5.7L Hemi Serpentine Belt routing - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 2nd Gen (04 - 09) Forums > 2G Dodge Durango - Drivetrain Talk

Closed Thread

Big3

5.7L Hemi Serpentine Belt routing - Posted: 02-21-2010, 10:33 AM
City: Warrenton, VA
Post #1

The manual does not show the proper routing for the serpentine belt in the 5.7L Hemi so here is a diagram I found: http://www.fixya.com/uploads/Images/9D0184E.jpg
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sir_Eagle

Posted: 02-21-2010, 10:40 AM
Hemi User
City: Akron, Ohio
State: OH
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

Usually there is a diagram on a sticker under the hood somewhere, not sure if the D has one or not.

And just remember the belt will touch every pulley. If it's a smooth pulley, the smooth side of the belt goes around it, if the pulley is grooved then it's the grooved side of the belt.
Ram Head Hitch Cover / 12" Black Stubbie Antenna / 20% Tinted Fronts
Resonator removed / Magnaflow 22" (12578)
265/70/17 General Grabber AT2 / Monroe Reflex Shocks / TB Lift(6 turns) / Drilled/Slotted Front Rotors / Ceramic Pads

Eagle's Nest Photography & kmartin.smugmug.com
Stubby Antenna Club Member #1 / Hemi Owners Club Member #8 / Ohio Truck Club Member #9 / Mineral Grey Truck Club Member #60 / DT Durango Club Member #102
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

KC_Metal

Posted: 02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Mopar Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
City: Green Bay
State: WI
Post #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Eagle View Post
Usually there is a diagram on a sticker under the hood somewhere, not sure if the D has one or not.

And just remember the belt will touch every pulley. If it's a smooth pulley, the smooth side of the belt goes around it, if the pulley is grooved then it's the grooved side of the belt.
Pretty much great advice is that's what I always remember when installing mine.

2006 Chrysler 300 HEMI C 5.7L V8: (Summer Car)
- Hurst Comp stick kit & badge, Windows Tinted 15%.

2010 Avalanche LT 5.3L V8: (Wife's Truck)
- Windows Tinted 15%, 8 Bar 20's from California

2008 Chrysler 300 AWD Touring 3.5L V6: (Winter Car)
- Hurst Comp stick kit & badge, Windows Tinted 15% (soon)

Fu*k Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Lexus and all that other Jap crap!

KC_Metal

Posted: 02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Mopar Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
City: Green Bay
State: WI
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3 View Post
The manual does not show the proper routing for the serpentine belt in the 5.7L Hemi so here is a diagram I found: http://www.fixya.com/uploads/Images/9D0184E.jpg
I can verify your picture with the 4.7 but I'm not sure it's the same. I'll print out the picture and check tonight if you need me too.

2006 Chrysler 300 HEMI C 5.7L V8: (Summer Car)
- Hurst Comp stick kit & badge, Windows Tinted 15%.

2010 Avalanche LT 5.3L V8: (Wife's Truck)
- Windows Tinted 15%, 8 Bar 20's from California

2008 Chrysler 300 AWD Touring 3.5L V6: (Winter Car)
- Hurst Comp stick kit & badge, Windows Tinted 15% (soon)

Fu*k Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Lexus and all that other Jap crap!

Closed Thread