Remove pass airbag cover to remove dash... Help ASAP - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

20inchDurango

Remove pass airbag cover to remove dash... Help ASAP - Posted: 03-19-2010, 05:31 AM
State: GA
Post #1

So I'm trying to repair the leather on my dash. I've removed the A-pillar molding on each side, the air vent molding, and have the entire top dash panel ready to come out... Except there is 1 or 2 screws holding it in above the passenger airbag. Yep. The dash panels that needed to be removed are out, but I cannot figure out how to remove the airbag door/cover to remove the last screw or two.

I've disconnected the airbag after removing the radio, and the truck battery disconnected.

How do I remove the air bag cover to get to the screw(s) I seek!

Thanks all!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Durangoholic

Posted: 03-19-2010, 09:42 AM
It doesn't need a Hemi
City: Templeton, CA
View This User's Garage
Post #2

What year is your Durango?
Ignition: MSD blaster coil ∞ MSD 9mm wires
Engine: Edelbrock Performer RPM heads ∞ Comp. Cams RR ∞ 180 T-stat ∞ CC grind CRS264HR-12
Exhaust: Edelbrock TES ∞ Thermo-Tec heat shield ∞ Magnaflow Cat-back
Suspention & Tires: 2" T/S lift ∞ BFG 32x11.5 AT
Electronics: SCT Custom Tune ∞ TPS modified ∞ Dynojet WB2
Trim: Optilux Angel Eyes ∞ EL Gauge Face w/bezel ∞ Lo-Tek gauge pod
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

20inchDurango

Posted: 03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Post #3

Shoot, I always forget to include that.

2001 Dodge Durango / 5.9L / 46RE Trans / SLT / 2WD

Durangoholic

Posted: 03-20-2010, 09:23 AM
It doesn't need a Hemi
City: Templeton, CA
View This User's Garage
Post #4

The whole airbag comes out, cover and all. For the 99, you access the two screws through the glove box opening. You need to remove the glove box. I know the dash is different for your year, but mayb e the design is similar.
Ignition: MSD blaster coil ∞ MSD 9mm wires
Engine: Edelbrock Performer RPM heads ∞ Comp. Cams RR ∞ 180 T-stat ∞ CC grind CRS264HR-12
Exhaust: Edelbrock TES ∞ Thermo-Tec heat shield ∞ Magnaflow Cat-back
Suspention & Tires: 2" T/S lift ∞ BFG 32x11.5 AT
Electronics: SCT Custom Tune ∞ TPS modified ∞ Dynojet WB2
Trim: Optilux Angel Eyes ∞ EL Gauge Face w/bezel ∞ Lo-Tek gauge pod

20inchDurango

Posted: 03-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Well that's a PITA. I'll dive into it in the morning!

20inchDurango

Posted: 03-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Post #6

I finally got around to removing the leather dash panel. I removed the glove box and unbolted the airbag enough to allow me to wiggle in a screw driver and remove the two nuts I'd been needing to get to.

Here she is gutted down.

I was able to use 5 min epoxy and get about 10 inches of the leather material glued back down to the plastic molding... Tomorrow I'll head to Home Depot and get about 20 1" clamps and epoxy the leather that's no longer adhered to the plastic molding and then clamp the leather down with folded cardboard and clamps and let her dry. Woohoo! Then, put it all back together, yay!
Closed Thread