Installing Rear Lift Blocks?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 06-08-2010, 04:50 PM
jmhemi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Installing Rear Lift Blocks??

I just did my front leveling kit on my 2008 ram 1500 and it sat a bit higher than i wanted so i picked up some 2 inch rear blocks and new u bolts. Im just curious as to how tight i wanna torque the U bolts. A mechanic told me to tighten them evenly as tight as they will go with an impack and give a couple tugs with the wrench because there should be no play in them at all, is this correct? also do i have to unbolt the shocks and take the wheels off or can i just do it with everything together and im asuming i should do one side at a time? Any help would be awsome!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM
LJM9000

When I installed my blocks the instructions said to torque them to 100 - 120ft/lbs
#3 Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
jmhemi

(Thread Starter)
Did you remove the wheels do put them in?
#4 Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
jakenbake13

I did, I jacked it up with the pumpkin, and put the frame on stands, and then lowered the axle with the jack

2006 QC 1500 5.7 4x4
Motor: Bassani catback si/so, Diablosport predator, Custom CAI 3" with K&N drop in, pacesetter longtubes (ceramic), Pacesetter Y pipe, magnaflow cats
Exterior: Zone 3" body lift, Westin ss oval tube steps, Rock lights, Duplicolor bed armor bedliner
Suspension: Rough Country 2.5 level,Napa reflex struts
Tires and Wheels: Mickey Thompson baja ATZ's 35x12.50r20, 1.25" wheel adapters front and back
Interior: Sony cd player, 2 sony x plod 12, Profile ap 2000 amp, Weathertech Digitals
#5 Old 06-09-2010, 11:15 PM
LJM9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenbake13 View Post
I did, I jacked it up with the pumpkin, and put the frame on stands, and then lowered the axle with the jack
I did the same thing. One thing I wish I would have done is had a friend there to help align the blocks, would have made it much easier.
#6 Old 06-11-2010, 05:30 PM
montpelier

Be sure to post some pics when your done im getting mine leveled and putting blocks in the rear just cant decide if i want 1 or 2 inch blocks.
#7 Old 06-11-2010, 07:50 PM
jmhemi

(Thread Starter)
Is it fairly difficult to get the notch or pin and the hole on the other side ligned up or nothing to crazy?

Thanks for the help, and ill make sure I take pics!
#8 Old 06-11-2010, 08:50 PM
GeorgiaRam
WDE

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Not extremely hard, but sometimes it is a pain when you are trying to push the axle back and forth to align it while lifting it up in position. With two people it should be very easy, but can be done by yourself.

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Larime AWD

Air Ram PowerWire / Air Ram Jet Stream Scoop / 180* T-Stat / Superchips 3865 / K&N Cold Air Intake / True Duals / (2) 12 in Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers / Flowtech X Pipe / Dumped with Turndowns Before The Axle / 6" Fabtech Lift / 35" Cooper Discoverer STT's / 17" Procomp 7031 Wheels / Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares / Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars / Line X / (2) Hella 500's / Foglight Jumper Mod / Oil and Tranny Pan Heater / Moog Upper & Lower Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends / Panasonic CQVD7003U DVD Flipout Headunit / Fox Box / Rockford Fosgate P3 Subwoofer / Rockford Fosgate P325.1 Amp (For Sub) / (2) JL CR250 Speakers (Front Doors) / (2) JL TR600-CXI Speakers (Rear Doors) / (2) JL C2-350X Speakers (Dash) / Pioneer GM-5500T Amp (For Speakers) / Remote Start with Security / Stubby Antenna / Bully Billet Black Locking Fuel Door / MRK Group Interior Parts / Tinted Windows / Tow Mirrors / UWS Black Powder Coated ToolBox / Recon Smoked Cab Lights / Black Clear Corner Headlights / Tinted Tails and 3rd Brakelight / Badges, Bumpers, and Larime Grill Painted Black

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 on 37" Procomp Extreme MT's SOLD
#9 Old 06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
RubberFrog
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhemi View Post
I just did my front leveling kit on my 2008 ram 1500 and it sat a bit higher than i wanted so i picked up some 2 inch rear blocks and new u bolts. Im just curious as to how tight i wanna torque the U bolts. A mechanic told me to tighten them evenly as tight as they will go with an impack and give a couple tugs with the wrench because there should be no play in them at all, is this correct? also do i have to unbolt the shocks and take the wheels off or can i just do it with everything together and im asuming i should do one side at a time? Any help would be awsome!

Thanks!
Your mechanic must be a complete retard if he told you that!

'07 QCSB, Flame Red 5.7 4x4 SLT
Performance:
Internal: Custom Cam, 180 T-Stat - Intake: Ported Throttle Body, K&N Filter - Exhaust: Edelbrock Shorties, Magnaflow Y Pipe, Raceland Cutout, Dumped Gibson Catback
Tuning & Monitoring: SuperChimps, Aeroforce Interceptor w/ afr
Suspension & Tires:
Lift: 6" Suspension, 3" Body Lift - Wheels: Custom Painted BMF S.O.T.A.s, 37" Trail Grapplers, Mopar Wheel Well Liners
Appearance:
Bed: Leer 100XQ Shell, Line-x XTRA, Defender Roof Rack - Other: SRT Hood, Bushwacker Pocket Flares,Tow Mirrors, Nerf Bars, 2500 Tow Hooks, Shorty Antenna, Tactical Grill
AV:
Tunes: Kenwood DDX512, Infinity Reference Speakers, Kicker 10" Sub, Kicker 400.1 Amp, FoxBox - Video: 10.4" TFT-LCD Flip-down Overhead Monitor, R Cam, Chuck Norris Kicked My Ass
Lighting:
Led Tails, Smoked Cab Lights, 4x VisionX 180w, Hella 500's

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.