TRX4 vs Power Wagon "4x4" Decal - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 11-05-2010, 04:02 PM
The Oregonian

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
TRX4 vs Power Wagon "4x4" Decal

Not sure I am crazy about the TRX4 decal - looks a bit cartoon-ish to me. I could leave it or take it off, obviously, but thinking about applying a decal from the power wagon...not one that says power wagon, but the "4x4 off-road" that is located on the power wagon in the same place the TRX4 decal is located on my truck - on the side of the bed to the rear of the car.

I have a black 2010 TRX...thoughts on how this would look instead? I would not put anything on that says Power Wagon as I don't want to represent something that the truck is not, but this is just a simple 4x4 decal with red accents and I thought it might look better.

Let me know your thoughts.

Note - neither of these is my truck, I just located them on the web so I don't have to host them.

Power Wagon 4x4 decal

Stock TRX decal

Tom
2010 Black TRX4 Crew Cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Ramasaur

PW looks much better, but my opinion is biased
#3 Old 11-05-2010, 06:01 PM
I KING RAM I

I agree i think the trx4 decal looks a bit cheesy aswell.. IMO PW looks better

2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Sport

Fully Loaded

Black Clear Coat, 8 Speed, 3.92, LSD

Mods
Front tint to match rears, Debadged, Gloss Black Powdercoated stock sport wheels, Roll-X tonneau cover, blacked out front and rear emblems.
#4 Old 11-05-2010, 06:09 PM
ITSARAM

Within an hour of buying my truck, I peeled the TRX-4 stickers off.
I didn't like the way they looked on the truck, but I must admit, they don't look bad on the beer fridge

09 Quad TRX4 HEMI
Detonator Yellow

Hot-rodicus supersonicus
#5 Old 11-05-2010, 07:14 PM
The Oregonian

(Thread Starter)
Now the question is what the part number is for the decals from the power wagon...anyone know?

Tom
2010 Black TRX4 Crew Cab
#6 Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 PM
soldierguy

When I pick up my '11 Outdoorsman on the 23rd of this month, one of the first things I will do to it is remove the cheezy outdoorsman stickers on the back. I'd do the same with the TRX4.

The Powerwagon sticker is much better, but I'm not convinced yet to put anything back there after removing the outdoorsman decal.

soldierguy

2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 5.7L Outdoorsman
2011 BMW F800GS
#7 Old 11-05-2010, 09:40 PM
The Oregonian

(Thread Starter)
What color are you getting? Interested to see the new ones.

Tom
2010 Black TRX4 Crew Cab
#8 Old 11-06-2010, 03:00 AM
-Arana-
-Arana-

i would say leave it off

2012 Express Hemi Ram
Flowmaster super44/Magnaflow Y pipe/Vararam Ram Air Intake/Belltech SP 2/4 drop/U-2 55 24s/5 inch Pypes black tips/1400 Pioneer DVD/Xtant 5Channel Amp/Kicker CVR 12/Pioneer 6x9s all around/ Viper Alarm 5704/Rear View Camera/Smoked Taillights/Smoked 3rd Brake light/LED Reverse and Cargo Lights/Debadged/Custom Texans Badges/LED bulbs everywhere/Switchbacks/Black housing headlights/Tint/Eyebrow Tint/Mr. Norms roof spoiler/

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Gone But not forgotten 2008 4.7 RAM
#9 Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 AM
soldierguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Oregonian View Post
What color are you getting? Interested to see the new ones.
Mine is silver. I think they look exactly the same as the TRX4, except for a cheezier (is that a word?) sticker on the back.

The outdoorsman is basically a shuffling of option packages. It takes a bunch of stuff that was optional on the TRX4 and makes it standard. So the base price of a 2011 outdoorsman is quite a bit higher than a base 2010 TRX4, but when they are optioned out the same, the 2011 comes out about $150-$200 more than the 2010, which is about typical for a year-to-year price increase. I'm good with the extra equipment though...I wanted all the extra stuff on it anyway. Nav, better stereo, backup camera (so I don't accidentally back over a Prius), bucket seats, factory spray-in liner, etc. Couldn't justify the extra cost of the diesel, so mine is a hemi.

soldierguy

2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 5.7L Outdoorsman
2011 BMW F800GS
#10 Old 11-06-2010, 10:39 PM
RedRam2010
Countryman

Go with the power wagon decals. They look great...

2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi - "Green" air filter, HBS 2.5" Leveling, Line-X Bedliner, 4 X KC Apollo 5" Lights, Cobra 29LX CB, Iron Bull front bumper, TOYO AT II Xtreme Tires, Fuel "Pump" rims.
FTC (SS/IDW) Countryman USN

#11 Old 11-06-2010, 10:57 PM
The Oregonian

(Thread Starter)
Not sure the PW sticker looks very good in red (see below) without the other red accents that are on the PW. I think it looks better in gray (also see below). Not sure I want anything there but just trying to figure out my options.

So my question is - is there a way to get a good version of the decal in gray to match the two tone paint?

I wonder if I could get the original in red and give it to a vinyl guy to replicate in a different color. Anyone know if that would work?

Note - many thanks to rye for the photoshop job.

Tom
2010 Black TRX4 Crew Cab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.