How to remove RAM emblem from tailgate - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - Interior/Exterior Talk

Closed Thread

4U2NV

How to remove RAM emblem from tailgate - Posted: 07-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Gangum Style
City: Victoria
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

I want to remove the rear ram emblem to paint it black as i did with the front ram emblem. My 1st thought it to remove the panel inside the tailgate and acess it there. Problem is the bed was lined by the dealer and now the bolts are covered as well as the panel is some what sealed. I don't mind breaking the seal provided i can access and remove the ram emblem this way. My 2nd thought is to mask off the tailgate area and shoot it still on the tailgate.
Any advice would be appricated.
Advertisement

harvickman29

Posted: 07-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Post #2

I thought they were clued on . I guess I'm wrong but if they were I have always heard to take a piece of fishing line and run it behind it to remove them
2010 1500 Crew Cab Big Horn Inferno Red (again) Nav System. 3.92 , Premium one spray in bedliner, windows tinted to match factory tint, Flowmaster 50 series. 2" leveling kit with 295 x 60 x 20 Nitto Terra Grapplers wrapped around 20" Gear Alloy Recoils.

2006 POWER WAGON INFERNO RED QC
Power Wagon Owner's Club #75
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

locogk

Posted: 07-10-2010, 04:49 PM
locogk
City: macon georgia
State: GA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

I Don't Think Those Are Glued On

Truck and towing member #21

4 th gen truck club # 52 red truck club # 249

A yankee in rebel land but love the weather

MINE

2013 1500 crew cab hemi laramie flame red/silver with the goodies,bed mat tailgate cover
ram hitch cover, bed mat,step bars, in channel vent visors,window tint
chrome tailgate handle cover avs smoked bug shield factory brake controller a.r.e. cap, air lift 1000 air bags floor storage locks factory tow mirrors with chrome caps storage bin locks dash mat

hers

2013 dodge journey silver , dash mat window tinting
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

darkside

Posted: 07-10-2010, 07:17 PM
City: arkansas
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

Get some strong fishing line and slowley work behind the badge,it will cut threw the two sided tape.there is a plastic piece that goes through the tailgate in the middle of the badge that will pop off or out after the tape is cut in half. i painted mine to match the truck and it looks great.

waynebyrom

Posted: 07-10-2010, 08:06 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

I did it last week. Just take the fishing line and floss it to about the middle. There is one center tab that goes into the bed and two on the bottom of the badge that helps line it up when they put it on. All I did was to get a flat head screw driver and once it was worked over with the flossing, I just put the flathead behind it but not touching the paint and I used my hand to make sure it wouldnt touch the paint and pulled out with the screwdriver and it came right off. But then you have to remove all the thick tape then use some acetone to finish off the removal of the tape then either buy some 3m super tacky tape or buy a new one for 26 dollars at the dealership.

4U2NV

Posted: 07-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Gangum Style
City: Victoria
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Cool, thanks.. done the fishing line "mod" before..