Disable auto doorlock feature? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

MtnMan1

Disable auto doorlock feature? - Posted: 09-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Post #1

The only thing I can't stand about my '01 Ram 2500 CTD HO (6 spd manual) is the way the truck automatically locks the doors at 15mph and does not unlock them when I turn the truck off. Every single time I try to open the passenger door from the outside, it's locked and I have to walk around the truck to unlock the door from the other side - pisses me off!

Does anyone know how to disable the auto lock feature?

Is my truck supposed to be unlocking the doors when turned off or is this just a bad design.

Thanks for any help.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AllThingsEnd

Posted: 09-08-2004, 11:56 AM
Da Rangho
City: New Milford
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

it should be in your manual. i turn off my autolock feature in my durango. i think its, when you get in your car hit the door lock button then turn the key in the ignition to on then off then on then off then on and youll hear a chime to let you know its been disabled

Current Mods:

Exterior: Diamond Clear Headlights & Corner Lights (w/ chrome bulbs) || Silverstar Bulbs || Altezza Taillights || Laser Flamed 15" Stubbie Antenna || Tinted front windows || Ventvisors
Interior: Blue interior lights || Carputer with 8in LCD Touchscreen || Pioneer 880prs Head Unit || MBQuart comps
Performance: Hawk HPS Brake Pads || Intense Performance Stage II 9" Big Mouth Intake || Superchips 3715 || Flowmaster 40 Series with Chrome Tip || NGK 2262
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

MtnMan1

Posted: 09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Post #3

Thanks for the info. I just found another procedure on another forum as well. I didn't even check the owners manual as they have never had any useful info on any cars I've had in the past. My bad.

AllThingsEnd

Posted: 09-08-2004, 12:25 PM
Da Rangho
City: New Milford
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

yea, i know what you mean. i never read any of the manuals. but i read this one because i got stuck in traffic one day and the radio sucked and i left my cds at my place so i was bored out of my mind.

Current Mods:

Exterior: Diamond Clear Headlights & Corner Lights (w/ chrome bulbs) || Silverstar Bulbs || Altezza Taillights || Laser Flamed 15" Stubbie Antenna || Tinted front windows || Ventvisors
Interior: Blue interior lights || Carputer with 8in LCD Touchscreen || Pioneer 880prs Head Unit || MBQuart comps
Performance: Hawk HPS Brake Pads || Intense Performance Stage II 9" Big Mouth Intake || Superchips 3715 || Flowmaster 40 Series with Chrome Tip || NGK 2262
Closed Thread