Falken FK 452 vs Continental Cross Contact UHP - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 12-04-2010, 03:16 PM
rysim86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Falken FK 452 vs Continental Cross Contact UHP

Hi, im looking to get some tires for my truck and im not sure which ones to get. I have 20's and im looking for 255/45/20 tires to keep the spedo calibrated right. I heard that the Falken FK452 are a good tire but they are noisy. And for the conti's people are very hit or miss on them. I only use my truck for the summer so a pure summer tire is a must. Please help me out. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-05-2010, 03:27 AM
DartBoy01
Harrison

I'm running the 452's currently, overall I'm pretty happy with them other than my truck having negative camber on the front wearing them unevenly and somewhat faster than usual.

The price difference in the two tires your looking at would definitely settle it for me, I got my tire's mounted and balanced for just over $600.

1999 Dakota R/T
Interior fully Dynamatted, B&M Hammer Shifter, 2" DJM Coils, Sir Michaels Roll Pan & Handle Relocator, '69 Camaro chin spoiler, K&N FIPK, Spintech Headers and full side exit exhaust, Mopar Performance PCM, Viper E-fan w/ Painless performance temp controller, F&B 52mm T-body, Mopar M1 2BBL intake, 180* T-stat, Dual A-pillar pod w/ AEM Wideband, AEM trans temp gauge, stock smoked tails, Clear corners and headlights with Morimoto mini projectors 6K HID and 3k fogs 20" Boss 330 wheels, Cal-Tracs, SRT-4 Seats, Performance built transmission with 2500 stall, Hotchkis sway bars, Energy Suspension poly bushing set.

Awaiting install: Hotchkis leaf springs, C-notch, Viper front brakes, Innovations Pro Sport Tonneau.

SCT Tuned by Hemifever!

Hopefully in the future...
408, 4.10 gears, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Rear disc conversion, cowl or shaker hood and more as I think of them.

My Project
1972 Dart Swinger Special
and eventually a 1978 Dodge D-100 Adventurer standard cab short bed W/ a 440!

#3 Old 12-05-2010, 11:19 AM
rysim86

(Thread Starter)
Oh right on...How do you find the noise from the tires. I have been reading reviews online about the falken 452's and some people say that the tires are really loud. I would find that hard to believe from looking at the tread pattern but i have honestly no idea
#4 Old 12-05-2010, 01:20 PM
DartBoy01
Harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysim86 View Post
Oh right on...How do you find the noise from the tires. I have been reading reviews online about the falken 452's and some people say that the tires are really loud. I would find that hard to believe from looking at the tread pattern but i have honestly no idea
Haha I wish I could answer your question, but with the side exit exhaust on my truck, the least of my worries is tire noise. That and the radio (turned up a lot) is all I can hear.

1999 Dakota R/T
Interior fully Dynamatted, B&M Hammer Shifter, 2" DJM Coils, Sir Michaels Roll Pan & Handle Relocator, '69 Camaro chin spoiler, K&N FIPK, Spintech Headers and full side exit exhaust, Mopar Performance PCM, Viper E-fan w/ Painless performance temp controller, F&B 52mm T-body, Mopar M1 2BBL intake, 180* T-stat, Dual A-pillar pod w/ AEM Wideband, AEM trans temp gauge, stock smoked tails, Clear corners and headlights with Morimoto mini projectors 6K HID and 3k fogs 20" Boss 330 wheels, Cal-Tracs, SRT-4 Seats, Performance built transmission with 2500 stall, Hotchkis sway bars, Energy Suspension poly bushing set.

Awaiting install: Hotchkis leaf springs, C-notch, Viper front brakes, Innovations Pro Sport Tonneau.

SCT Tuned by Hemifever!

Hopefully in the future...
408, 4.10 gears, Edelbrock aluminum heads, Rear disc conversion, cowl or shaker hood and more as I think of them.

My Project
1972 Dart Swinger Special
and eventually a 1978 Dodge D-100 Adventurer standard cab short bed W/ a 440!

#5 Old 12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
rysim86

(Thread Starter)
Ya i guess it would be a tad bit hard to tell. But thanks anyways man for the info...much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.