random warning chime:help: - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

hvacmatt

random warning chime:help: - Posted: 08-30-2010, 06:47 PM
DA SHIZNIT
City: Florissant
State: MO
Post #1

so over the weekend i was headed back from my property a random warning chime keeps going off randomly. no indicator lights and just goes off at times no idea. kinda confused just seeing if anyone has any ideas my Edge programmer checked for codes and none there
thanks guys
-Edge Programmer, -2.5 inch Leveling kit,3" Zone B.L., -custom led in dash and behind Grill., -Stock 20'' rims(33/12.50 R20 Toyo opencountry M/T), -custom Eyelids.. , -Dual exhaust with flowmaster 40 series, -kenwood compnts. and rockford fostgate (2) 10'' subs and 800 wat rockford fostgate amp., -15% tint all around and strip, -Home made POWER-WIRE, -A/C mod.(ice-cold),-8000k heads and fogs, Ebay Intake,-ToolBox (truck bed coated)

.-.-.--TOO COME-.-.-.-.-
-E-Fan and 180 stat
-Hella's behind Grill

2010 polaris sportman 550(mossyoak)
2008 Polaris Outlaw 525
2006 polaris predator 500(modded)SOLD
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

dmcelhannon

Posted: 08-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

When the truck was new I had a brake light that would flash and ding for a faction of second and then nothing. I had the dealer check the truck and they couldn’t find anything but it has never done it again.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years 65-Days and Counting! ~

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

MonsoonMike

Posted: 08-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Formally 07MegaCabRam
City: Chandler
State: AZ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

does it do it when you start it or right there after?
If so, look above and your overhead should tell ya..

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

FreeLantz

Posted: 08-30-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm Still Here
City: Meadows Place
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcelhannon View Post
When the truck was new I had a brake light that would flash and ding for a faction of second and then nothing. I had the dealer check the truck and they couldn’t find anything but it has never done it again.

You know, I had forgotten all about it, but my 2002 did that for a while too. Like yours mine stopped after a couple months of ownership.

The '07 has never done that. Only a "lamp out" now and then.

Retired DT Admin
Co-President, Texas Four Wheel Drive Organization Sugar Land Chapter

facebook.com/groups/TX4WDSL

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

hvacmatt

Posted: 08-30-2010, 08:27 PM
DA SHIZNIT
City: Florissant
State: MO
Post #5

no the chime just comes and goes i watch the guages everytime i start the darn thing. i drove it today with nothing drove it about an hour ago and went off 4 times.
-Edge Programmer, -2.5 inch Leveling kit,3" Zone B.L., -custom led in dash and behind Grill., -Stock 20'' rims(33/12.50 R20 Toyo opencountry M/T), -custom Eyelids.. , -Dual exhaust with flowmaster 40 series, -kenwood compnts. and rockford fostgate (2) 10'' subs and 800 wat rockford fostgate amp., -15% tint all around and strip, -Home made POWER-WIRE, -A/C mod.(ice-cold),-8000k heads and fogs, Ebay Intake,-ToolBox (truck bed coated)

.-.-.--TOO COME-.-.-.-.-
-E-Fan and 180 stat
-Hella's behind Grill

2010 polaris sportman 550(mossyoak)
2008 Polaris Outlaw 525
2006 polaris predator 500(modded)SOLD

stellatonotte

Posted: 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM
State: MD
Post #6

my ram isnt doing this but one of the trucks i drive for work does it. annoys the crap out of me because it will just do the 3 chimes with no lights or anything. sub'd to see what it could be

thanks to BMRbrnSNRbrd for the sig!
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Hemi Sport 4x4
Silver Truck Club Member #221

T-Bar Crank
Black Badges
K&N Intake
Black Shorty Antenna

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 08-31-2010, 08:41 AM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
City: Houston
Post #7

usually a tail light circut board

2003 1500 HEMI QC -Slammed and Sprayed,
2014 Ram 1500 Black on Black Edition HEMI! - The hauler
2013 Charger - The Toy
1995 Camaro - The Project

"Dont Spread my Wealth, Spread my Work Ethic!"

"Debt is normal, be WEIRD" - Dave Ramsey

~> HOW TO - TINTING TAILS <~

~>IMPORTANT LED Replacement Bulb Info For 02-06 rams<~

dmsween

Posted: 08-31-2010, 08:44 AM
City: Buffalo
State: NY
Post #8

I had mine chime on me. It was one of the lights out, didn't last long enough for the light on the dash to light up though.
SS Brush Guard
Whelen Dual Talon Dash Light & Whelen Liberty Light bar (All Blue)

SOLD -02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4

Summer Ride:
Suzuki M50

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 08-31-2010, 08:53 AM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
Post #9

my dad had the auto parts break the connector on his circut board and gave him a loose light and gave him a random dinging

2013 Charger - The Toy

lunacy

Posted: 08-31-2010, 08:55 AM
Post #10

My 05 would make a chime or chirp sometimes when I locked or unlocked the doors with the inside switch. I never could figure that one out either.

dmcelhannon

Posted: 08-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Moderator David Mack
City: McAllen
View This User's Gallery
Post #11

Oh man; if it did it all the time, I'd be pulling wires until it stopped or the truck was a 5800-pound paper weight.

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.

2002 Ram 1500 SLT 4x4 QC ~ 02 Ram 45RFE to Jeep GC TCM 5-45RFE Upgrade - (Nov.01) 4.7L with 85K/3142hrs, Knolton Thunder Cylinder Heads & HO Cams by Sawcut, 4.56 R&P/DTT, SRT-10 Pod w/Dynojet Wideband Commander, 2-speed manual transfer case, Clifford Security System w/Auto Start/Auto Windows, RB1 CD/DVD/NAV Infinity Sound System w/30GB iPod, Offroad Package, 33" BFG T/A KO, Mopar Rear Wheel Liners, EBC Greenstuff Roadsport Brake Pads, K&N w/Airaid Jr Modular Intake Tube, BBK 70mm Throttle Body, AIR_RAM Jet Stream Scoop, PML Diff Cover, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, MSD 1.65 Alt Pulley, V8 Lincoln E-Fan, FK-60 E-Fan Controller w/relay, 180 Jet T-Stat, Flowmaster SI/DO Exhaust, Tire-2-Tire Chrome Tuber Step, Line of Fire LED Light Bar, Sylvania Ultra Silverstars, $1600 Oil Pickup Tube

Texas 1845: We the People of the Republic of Texas, acknowledging,
with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.

~ Waiting to fix my Ram! ~ 2-Years 65-Days and Counting! ~

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 08-31-2010, 10:58 AM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
Post #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcelhannon View Post
Oh man; if it did it all the time, I'd be pulling wires until it stopped or the truck was a 5800-pound paper weight.

thats where my dad was, he pulled over and took the tail light off the truck and threw it in the back seat and the lamp out stayed solid till i got to him to look at it

2013 Charger - The Toy

Rammitall

Posted: 09-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Master Of The SNAFU
City: Hubbardston
State: MA
Post #13

I have a random ding also, but I figured out where it was coming from. Noticed it when I would drive down a bumpy road or hit a good bump. Quick ding, then nothing. No light on the dash. Then one day the lamp out light came on and went back out. I have aftermarket tail lights and it turned out to be a crappy socket on one of the brake lights. Fixed it but it still does it every now and again so.........I guess I really didn't fix it. But at least I know where it's coming from.
Fan of the Graphite Metallic Truck Club, Member #101
My truck has "extra stuff", not much of which makes it go faster.

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
Post #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitall View Post
I have a random ding also, but I figured out where it was coming from. Noticed it when I would drive down a bumpy road or hit a good bump. Quick ding, then nothing. No light on the dash. Then one day the lamp out light came on and went back out. I have aftermarket tail lights and it turned out to be a crappy socket on one of the brake lights. Fixed it but it still does it every now and again so.........I guess I really didn't fix it. But at least I know where it's coming from.
on one set of aftermarket tails i had corrosion on the connector that i had to literally scrape off before i fixed it

2013 Charger - The Toy

Closed Thread