Rear End Chatter - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 09-11-2004, 06:52 PM
mopar fan
Retired DT Admin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rear End Chatter

Ok guys help me out here. I just got back from vacation and I noticed every time I did a hard right or left turn at low speed I have a chatter or grabing feeling in the rear end. I have the posi rear end if that helps.

Name's AL

Proud Member of the Original WCPW Club
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them.

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-11-2004, 07:05 PM
slammed1

you need to go to the dealership and get some of their posi-additive,i know the dealership isnt what you wanted to hear but their's is good for what you need.get two small bottles and add to the differential,go out and do a few figure 8's in a parking lot and let it work it self in.should be gone in a few days.the clutches should be much quieter after the additive,i use the stuff myself and i'm due for some more already.
#3 Old 09-11-2004, 08:04 PM
mopar fan
Retired DT Admin

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed1
you need to go to the dealership and get some of their posi-additive,i know the dealership isnt what you wanted to hear but their's is good for what you need.get two small bottles and add to the differential,go out and do a few figure 8's in a parking lot and let it work it self in.should be gone in a few days.the clutches should be much quieter after the additive,i use the stuff myself and i'm due for some more already.
Thanks slammed1, but I only have 9000 miles on my truck since they replaced the rear end fluids. Do you think I need it done again already?

Name's AL

Proud Member of the Original WCPW Club
If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE feel free to stand in front of them.

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

#4 Old 09-11-2004, 08:40 PM
slammed1

if the tech or lube guy didnt add the additive,also even new trucks need some additive off the transports.Working at the dealer I couldnt tell you how many complaints we addressed for the noise in rear end while turning and all were solved with the additive.I hope the tech that did your fluid change realized it was a trac-loc and added the fluid,it would be wise to go ahead and add a bottle just for good measure.
#5 Old 09-12-2004, 12:31 AM
jeepguy_1980
Unregistered User

I have the exact same feeling in my rear end. In fact I posted my concerns yesterday but I didn't receive a respone.

2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab Deep Cherry Red
MOPAR Bedrug, RetraxPro Tonneau
OEM Backup Camera Install
Husky X-ACT Contour Floor Mats

#6 Old 09-12-2004, 06:40 AM
GOT RAM

LOL paying it off, I'm 20k away! hell yeah i'm drunk as a MO-FO but i'd make sure you'r lube tech serviced it w/ the right weight for your rear end or check u-bolt tightness.
#7 Old 09-12-2004, 09:09 AM
gsbrockman

Sounds as if your anti-spin differential is working just as it should. You may want to find a vacant parking lot and do several low-speed figure eights and see if that helps any........but I would not worry.
Greg

2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel 385 hp 850 torque, Tradesman in New Holland Blue, Protection Group, Popular Equipment Group, 220A Alternator, AISIN 6 speed auto, Chrome Tubular Side Steps, Single Disc CD, LT235/80R17 General AmeriTrac TR OWL tires, Trailer Brake Control, 3.73 axle ratio, Anti-Spin Rear Differential, SIRIUS satellite radio.

Past CTD's : 1998 Dodge RAM 2500 Flame Red Sport Regular Cab 4x4 12V w/NV4500; 2000 Dodge RAM 2500 Flame Red Sport Quad Cab 4x4 24V w/47RE; 2003 Dodge RAM 2500 Bright White Sport Crew Cab 4x4 HPCR 24V w/NV5600.....Casper may be gone, but never forgotten.....2007.5 Dodge RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW 4x4 Electric Blue Pearl Coat Laramie 6.7L HPCR w/68RFE and 3.73's.
#8 Old 09-13-2004, 03:22 PM
mikemike

I had the same problem. 03 QC Hemi 4X4 w/LSD. They added the additive and haven't had a problem since. I am however on my 4 set of front rotors. Only 32,000 miles on truck.
#9 Old 09-13-2004, 07:09 PM
milo55
SRT-10, Regular Cab

Al, That happened to my 2000, Ram after I towed my boat back from FLA. The dealer told me after the fluid change that I needed cluches in the rear end? They did it under warranty and I never had the problem again.

2004 Ram SRT-10
Built 4/13/04, a Tuesday, # 1658 of 3057

RB4 Nav. system with a NEO direct connect for IPOD
Retrax, roll up bed cover, custom made to allow for my spolier
Magnaflow S.S. catback

To Come: K&N C.A.I.
Custom made shifter
Custom lowering kit 1 front 2 rear

coin holders association member # 41 s.n.a.t.c.h. emt driver

PROUD MEMBER OF WCPW
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.