Installing Rear Lift Blocks?? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - 4X4 Talk

Closed Thread

jmhemi

Installing Rear Lift Blocks?? - Posted: 06-08-2010, 03:50 PM
State: SK
Post #1

I just did my front leveling kit on my 2008 ram 1500 and it sat a bit higher than i wanted so i picked up some 2 inch rear blocks and new u bolts. Im just curious as to how tight i wanna torque the U bolts. A mechanic told me to tighten them evenly as tight as they will go with an impack and give a couple tugs with the wrench because there should be no play in them at all, is this correct? also do i have to unbolt the shocks and take the wheels off or can i just do it with everything together and im asuming i should do one side at a time? Any help would be awsome!

Thanks!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LJM9000

Posted: 06-08-2010, 05:01 PM
City: Bloomington
State: IL
Post #2

When I installed my blocks the instructions said to torque them to 100 - 120ft/lbs
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

jmhemi

Posted: 06-09-2010, 05:08 PM
Post #3

Did you remove the wheels do put them in?

jakenbake13

Posted: 06-09-2010, 09:59 PM
State: OH
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

I did, I jacked it up with the pumpkin, and put the frame on stands, and then lowered the axle with the jack
Suspension: Rough Country 2.5 level,Napa reflex struts
Tires and Wheels: Mickey Thompson baja ATZ's 35x12.50r20, 1.25" wheel adapters front and back
Interior: Sony cd player, 2 sony x plod 12, Profile ap 2000 amp, Weathertech Digitals

LJM9000

Posted: 06-09-2010, 10:15 PM
City: Bloomington
State: IL
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakenbake13 View Post
I did, I jacked it up with the pumpkin, and put the frame on stands, and then lowered the axle with the jack
I did the same thing. One thing I wish I would have done is had a friend there to help align the blocks, would have made it much easier.

montpelier

Posted: 06-11-2010, 04:30 PM
State: AZ
Post #6

Be sure to post some pics when your done im getting mine leveled and putting blocks in the rear just cant decide if i want 1 or 2 inch blocks.

jmhemi

Posted: 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM
Post #7

Is it fairly difficult to get the notch or pin and the hole on the other side ligned up or nothing to crazy?

Thanks for the help, and ill make sure I take pics!

GeorgiaRam

Posted: 06-11-2010, 07:50 PM
WDE
City: Hahira
State: GA
Post #8

Not extremely hard, but sometimes it is a pain when you are trying to push the axle back and forth to align it while lifting it up in position. With two people it should be very easy, but can be done by yourself.

2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi Larime AWD

Air Ram PowerWire / Air Ram Jet Stream Scoop / 180* T-Stat / Superchips 3865 / K&N Cold Air Intake / True Duals / (2) 12 in Dynomax Race Bullet Mufflers / Flowtech X Pipe / Dumped with Turndowns Before The Axle / 6" Fabtech Lift / 35" Cooper Discoverer STT's / 17" Procomp 7031 Wheels / Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares / Rhino Dominator II Nerf Bars / Line X / (2) Hella 500's / Foglight Jumper Mod / Oil and Tranny Pan Heater / Moog Upper & Lower Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends / Panasonic CQVD7003U DVD Flipout Headunit / Fox Box / Rockford Fosgate P3 Subwoofer / Rockford Fosgate P325.1 Amp (For Sub) / (2) JL CR250 Speakers (Front Doors) / (2) JL TR600-CXI Speakers (Rear Doors) / (2) JL C2-350X Speakers (Dash) / Pioneer GM-5500T Amp (For Speakers) / Remote Start with Security / Stubby Antenna / Bully Billet Black Locking Fuel Door / MRK Group Interior Parts / Tinted Windows / Tow Mirrors / UWS Black Powder Coated ToolBox / Recon Smoked Cab Lights / Black Clear Corner Headlights / Tinted Tails and 3rd Brakelight / Badges, Bumpers, and Larime Grill Painted Black

1998 Dodge Ram 1500 on 37" Procomp Extreme MT's SOLD

RubberFrog

Posted: 06-11-2010, 08:05 PM
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
City: Vienna
State: VA
Post #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmhemi View Post
I just did my front leveling kit on my 2008 ram 1500 and it sat a bit higher than i wanted so i picked up some 2 inch rear blocks and new u bolts. Im just curious as to how tight i wanna torque the U bolts. A mechanic told me to tighten them evenly as tight as they will go with an impack and give a couple tugs with the wrench because there should be no play in them at all, is this correct? also do i have to unbolt the shocks and take the wheels off or can i just do it with everything together and im asuming i should do one side at a time? Any help would be awsome!

Thanks!
Your mechanic must be a complete retard if he told you that!
Tuning & Monitoring: SuperChimps, Aeroforce Interceptor w/ afr
Suspension & Tires:
Lift: 6" Suspension, 3" Body Lift - Wheels: Custom Painted BMF S.O.T.A.s, 37" Trail Grapplers, Mopar Wheel Well Liners
Appearance:
Bed: Leer 100XQ Shell, Line-x XTRA, Defender Roof Rack - Other: SRT Hood, Bushwacker Pocket Flares,Tow Mirrors, Nerf Bars, 2500 Tow Hooks, Shorty Antenna, Tactical Grill
AV:
Tunes: Kenwood DDX512, Infinity Reference Speakers, Kicker 10" Sub, Kicker 400.1 Amp, FoxBox - Video: 10.4" TFT-LCD Flip-down Overhead Monitor, R Cam, Chuck Norris Kicked My Ass
Lighting:
Led Tails, Smoked Cab Lights, 4x VisionX 180w, Hella 500's

Closed Thread