Strange vibrations when in reverse. - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Crabtree

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Strange vibrations when in reverse.

I have an 05 QC 4X4 Hemi. I noticed that when I back into the driveway (which has a slight incline) there is a strange vibration which feels like it is coming from the rear end. It could be coming from anywhere but thats where it seems to be coming from. Also here and there I get the same thing going forward at a slow speed, like turning from a stop sign etc....It isnt nearly as bad as when it is in reverse though. Any thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg July R&R. Best time in the world (66).JPG (175.5 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2010, 07:10 AM
searcher

Take a look at the u-joints in the drive shaft

Matt
#3 Old 08-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Rich 2500

Does it do it hot and cold or only hot? Does it do it when backing straight up or do you have to be turning?

Elec. Blue 07 2500 Thunderoad QC Hemi 4X4

BTC #181

Mopar Cai, Mopar SS Nerf Bars, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Wheel Well Liners, EGR In Channel Window Vents, Tinted Windows 30%, Hella 500's behind the grill, Gibson Dual Sport Catback Exhaust, Magna Flow "Y" Pipe, Jet Stream Scoop, Power Wire, LineX Bedliner, Flexalite 180 Efan (shrouldless), Jet 180 Thermostat, Edge Evolution (used as monitor) DiabloSport Predator, Solid Steel Industries-Steering Stabilizer, Carli Starter Suspension System, Carli Adj. Track Bar, Toyo 35/12.50/17 MT on Stock Wheels, Carli Anti Sway Bar, Xeon Fogs 6000K

#4 Old 08-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Crabtree

(Thread Starter)
It does it cold and hot. I have never crawled under her and physicaly crawled under her and physicaly handled the drive shaft. I will be getting back from Iraq and will do that. Also, I can really get into the gas and never had a problem or felt anything out of place. Only at slow speeds, sometimes while turning, sometimes not, but mostly when backing into the driveway. Almost like it looses traction but I know that its not that.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.