Malfunction Indicator Light - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Charger Talk (06 - Up) > Dodge Charger (06-Up) - Performance Talk

Closed Thread

Renate

Question Malfunction Indicator Light - Posted: 02-25-2010, 09:11 AM
State: MI
Post #1

I have a 2006 Charger SXT - the malfunction indicator light came on last night and has not gone off- any idea what this means. the car is still running fine (no difference) but of course I am concerned when a sensor comes on.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

wyat72

Posted: 02-26-2010, 12:56 AM
PAID OFF!!!
State: IA
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

WElcome to DT. If you have an auto zone in your area, if you take it there they will scan the vehicle for you and tell you what the code is.

My bet is a EVAP malfuction. O2 senser.

Appearance Mods: Chrome Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Chrome Mopar Bug Guard, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Mud Flaps & Wheel Liners, Mopar Tow Hooks, Putco Chrome Door Handle Covers, AMI Chrome Fuel Door, Curt Customized Hitch Cover, Bully Locking Tailgate Handle, ACI Vanish Tonneau, Line-X Bed Liner, Autospring 2" Leveling Kit, Cooper Zeon LTZs.

Performance Mods: SuperChips FlashPaq, Volant CAI, 12589 Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe.

Red Truck Club Member #289
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Renate

Posted: 02-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Post #3

Thank you for your help
I was going to do just that last night on the way home and the light went off and has not come back on. So I am hoping it was just some bad gas. But I will remember that in the future- even though I hope I wont need too

wyat72

Posted: 02-26-2010, 08:50 PM
PAID OFF!!!
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

My wifes 300 had a similar problem. The computer needed a reflash so the O2 sensers would work properly.

Appearance Mods: Chrome Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Chrome Mopar Bug Guard, Mopar Tow Mirrors, Mopar Mud Flaps & Wheel Liners, Mopar Tow Hooks, Putco Chrome Door Handle Covers, AMI Chrome Fuel Door, Curt Customized Hitch Cover, Bully Locking Tailgate Handle, ACI Vanish Tonneau, Line-X Bed Liner, Autospring 2" Leveling Kit, Cooper Zeon LTZs.

Performance Mods: SuperChips FlashPaq, Volant CAI, 12589 Magnaflow Muffler and Y-Pipe.

Renate

Posted: 02-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Post #5

thank you
it went off
Should I be ready for it to come back on ?
Do I have to take it to the dealer to have this done?

wyat72

Posted: 02-28-2010, 10:49 PM
PAID OFF!!!
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

I would bet it will come back on in cold weather situations. Yes you will have to take it to a dealer. If it is the same issues my wife's car had it was only $60 or so to fix.

Renate

Posted: 03-01-2010, 07:13 AM
Post #7

And sure enough it did on Saturday. I am taking it in tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help and great insight.

bshrop

Lightbulb Check Engine Light/about How Much Is The Cost! - Posted: 03-29-2010, 11:04 AM
State: CA
Post #8

I have a check engine light on. I read from the message board what could be the cause. I don t have a rought running car. The check engine life is on I had intake manifolds replaced and also a new water pump and thermastat done. Now this check engine light thing I love my charger but the monies are a mounting. Any suggestions because just called the dealer and they ocourse just shouted out a number. Tired of paying big money for little fixes. Love my charger.

Renate

Check Engine Light/about How Much Is The Cost! - Posted: 03-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Post #9

I ended up taking mine to a highly recommended mechanic in my town and I am sure he was much cheaper than a dealer and the nearest on eI will even go to is quite a ways away.
Mine ended up needing a major tune up badly - which is understandable and now it rund like a champ again !!

With all the parts and an oil change it was a lil over $400 and I was told by other mechanics that was veyr reasonable
good luck
I love my charger also
Closed Thread