sets of keys. Thats right, she lost both keyfobs and the entry & tailgate keys along with the bed cover keys. I have a locksmith on the way and I will report back when he's done with my wallet.
Advertisement

chode

Posted: 02-27-2011, 06:04 PM
City: belton
State: MO
Post #2

sorry dude thats funny right there i dont care who you are
98 ram qc 4x4 360 with .30 overbore everything els stock 86 ram d150 with a bad 318 and in the carhold a 67 plymouth satilite 383 b&m slap shifter with 4.10 rear gears blue truck #195
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

bobst

Posted: 02-27-2011, 06:24 PM
bobst
City: ON Canada
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chode View Post
sorry dude thats funny right there i dont care who you are
thats funny right there....god bless the little pigmys in new ginny
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

SEAN1STRAM

Posted: 02-27-2011, 06:26 PM
City: MB Canada
State: MB
View This User's Garage
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
Well the wife pulled a good one and lost both sets of keys. Thats right, she lost both keyfobs and the entry & tailgate keys along with the bed cover keys. I have a locksmith on the way and I will report back when he's done with my wallet.
OMFG, and on a Sunday to!! Yikes, bend over.

Couldn't you use Roadside to take it to stealer or would that be worse?

good luck man, i feel for you - yikes

Mods done: Linex, Volant CAI, 2.5" TGC level kit, Bakflip F1, stubby antenna, tow hooks, 50% tint front windows, Flow Pro muffler dropped at axle, Nitto Terra Grapplers 275/65R20 on stock rims, N-Fab steps, Sport Hood

Mods to do: skid plates

Hers - 2014 Wrangler Limited Altitude edition all black. Mods on the way.

plumcrazy73

Posted: 02-27-2011, 07:14 PM
Real Men Drive Mopars!
City: Fort Benning Ga Area
State: AL
Post #5

well look at it this way you can milk this for a lllllllllllooooooonnnnngggggggg time, think of the things you can get out of.

"Honey you forgot to pay the house payment, yea, well you lost the keys all of them!"

Seriously sorry to hear that.

4TH GEN TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #72

MILITARY TRUCK CLUB MEMBER #129

King

Posted: 02-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Post #6

Well here is the deal. The guy programmed 2 new fobs and cut the key blades in the fob for the doors and tailgate. He cut and programed 2 emergency keys (the ones with the blades and chip all in one), he picked and cut 3 new keys for the Leer 700 bed cover and made me 4 house keys. Grand total $397. He used my Vin# to get the key code for the cutting of the blades so that was cool to see him cut a key and open a door. He also told me if someone calls him with their keys locked in their vehicle he uses the same process. To program the keys he simply hooked up to the OBD port and used his hand held comp http://mvptcodesupport.com/ .Well for all he did I can't complain and it was interesting to watch.

CMerritt84

Posted: 02-27-2011, 09:00 PM
NLWU
City: Meansville
State: GA
Post #7

good luck. and have lots of vaseline. you may need it. and tell the wifey to pay up. its her fault. she did it. dang women. thats why i dont need one.

blackhemi4x4

Posted: 02-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Shut up and drive!
City: Loganville
Post #8

sucks that it happened, but for under 400, and everything he did, I think you done good!

2010 Ram 1500 QuadCab 4x4 5.7 HEMI Big Horn

mods: debadged
future mods: Exhaust, tires, tow hooks, skid plates, a/t tires, red brake calipers, maybe a tuner, line-x, 12" ported sub under a seat, colormatched grille
-Will be keeping it mostly stock.

My G/F also has the same truck, only hers is 100% stock-2010 Ram 1500 QuadCab 4x4 5.7 HEMI Big Horn

Former owner of 2007 Ram QC 4x4 BigHorn 5.7
99 Neon ES auto
01 Neon ES 5 speed
a handful of dodge Shadows (4 of them, all running)
early 90's D50

Im no longer amotorkat :P

SEAN1STRAM

Posted: 02-27-2011, 09:11 PM
View This User's Garage
Post #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck001 View Post
good luck. and have lots of vaseline. you may need it. and tell the wifey to pay up. its her fault. she did it. dang women. thats why i dont need one.
duck, starting to think you really just dont like women. at least the marrying kind.

You gotta find the right kind, the ones who let you be you....I can honestly say after 10 years I keep getting happier. You just havent found the right one for you.

Sean

Mods done: Linex, Volant CAI, 2.5" TGC level kit, Bakflip F1, stubby antenna, tow hooks, 50% tint front windows, Flow Pro muffler dropped at axle, Nitto Terra Grapplers 275/65R20 on stock rims, N-Fab steps, Sport Hood

SEAN1STRAM

Posted: 02-27-2011, 09:12 PM
View This User's Garage
Post #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by King View Post
Well here is the deal. The guy programmed 2 new fobs and cut the key blades in the fob for the doors and tailgate. He cut and programed 2 emergency keys (the ones with the blades and chip all in one), he picked and cut 3 new keys for the Leer 700 bed cover and made me 4 house keys. Grand total $397. He used my Vin# to get the key code for the cutting of the blades so that was cool to see him cut a key and open a door. He also told me if someone calls him with their keys locked in their vehicle he uses the same process. To program the keys he simply hooked up to the OBD port and used his hand held comp http://mvptcodesupport.com/ .Well for all he did I can't complain and it was interesting to watch.
that hurts, but for what he did thats not to bad at all.

Are the old keys rendered useless now? for the truck at least?

King

Posted: 02-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Post #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAN1STRAM View Post
that hurts, but for what he did thats not to bad at all.

Are the old keys rendered useless now? for the truck at least?
Yes he had the option to clear the old keys so he did so. The price didn't bother me and I now have 4 new keys.

CMerritt84

Posted: 02-27-2011, 09:28 PM
NLWU
City: Meansville
Post #12

well if you find the other keys you can have them reprogrammed to the truck.

and as far as women go, im perfectly happy without anyone. i do just fine being alone. its worked fine so far. i did have a girl, but way too fussy and turned molehills into mountains about anything under the sun and it dang near drove me insane.

with that in the rearview im happy being alone.

King

Posted: 02-27-2011, 09:28 PM
Post #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck001 View Post

It takes 2 for a relationship and I have done my share of screw ups that she has had to put up with.

MGRAM-10

Posted: 02-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Don't forget your towel
City: Edmonton
State: AB
Post #14

Ummm what is going on here? relationship advise on a dodge forum

Get back to subject guys lol

harvickman29

Posted: 02-27-2011, 10:49 PM
Post #15

No s**t I thought I was going to start hearing JERRY,JERRY.JERRY in the background there for a minute..
2010 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn Inferno Red (again) Nav System. 3.92 , Premium one spray in bedliner, windows tinted to match factory tint, Flowmaster 50 series. 2" leveling kit with 295 x 60 x 20 Nitto Terra Grapplers wrapped around 20" Gear Alloy Recoils.

2006 POWER WAGON INFERNO RED QC
Power Wagon Owner's Club #75

I KING RAM I

Posted: 02-27-2011, 11:21 PM
City: Omaha
State: NE
View This User's Gallery
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGRAM-10 View Post
Ummm what is going on here? relationship advise on a dodge forum

Get back to subject guys lol
sorry that is really funny

Fully Loaded

Black Clear Coat, 8 Speed, 3.92, LSD

Mods
Front tint to match rears, Debadged, Gloss Black Powdercoated stock sport wheels.

SEAN1STRAM

Posted: 02-28-2011, 06:37 AM
View This User's Garage
Post #17

lol, sorry guys dont know what i was thinking...

haha

huntergreen

Posted: 02-28-2011, 06:43 AM
State: OTHER
Post #18

i would bet as soon as your check clears, wifey will come up with the old ones.lol

2011_Ram_RT

Posted: 02-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Post #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvickman29 View Post
No s**t I thought I was going to start hearing JERRY,JERRY.JERRY in the background there for a minute..
Or an episode of Dr. Phil.....

2010 Brilliant Black Mustang GT coupe (Wendy's):
http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/...0Mustang%20GT/

teton

Posted: 02-28-2011, 10:36 AM
City: Downtown DC
State: DC
Post #20

That sucks man....this happened to me a couple of years ago, I have never been so happy I renewed my AAA...Lost my key on a sunday out in the middle of nowhere with friends tubing on a river, this was my older jeep, AAA had someone come out and make keys, the guy who came out said it would have cost me $450 for sunday service....but AAA covered all of it...

On my jeep and Ram I ziptie an extra key to the underbody in an inconspicuous location...I know this only helps in lockouts with out trucks, but still better than nothing!
Closed Thread