PCV valve location? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 02-07-2011, 10:00 PM
northof49

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
PCV valve location?

I have a 2001 ram 2500 with the 5.9L 360 gas engine. Had it scanned at the shop and they said the PCV valve needed to be replaced. Hoping someone can confirm if it is on the driver side or passenger side valve cover. It appears the passenger side rubber gasket was removed and now there is leakage around rubber gasket and especially on acceration or under load when cold. Other than noise on acceration when cold it seems to run fine.

Could they have put the PCV on wrong side? Is this possible? Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Ram15002ndgen
Don't Fear the Reaper

Each year was produced differently. You will have the PCV on one side and the breather on the other. The breather is a big unit that attaches to the air hat and the PCV is a little plastic device with a 3/8" line and attaches to the intake.
#3 Old 02-08-2011, 02:06 AM
portsider44

I agree with Ram1500, however I would like to know the code that points to PVC only? Can't say I have ever seen that one.

To me I would say find a new shop before they have you have to replace your flux capacitor.

1996 Ram 1500 4x4 Ext Cab 5.9, auto, NP231D transfer case, owned since 72K,trans replace at 91K. Track Bar & tie rod at 119K, Water pump & timing chain (did as pm along with wp) 131K, Fuel pump replaced at 170K, At 172K did the following, Seafoamed, Cap, rotor, plugs (NGK), plug wires, plenum, intaket, new 180 tstat, fan belt, radiator flush, new radiator.
#4 Old 02-26-2011, 02:55 PM
northof49

(Thread Starter)
Thnaks guys. I think the leakage is around the doh-nut rubber washer on the valve cover where the PCV hose goes in. I ordered a new one and will try replacing. The old one may have dried out and when the removed it might not be sealing properly. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.