TCM module location? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Dakota 3rd Gen (05 - 11) Forums > 3G Dodge Dakota General Talk

Closed Thread

JoesDodgeTruck

TCM module location? - Posted: 06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
"Joe the Bummer"
City: Greer, SC
State: SC
Post #1

Well a week after the dealer the delay shifting is back, but only on wet humid days and it is definately an electrical issue.

I would like to know where the Transmission Control Module is located. Is it under the dash or part of the ECM module under the hood. Also would like to see a wiring diagram of the wires that come from module to the transmission. Unfortunately I don't have access to AllData to find out, wish I did.

Mine's: 2007 Dodge Dakota 4x2 Club Cab ST 3.7L V6, Auto, Electric Blue Pearlcoat, no mods yet.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

HemiDak

Posted: 06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
New name, same taste!
City: Grand Rapids
State: MI
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

It is integrated in the PCM in the engine bay.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

JoesDodgeTruck

Posted: 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
"Joe the Bummer"
Post #3

Hmm Looks like i'll have to apply some dielectric grease on the pcm connectors, but before I do that I need to find a picture diagram where the wiring harnesses (BUS's) lead from the computer to the transmission and various areas in the vehicle so that I can locate any other problems liked stripped wire coating or moisture buildup.

Anyone who has a picture diagram of the wiring harnesses, especially the ones that go to the transmission, would be helpful. P.M. me if you have one.

Mine's: 2007 Dodge Dakota 4x2 Club Cab ST 3.7L V6, Auto, Electric Blue Pearlcoat, no mods yet.

06Dakff

Posted: 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM
City: Jersey
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

I don't know if it can be found here, but this Dodge Build site is a wealth of information. Just click on the year, then Dakota, and so on. Check the menu's on the left, a lot of wiring information is available. Hope this helps.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf

JoesDodgeTruck

Posted: 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM
"Joe the Bummer"
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Dakff View Post
I don't know if it can be found here, but this Dodge Build site is a wealth of information. Just click on the year, then Dakota, and so on. Check the menu's on the left, a lot of wiring information is available. Hope this helps.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf

While that is pretty nice when it comes to looking for wires, i'm actually looking for a diagram that shows the cab of the vehicle (or a close up of a certain section) that shows the wiring harness as a whole going from PCM to various spots on the transmission. I'm just looking for the locations of where the harness goes so that I can see if there's any problem areas nearby or on the harness.

Closed Thread