Brake line fitting sizes? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk > Dodge Caravan General Talk

Closed Thread

mowerman1193

Brake line fitting sizes? - Posted: 08-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Post #1

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan. I am going to be replacing some corroded brake lines soon. Not broke yet but it don't look like it would make it through the upcoming winter.

I hope to bend up and make my lines Before I unhook my old lines. So does anyone here know what size fitting goes into the Anti-Lock brake box that would be located on the drivers side front floorboard section? I know from doing a search here that this would be a bubble flare. Been told most likely metric threads. It is a metric hex head as my ase line wrench's do not fit it as 9/16" to big and 1/2" to small. Time for some new metric tools, LOL

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

mowerman1193
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MAP79Z28

Posted: 10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
State: NY
Post #2

I had to do this in Feb - one line was leaking but not broken. Feb in NY is not warm, plus I had to do the repair outside. I opted for getting the already bent front to back brake lines, which are only available from the dealer. Two words - not cheap. And yes, the fittings are different, they do that so that you do not mix up the ABS for the right or left side. Which could be diastrous if you mix them up. If I were doing this in fair weather, I would definitely bend them myself. And yes, you need metric flare nut wrenches. Good luck.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread