TCM module location? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 06-17-2010, 03:38 PM
JoesDodgeTruck
"Joe the Bummer"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
TCM module location?

Well a week after the dealer the delay shifting is back, but only on wet humid days and it is definately an electrical issue.

I would like to know where the Transmission Control Module is located. Is it under the dash or part of the ECM module under the hood. Also would like to see a wiring diagram of the wires that come from module to the transmission. Unfortunately I don't have access to AllData to find out, wish I did.

Mine's: 2007 Dodge Dakota 4x2 Club Cab ST 3.7L V6, Auto, Electric Blue Pearlcoat, no mods yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-17-2010, 04:59 PM
HemiDak
New name, same taste!

It is integrated in the PCM in the engine bay.
#3 Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
JoesDodgeTruck
"Joe the Bummer"

(Thread Starter)
Hmm Looks like i'll have to apply some dielectric grease on the pcm connectors, but before I do that I need to find a picture diagram where the wiring harnesses (BUS's) lead from the computer to the transmission and various areas in the vehicle so that I can locate any other problems liked stripped wire coating or moisture buildup.

Anyone who has a picture diagram of the wiring harnesses, especially the ones that go to the transmission, would be helpful. P.M. me if you have one.

Mine's: 2007 Dodge Dakota 4x2 Club Cab ST 3.7L V6, Auto, Electric Blue Pearlcoat, no mods yet.
#4 Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM
06Dakff

I don't know if it can be found here, but this Dodge Build site is a wealth of information. Just click on the year, then Dakota, and so on. Check the menu's on the left, a lot of wiring information is available. Hope this helps.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf

#5 Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM
JoesDodgeTruck
"Joe the Bummer"

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06Dakff View Post
I don't know if it can be found here, but this Dodge Build site is a wealth of information. Just click on the year, then Dakota, and so on. Check the menu's on the left, a lot of wiring information is available. Hope this helps.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/year.pdf

While that is pretty nice when it comes to looking for wires, i'm actually looking for a diagram that shows the cab of the vehicle (or a close up of a certain section) that shows the wiring harness as a whole going from PCM to various spots on the transmission. I'm just looking for the locations of where the harness goes so that I can see if there's any problem areas nearby or on the harness.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.