How To Reset Check Engine Light - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

bigdbentley

How To Reset Check Engine Light - Posted: 06-09-2010, 07:15 PM
City: EDMONTON
State: AB
Post #1

wondering if anyone knows how to reset the check engine light on 2009 dodge ram. I was at the drive in, watched 2 movies, started it up and all warning lights came on ( electrical, coolant and check engine light also temp guage did not work) Drove home and restarted vehicle after driving for a bit to create a charge again. everything works fine now except that the check engine light is on now.
I have checked all forums for dodge ram and no one has posted how to reset this on a 2009 ram. So hopefully you can help me and others in the future
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

MGRAM-10

Posted: 06-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Don't forget your towel
City: Edmonton
Post #2

with a superchips programmer or one similiar, or try unhooking the battery for awhile. but first as its a new truck i would take it to the dealer for them to look at
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

bigdbentley

Posted: 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM
City: EDMONTON
Post #3

yes, it is booked in for tomorrow for recalls and service bulletins. but i would like to reset and know for future issues as well as reading codes, wondering if they are displayed in odometer section if key is turned on and off for certain amount of times. Like my dakota did as well as my commander
2009 DODGE RAM 1500 4X4 SLT CREW CAB, VENT VISORS, MOPAR HARD FOLD UP TONNEAU COVER, LIMO TINTED WINDOWS, SPRAY IN BOX LINER, DEBADGED. CROME BADGES LOCATED IN BOX AND SPRAYED OVER WITH BOX LINER. AIR HORN, 20" BLACK WITH CHROME GIO WHEELS.SILVERSTAR HEADLIGHT BULBS

BigBlueEdge

Posted: 06-09-2010, 10:01 PM
State: MN
Post #4

If you're bringing it to the dealer you may want to leave the code set so they can read it. If you clear it they might not be able to find anything.

Rob

1982_Ironhead

Posted: 06-10-2010, 02:32 PM
City: Philly
State: PA
Post #5

^
x2

Luck881

Posted: 08-29-2010, 12:49 AM
City: Pembroke, Ontario
State: ON
Post #6

I just had the same issue after leaving a drive in as well... only it was the svc 4wd light and cel for me. Svc 4WD went out after i pulled over and restarted, but the CEL is still on. What did your issue turn out to be? And do we have a key trick like my 05 TJ and 01 Intrepid have?
Closed Thread