30K Mile Service - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 01-31-2011, 06:41 AM
fastmopar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
30K Mile Service

I am due for my 30K mile service now. I pulled me owners manual out a few weeks back and I can't seem to locate it. Can anyone tell me or point me to a spot that lists what is needed for a 30K mile service? I don't want the dealer to do anything that is not required since I know this will be a pretty penny. This is my first time taking my truck in for maintenance per the manual so I am skeptical if it is really worth it. Can anyone offer input?

Thanks!!

2013 Quad Cab, 1500
Copperhead Pearl, 4x4, Sport
MOPAR Chrome Tube Steps
Truxedo Lo-Pro Tonneau Cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 AM
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Try harder

Personally, I always perform as much of the maintenance as possible simply because it is so damn expensive.

Mineral Gray 2010 Dodge Ram CC Hemi Sport

Exterior: Limo tint | Painted tips | Painted calipers | De-badged | Painted grill inserts | Gloss black b-pillars | Color matched antenna base |
VHT tinted puddle lights | Color matched tailgate handle | Shaved and two-toned grill | Painted Vararam lid w/ two-toned Ram badge |
Color matched Laramie 2500 flares | Shaved tailgate badge | Shortened and painted antenna
Lighting: Color matched headlights retrofitted with 5000k Morimoto projectors |
5000k HID fog lights tinted with Lamin-x | 6000k HID retrofitted reverse lights
Interior: Color matched interior plastics | 2 MTX 12" subs in a cheap box | REN MyGig 30gb headunit | Black microsuede wrapped headliner and sun visors | Black microsuede wrapped and shaved pillars | Black microsuede wrapped custom made door inserts | SEM black painted interior plastics
Suspension: McGaughy's 2/5 Economy drop | BrakeMotive cross-drilled and slotted rotors | All black Milano M724 22s | 305/40R22 Nitto 420s | AirLift Helper Bags
Performance: Superchips Vivid Paq w/ trans tuning | Vararam Air Grabber | Magnaflow 18" Muffler | Raceland USA E-Cutout |
Billet Technology Oil Catch Can | Clutch fan delete | 180 T-stat | Magnaflow Y-Pipe with relocated crossover pipe

#3 Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 AM
myoung84
Administrator

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The only thing required at 30k is to change the spark plugs, according to my 2010 manual, but the seem to change every year. I personally changed my plugs at 30k and plan to drop the trans pan to change the filters and change the rear differential fluid before I hit 36k. I actually change my rear diff fluid every 15-18k.

The plug change is not really that hard, just do it yourself and save a ton. Check out these 2 threads.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...992&highlight=
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...655&highlight=

2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman
Retro Shop Custom FXR Projectors | Diablo inTune | Vararam Intake | Moe's 87mm TB | BT Oil Catch Can
Toyo A/T II Tires | Bilstein 5100 Front Shocks @ 2.1" | Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks | Movotech UCA's
Bora 1.25" Spacers | AirLift Air Bags | Bestop PowerBoards | Undercover LUX Bed Cover | BedRug

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 Overland Hemi

Magnaflow Exhaust | Volant Intake | Diablo inTune w/Hemifever Tuning | BT Oil Catch Can

#4 Old 01-31-2011, 09:59 AM
blackhemi4x4
Shut up and drive!

you can download the manual here, http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html

The maintenance schedule starts on page 560.

This is listed for 30k
30,000 Miles (50,000 km) or
30 Months Maintenance
Service Schedule
❏ Change the engine oil and engine oil
filter.
❏ Rotate the tires.
❏ Replace the engine air cleaner filter.
❏ Replace the spark plugs (3.7L and
5.7L Engines).
❏ Lube the front drive shaft fitting
(2500/3500 (4x4) models only).
❏ Inspect the transfer case fluid.
❏ Adjust parking brake on vehicles
equipped with four-wheel disc brakes.
❏ Inspect exhaust system (including
isolators).

Im with myyoung on doing diffs and trans before or at 36k.

The shop will charge a pretty penny to do all this. If you are able to, this all can be done in a day, or to play it safe, in a weekend. Many of the first timers doing the Hemi plug change can be a half a day or more experience. Doing the diffs and trans, thats simple, but can get a little messy if you let it!

If you do bring it in to the dealer, see if they will allow you to use your own parts/fluids and just pay them labor. My dealership does that, and they enter into the systems that they did the work, so warranty maintenance issues are avoided

2010 Ram 1500 QuadCab 4x4 5.7 HEMI Big Horn

mods: debadged
future mods: Exhaust, tires, tow hooks, skid plates, a/t tires, red brake calipers, maybe a tuner, line-x, 12" ported sub under a seat, colormatched grille
-Will be keeping it mostly stock.

My G/F also has the same truck, only hers is 100% stock-2010 Ram 1500 QuadCab 4x4 5.7 HEMI Big Horn

Former owner of 2007 Ram QC 4x4 BigHorn 5.7
99 Neon ES auto
01 Neon ES 5 speed
a handful of dodge Shadows (4 of them, all running)
early 90's D50

Im no longer amotorkat :P

#5 Old 01-31-2011, 10:34 AM
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Try harder

One of my future plans, hopefully before I hit 10k miles, is to change the transmission and rear end oil out for something like Royal Purple.

Mineral Gray 2010 Dodge Ram CC Hemi Sport

Exterior: Limo tint | Painted tips | Painted calipers | De-badged | Painted grill inserts | Gloss black b-pillars | Color matched antenna base |
VHT tinted puddle lights | Color matched tailgate handle | Shaved and two-toned grill | Painted Vararam lid w/ two-toned Ram badge |
Color matched Laramie 2500 flares | Shaved tailgate badge | Shortened and painted antenna
Lighting: Color matched headlights retrofitted with 5000k Morimoto projectors |
5000k HID fog lights tinted with Lamin-x | 6000k HID retrofitted reverse lights
Interior: Color matched interior plastics | 2 MTX 12" subs in a cheap box | REN MyGig 30gb headunit | Black microsuede wrapped headliner and sun visors | Black microsuede wrapped and shaved pillars | Black microsuede wrapped custom made door inserts | SEM black painted interior plastics
Suspension: McGaughy's 2/5 Economy drop | BrakeMotive cross-drilled and slotted rotors | All black Milano M724 22s | 305/40R22 Nitto 420s | AirLift Helper Bags
Performance: Superchips Vivid Paq w/ trans tuning | Vararam Air Grabber | Magnaflow 18" Muffler | Raceland USA E-Cutout |
Billet Technology Oil Catch Can | Clutch fan delete | 180 T-stat | Magnaflow Y-Pipe with relocated crossover pipe

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.