Rear End Chatter - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - Drivetrain Talk

Closed Thread

mopar fan

Rear End Chatter - Posted: 09-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Retired DT Admin
City: Milan
State: PA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

Ok guys help me out here. I just got back from vacation and I noticed every time I did a hard right or left turn at low speed I have a chatter or grabing feeling in the rear end. I have the posi rear end if that helps.

Proud Member of the Original WCPW Club
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them.

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

slammed1

Posted: 09-11-2004, 07:05 PM
City: FORT SMITH
State: AR
Post #2

you need to go to the dealership and get some of their posi-additive,i know the dealership isnt what you wanted to hear but their's is good for what you need.get two small bottles and add to the differential,go out and do a few figure 8's in a parking lot and let it work it self in.should be gone in a few days.the clutches should be much quieter after the additive,i use the stuff myself and i'm due for some more already.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

mopar fan

Posted: 09-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Retired DT Admin
City: Milan
State: PA
Post #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed1
you need to go to the dealership and get some of their posi-additive,i know the dealership isnt what you wanted to hear but their's is good for what you need.get two small bottles and add to the differential,go out and do a few figure 8's in a parking lot and let it work it self in.should be gone in a few days.the clutches should be much quieter after the additive,i use the stuff myself and i'm due for some more already.
Thanks slammed1, but I only have 9000 miles on my truck since they replaced the rear end fluids. Do you think I need it done again already?

Proud Member of the Original WCPW Club
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them.

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

slammed1

Posted: 09-11-2004, 08:40 PM
City: FORT SMITH
State: AR
Post #4

if the tech or lube guy didnt add the additive,also even new trucks need some additive off the transports.Working at the dealer I couldnt tell you how many complaints we addressed for the noise in rear end while turning and all were solved with the additive.I hope the tech that did your fluid change realized it was a trac-loc and added the fluid,it would be wise to go ahead and add a bottle just for good measure.

jeepguy_1980

Posted: 09-12-2004, 12:31 AM
Unregistered User
City: Newport News, VA
State: VA
Post #5

I have the exact same feeling in my rear end. In fact I posted my concerns yesterday but I didn't receive a respone.

2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab Deep Cherry Red
MOPAR Bedrug, RetraxPro Tonneau
OEM Backup Camera Install
Husky X-ACT Contour Floor Mats

GOT RAM

Posted: 09-12-2004, 06:40 AM
City: Eagle River, Alaska
State: AK
Post #6

LOL paying it off, I'm 20k away! hell yeah i'm drunk as a MO-FO but i'd make sure you'r lube tech serviced it w/ the right weight for your rear end or check u-bolt tightness.

gsbrockman

Posted: 09-12-2004, 09:09 AM
City: Sand Gap
State: KY
View This User's Gallery
Post #7

Sounds as if your anti-spin differential is working just as it should. You may want to find a vacant parking lot and do several low-speed figure eights and see if that helps any........but I would not worry.
Greg
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 385 hp 850 torque, Tradesman in New Holland Blue, Protection Group, Popular Equipment Group, 220A Alternator, AISIN 6 speed auto, Chrome Tubular Side Steps, Single Disc CD, LT235/80R17 General AmeriTrac TR OWL tires, Trailer Brake Control, 3.73 axle ratio, Anti-Spin Rear Differential, SIRIUS satellite radio.

Past CTD's : 1998 Dodge RAM 2500 Flame Red Sport Regular Cab 4x4 12V w/NV4500; 2000 Dodge RAM 2500 Flame Red Sport Quad Cab 4x4 24V w/47RE; 2003 Dodge RAM 2500 Bright White Sport Crew Cab 4x4 HPCR 24V w/NV5600.....Casper may be gone, but never forgotten.....2007.5 Dodge RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW 4x4 Electric Blue Pearl Coat Laramie 6.7L HPCR w/68RFE and 3.73's.

mikemike

Posted: 09-13-2004, 03:22 PM
Post #8

I had the same problem. 03 QC Hemi 4X4 w/LSD. They added the additive and haven't had a problem since. I am however on my 4 set of front rotors. Only 32,000 miles on truck.

milo55

Posted: 09-13-2004, 07:09 PM
SRT-10, Regular Cab
City: Rockport
State: MA
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

Al, That happened to my 2000, Ram after I towed my boat back from FLA. The dealer told me after the fluid change that I needed cluches in the rear end? They did it under warranty and I never had the problem again.

RB4 Nav. system with a NEO direct connect for IPOD
Retrax, roll up bed cover, custom made to allow for my spolier
Magnaflow S.S. catback

To Come: K&N C.A.I.
Custom made shifter
Custom lowering kit 1 front 2 rear

coin holders association member # 41 s.n.a.t.c.h. emt driver

PROUD MEMBER OF WCPW
Closed Thread