Poll: Which Offroad Tire Do You Have, and Why? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge RAM Power Wagon Forums (05 - Up) > 3G Ram Power Wagon Talk

View Poll Results: Which Offroad Tire Do You Have, and Why?
BFGoodrich® KM2 49 31.01%
Cooper® Discoverer STT 36 22.78%
Dick Cepek® FC II or any other Dick Cepek® Tire 5 3.16%
Firestone® Destination M/T 7 4.43%
Goodyear® MT/R Kevlar 7 4.43%
Interco® IROK 4 2.53%
Maxxis® M-8080 Mudzilla or MT-762 BigHorn 0 0%
Mickey Thompson® Baja ATZ 9 5.70%
Nitto® Mud Grapplers or Trail Grappler MT 31 19.62%
Pro Comp® Mud Terrain or Xtreme MT 10 6.33%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

AcemanMCT

Poll: Which Offroad Tire Do You Have, and Why? - Posted: 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Power Wagon Winch Mob
City: SE PA
State: PA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

Since there are numerous threads spread around about tires, I thought to consolidate them into a single tire thread. I tried to list the most common ones in alphabetical order. If I missed any, sorry, the site only lets me list 10 poll options.

I'm on the stock ATs and the tread's disappearing quickly now that I'm approaching 30K. I am putting on about 12K+ per month. Lot's of driving, so obviously I'm looking for both an offroad tire that has manners on the pavement. So far I'm leaning towards the KM2 or Kevlar's, but since the Kevlars are so new, there is little info on them. I looked into the Coopers, but Pep Boys, supposedly a Cooper distributor, doesn't offer them, and there's no place around that I would want to go to get them around here. At my tire place, I get free mounting, balancing, no shipping charges, no tax (Delaware has no tax), etc. So that's a big factor.

It seems the KM2 are very popular, as well as the Cooper STTs, with Rusty and Crash and a few others owning a set. Baleksir owns KM2s as well as a few others. Then again so are Pro Comps, Mickeys, etc... And as Rusty mentioned in another thread, the Goodyear Kevlars are gaining traction (no pun intended!).

Funny thing about the Goodyear Kevlars, is they are asymmetric, yet they look directional. So they kind of look strange when the tread looks like it's in the opposite direction on the other side of the vehicle, as on this jeep at a forum in this link in Post# 51. I don't know about that. It doesn't look right. There was another thread in our PW forum where opinions seemed to point to the same thing being directional.
http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...t=12932&page=3

Including Googling all over the place, most of my research was done at the following link, but they don't have the Goodyear Kevlar listed yet.

All Terrain AT & Mud Terrain MT Tire Review Guide
http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires

I like to hear everyone's opinions, even if you made a comment in an earlier post, but as I said, I'm just trying to consolidate this into a tire brand/model opinion thread.

Edit: Hey, sorry the Toyo's aren't listed. The site only allows me to list 10 poll items. I may take out the Maxxis since no one has voted and replace it with the Toyos. I'll check it for the next day or two and see what happens.

Edit again: OK, OK, due to popular demand, I added the Toyo® Open Country MT and removed the Maxxis since no one has voted on them. I hope that's cool with everyone.

Now the darn thing won't let me change it! LOL.

Power Wagon Owner's Club #110
Black '06 PW QC
Auto, pw, pdl, p-seats, tow package, RER touchscreen Nav/Sat with UConnect & v3 Lockpick, steering wheel audio controls, sliding rear window, premium cloth, heated seats, adj pedals, Tow mirrors.
Mods: Mopar Rock Rails w/Carr steps, Toyo OC M/T 35x12.5x17, Mopar "T"-Linkage, Carli Trackbar, Bilstein 5100's, new larger steering box, Spicer front axle U-Joints, Carli Front Diff Protector, Custom Rockcrusher rear diff, behind the grill light mount bar. Carli/Bilstein 7100 Low Mount Damper, K&N Air Filter (stock intake), Silverstar Headlights, Ultrastar Turns & Fogs, KC 2x6 55 watt rev floods w/Defiant bracket, RetroSolutions' 12W LED reverse, brakes and high mount lights, and EBC Slotted/Dimpled Rotors EBC Yellow Stuff Pads, MyGig RER Low Speed CAN Bus Nav/Sat/UConnect and MyGig Lockpick Adaptor w/3 cameras.
Sitting in Garage: Ram SRT10 A-Pillar, 55w HIDs headlights.
Future Mods: King 2.5 with stainless shafts & clickers, Behind the grill Offroad LEDs, RAD-1 Digital Inclinometer, SRT 6.1 cam, Carli 3" or 6" coils, 3" or 6" leafs, & balljoints, and possible Long Arm.

If you want a Power Wagon Hoodie or T-shirt, PM me. I also have a new one coming up soon for the Rausch Power Wagon Get Together.

Last edited by AcemanMCT : 11-25-2009 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Toyos missing - Site won't let me change Maxxis to Toyos. Sorry
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

danny.p.watts

Posted: 11-24-2009, 01:44 PM
RedMan
City: Camp Lejeune
State: NC
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #2

Love my Grapplers, those guys grip better than anything I have ever run

Power Wagon Registry #47
- SCT Tuner by http://www.hemifevertuning.com/
- front and rear rock ready bumpers (hand made out of 1/4" wall 4X6 tubing)
- Thuren suspension upgrade (springs, shocks, and shackles)
- 35 12.50R 17 NITTO Mud Grapplers_- Snorkel
- Rock Rails_____________________- CB Radio
- RockCrusher Front Diff Cover_____- Tool box and all necessary tools
- diff locker by-pass_____________ - Flow Mast Series 50 Dual Exhaust
- Illuminated Ram Hood Emblem_____- Rocker Panels Hurculined
- H2 Wheels w/moded hubcaps_____- Power Wagon Winch Strap
- Solar Battery Maintainer_________- Sirius XM radio
- Hid-Away Gun rack_____________- 4 Off road lights

Wife's ride "Faith" 2014 Charger RT Max
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

ALZHEMI

Stt - Posted: 11-24-2009, 01:53 PM
HEMI FAN
City: GO BLUE
State: MI
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Cooper STT
this tire had good reviews and price, i just took a 620 mile round trip and was very pleased with there performance, i went 300 miles on just under 3/4 tank of gas

OLD
03 HEMI RAM 1500 QC SB 4X4 SLT W/20'S, ALANTIC BLUE PEARLCOAT (DEAD )

"APRIL 04 TRUCK OF THE MONTH"

NEW
06 HEMI RAM 1500 QC SB 4X4 SLT W/17x9 PROCOMP EXTREME ALLOY & 35x12.5x17 COOPER STT, PATRIOT BLUE PEARL COAT, BIG HORN EDITION

TwinStick

Posted: 11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Post #4

Cooper STT's, stock size. Local Cooper dealer, mine were made in the USA, deep tread, good reviews (when they test them) in mud, snow, ice. Said they were awsome in deep snow. Thats all the terrain in my area. Plus I really like the sidewall tread, figured it would enhance traction when aired down low.

Seems as if Cooper is the red-headed-stepchild that everyone want to forget about. Don't know why, I am VERY happy with mine.
PurpleCrainium Diff Guards
K&N air filter --- WeatherGuard 20" black bed toolbox.
winch TPC bypass
Dual battery set up w/2 Sears DieHard Platinums-Gp 65 under hood-Gp 31 Marine deep cycle in bed toolbox w/plug-n-play set up. Custom 2000/4000w inverter set up w/quick connect. Triple bike mounts above the bed- custom made by me.
Crapload of recovery gear-always subject to adding more.
Fab Four rear bumper. Soon to be- a BuckStop Baja front bumper.--Temporarily on hold, see reason below.
Installed: Borgeson #000951 steering shaft. PSC steering brace(notched for PW by Rusty-thanks bud). Carli HD CroMo adjustable track bar. Carli CroMo control arms. Carli HD upper & lower balljoints x 2 sets (replaced under warrenty) & triple sealed u-joints in front axle shafts & rear driveshaft. Moog HD tierod ends x 4. Running total is now $4800. Yup, now i'm broke !!!

What, you ask, is the difference between a Dodge Ram and a PowerWagon ?? PW frame part # 55398868AC---Reg 2500 #55398813AC
About 2" taller, 12,000lb winch w/mounting brace between framerails,electronic disconnecting swaybar(for awsome articulation),electronic locking axles front & rear(for true 4-wheel drive),tow pkg, fully skidplated,forged one piece Alcoa rims w/internal beadlock lips,larger diameter(one ton) axleshaft in rear,160 amp alt,HD battery,4.56 gears,low range electronic recalibration of gas pedal sensitivity,more but thinner leafs in rear spring pack(for better articulation), 33" BFG All-Terrain tires. 78.016:1 crawl ratio. All for $6100.00 more! Oh yeah, almost forgot-Bilstein shocks. Gear ratios: 1st 6.29:1 2nd 3.48:1 3rd 2.10:1 4th 1.38:1 5th 1.0:1 6th .79:1.. Rev 5.74:1.

soopafly

Posted: 11-24-2009, 03:02 PM
City: Long Beach, CA
Post #5

BFG KM2's (35" on stock PW wheels) I chose this tire base on:
-good reviews
-available in a size I was looking for
-price
-well, hell, I'll admit it...I also liked the Krawler-esque tread design
No Sugar.

Trucks and Guns Club member #25

coder

Posted: 11-24-2009, 03:23 PM
State: CA
Post #6

1st set of tires, 285/70-17 ProComp Xtreme MT:
Evaluation: Excellent off road, tough as nails, tread wore quickly, good street manners at first but got much louder as they the worn down, replaced them after 23k miles.

2nd set of tires, 285/70-17 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ:
Evaluation: Excellent street manners, had them off road in dry dirt a few times and of coarse all was good, sidewalls are only 2 ply, so I plan to beat them up on some Mojave Desert rocks this winter and see how they do. If they don't cut-it I plan on getting the Cooper Discoverer STT's next.

(I do like the new Nitto Trail Grappler MT in 295/70-17 also)
Wheels/Tires: Toyo ATII's 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Redhead Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: EBC Front Slotted Dimpled Rotors | Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | DieHard Platinum Battery G65 | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

Last edited by coder : 11-24-2009 at 03:47 PM.

crawler#976

Posted: 11-24-2009, 03:24 PM
State: AZ
Post #7

With a background in western dry terrain rock crawling, I went for the MT/R's Kevlars. I have destroyed the old BFG KM's in 4500 miles, while the old MT/Rs would last over 8000. That was all done in an '87 Toyota dedicated crawler w/ dual spools and dual low range gear sets.

This is my first set of the new style, and so far they have done well. At 8K they are at 16/32 tread from 19/32, and they show some tread chunking and edge rounding, but not as much as I expected to see. Traction has been outstanding in all types of terrain including heavy spring snow (in June) in Colorado.

ratram

Posted: 11-24-2009, 03:42 PM
Home of the Whopper
City: Whidbey Island
State: WA
Post #8

It's not listed as an option on this poll, but my Toyo M/T's are great. They are quiet, easy to balance and should give me 60K of use. They are also 10 ply load range E's.

Some Mods: Cab lights, 4th gen look mirrors, level.

Free spin hub conversion. Have all parts on hand.

RustyPW08

Thumbs up  Posted: 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Moab Tested
City: Brownsville
View This User's Gallery
Post #9

I got the 35" Coopers on stock rims. The tire was $255 from a local dealer. The Toyo's was $315 a tire. And it's the same tread pattern too. The KM2's was $285 a tire. So far I got over 6K on the Cooper's. Still look new. They haven't let me down yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0968.JPG (183.2 KB, 48 views)
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Sequentially Number #08-1505,
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Extang Tonneau Cover, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, Had 35" Cooper STT's now 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper, PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal and it's own body bag!, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, MORE STUFF COMIN', TTI headers, Somebody's long arm, 7.2L MOTOR ,
Mods to me; Ti hip replacement. Zerk fitting in knee. Now it's gets greased more than some guys front drive shafts. I've been Used, Abused and Recycled!
Survivor of The Cold War, Heaven's Gate, The Grand Conjunction, The Pleiadeans Landings, Y2K, The Winch Mob Banning, The Mayan Apocalypse, and some other covert stuff. Future zombie killer!

Jacqui, loving wife and mother. 7/11/61 - 5/13/11 I miss you!
"Moab '10, '12",
"Rausch Creek-Spring, Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13"

RUSS

Last edited by RustyPW08 : 11-25-2009 at 01:06 AM.

08whitewagon

Posted: 11-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Post #10

I've got 35/10.50's Swamper SSR's. (I voted for the Irocks)They are a little noisy on the road but they make up for it off road. So far they are wearing well with about 10K on them but they need to be rotated about every 3-5K.

warwagon06

Post The fogotten Toyo! - Posted: 11-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Post #11

I run 35" 12.5 r17 TOYO OPEN COUNTRY!
06 PWR WGN QC!Current MOD's - reservoir shocks from Kore perf, Cat back exhaust from Gibson, Rims from Weld Racing, flashed chip -superchips, dodge perf. cold air kit, Black clearance lights, Rear tail lights, EBC slotted rotors & yellow stuff pads (fronts), TOYO M/T 35's (12.5 r17's) Custom Rock Rails W/ removable steps
Power Wagon Registry #136

J_K_S_1

Posted: 11-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Jeff S
City: Frankton
State: IN
View This User's Garage
Post #12

I have the Firestone Destination M/T's and so far love them. They wear great, but i also rotate them every oil change just to be safe.

2005 Power wagon
Black on Black leather
Nav, Step Bars, Tool Box, Vent Visors, Tinted Windows, Bedliner
Locker bypass, Firestone Destination MT's 315 70 r17, 2" Leveling kit in front 1/2" Spacer in rear, Rear Inner fender well linners, Drilled out CATS

Ironhide

Tires - Posted: 11-24-2009, 07:10 PM
Ironhide
State: OR
Post #13

I cant beleive you did not list Toyo MT's. I have had 2 sets one in 33x12.50x20, and one set (current set) in 35x12.50x20. They have awesome grab good cleanout are quiet for an MT and run really true. I have had my PW up to 110 mph and it hums along. Granted the motor was winding out good. These are an awesome tire though I think they should be added to the vote...IMO
2008 Dodge Power Wagon, Brilliant Black, 4" lift (BDS and Top Gun Customz parts), 35" Toyo MT's on 20x10 Goliath wheels, Bushwacker pocket flares, Flowmaster duals, CAI, Throttle body spacer, Arma spray in liner, Billett aluminum knobs, Skull shifter, window vents, Recon roof lights, Superchips Flashpaq, Toe hook hitch, more to come....

2005 Dodge Ram 1500 (R.I.P. 10-23-2009) damn red light runners.

neotech

Posted: 11-24-2009, 07:58 PM
City: Regina
State: SK
Post #14

37x12.50/17 KM2's here. Love em. Beat the hell outta em. Still roll round

AcemanMCT

Posted: 11-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Power Wagon Winch Mob
Post #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
I cant beleive you did not list Toyo MT's. I have had 2 sets one in 33x12.50x20, and one set (current set) in 35x12.50x20. They have awesome grab good cleanout are quiet for an MT and run really true. I have had my PW up to 110 mph and it hums along. Granted the motor was winding out good. These are an awesome tire though I think they should be added to the vote...IMO
Sorry Ironhide and ratram. I tried to change Maxxis to Toyos, but the site won't let me change the poll options.

AcemanMCT

Posted: 11-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Power Wagon Winch Mob
Post #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
Once again, sorry. I sent a message to the site help to see how to change poll options, but haven't heard back.

btw - Do you have pics of your rig?

crash1369

Posted: 11-25-2009, 12:37 AM
我愛貓
City: Tobyharlem
Post #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
Cooper STT's, stock size. Local Cooper dealer, mine were made in the USA, deep tread, good reviews (when they test them) in mud, snow, ice. Said they were awsome in deep snow. Thats all the terrain in my area. Plus I really like the sidewall tread, figured it would enhance traction when aired down low.

Seems as if Cooper is the red-headed-stepchild that everyone want to forget about. Don't know why, I am VERY happy with mine.
nailed it.

their the "I'm not paying for toyo's, toyo's" seriously though, how can you have consolidated all tire info into one place and not me tire what is probably the most common tire in the market? :5191Funnface:
Although, nobody really ever ask's about them anyway, they buy them because everyone else has them (for performance, or show, not hte point here )

I looked at all the info I could find on every tire the interwebs had to offer, and for every favorable review of any one tire you find you'll find two for the toyo mt's. So with that in mind I figured they must work at least reasonably well right, but I didn't want that size or their price. I had seen the STT's before and was considering them, but the pictures don't do them justice. I happened to be walking back to my truck and saw them on another truck and saw how aggressive they really were so I was pretty much sold then. As twinstick said I like the side lugs and that was one of the things I looked at on all the tires. The tread is essentially the same as the toyo's (the rubber compound is different of course, I forget which is the harder of the two but I didn't care to much. either way I get better traction or longer life ) and everyone who actually uses their toyo's likes them. the only complaint I have heard from guys out west is they kinda suck in the sand, take allot of power since they dig so much, not really an issue for me. their a bit narrower, which I wanted, but that could swat a performace test either way depending on terrain, but I feel the side lugs will provide much more traction than the toyo's and that might even help to offset the advantage of the extra with without the disadvantage ( ssshhh, just let me have this ) the toyo side lugs are massive and will obviously provide puncture resistance but probably not much more, the STT's come down further as well.

I have heard some good info on the procomp's but their more popular because their stupid cheap then because they break any records, not saying they don't work, if you get one of those crazy deals go for it, their just not breaking any new ground from what I hear.

"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

mikeincg

Posted: 11-25-2009, 04:20 AM
City: Goodyear, Az
Post #18

35" KM2, for BFG's reputation in the desert. The KM2's rock in the desert, mine have many hard miles in sharp lava rock and they have never let me down. I am a BFG man, I have had to many vehicles with BFG's, they have always served me well.

Khaki leather,Navigation,sunroof, Mopar Rock Rails,UConnect,Snugtop Super Sport, Bed Rug, Inyati sprayed in liner, Ravelco, 35" Hankook MT

Confed6165

Posted: 11-25-2009, 09:47 AM
State: MO
Post #19

I was a die hard Nitto mud grappler fan with my old rubicon. They stuck to everything even in the slickest conditions. I was dead set on getting them for the PW until I found out just how heavy the truck was. They wore preaty fast on the jeep which is half the weight of a PW. I had always liked the Cooper STT's. My brother in law has them on his farm service truck(2wheel drive with a tool box bed). I have seen him go thru rice fields with his stt's that would make me second guess taking my truck thru without seeing him go first. He has put them thru just about every abuse possible plus towing. I have had them on for just about 2000 miles on mine now and don't regreat it a bit. The nittos odd lines look a little off on our trucks but the STT's look right at home. And as Crash said, you really don't realize how agressive they are until you see them up close. They have alot of benifits(tow rate to fit our trucks, they are hard enough to wear longer than softer tires like Iroc's and nittos, looks, tough side wall, and american made). Plus when I bought mine, they were offering a 75 dollar mail in rebate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01418.JPG (50.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01426.JPG (62.8 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01422.JPG (39.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01411.JPG (55.1 KB, 33 views)

AcemanMCT

Posted: 11-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Power Wagon Winch Mob
Post #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash1369 View Post
nailed it.

their the "I'm not paying for toyo's, toyo's" seriously though, how can you have consolidated all tire info into one place and not me tire what is probably the most common tire in the market? :5191Funnface:
Although, nobody really ever ask's about them anyway, they buy them because everyone else has them (for performance, or show, not hte point here )

I looked at all the info I could find on every tire the interwebs had to offer, and for every favorable review of any one tire you find you'll find two for the toyo mt's. So with that in mind I figured they must work at least reasonably well right, but I didn't want that size or their price. I had seen the STT's before and was considering them, but the pictures don't do them justice. I happened to be walking back to my truck and saw them on another truck and saw how aggressive they really were so I was pretty much sold then. As twinstick said I like the side lugs and that was one of the things I looked at on all the tires. The tread is essentially the same as the toyo's (the rubber compound is different of course, I forget which is the harder of the two but I didn't care to much. either way I get better traction or longer life ) and everyone who actually uses their toyo's likes them. the only complaint I have heard from guys out west is they kinda suck in the sand, take allot of power since they dig so much, not really an issue for me. their a bit narrower, which I wanted, but that could swat a performace test either way depending on terrain, but I feel the side lugs will provide much more traction than the toyo's and that might even help to offset the advantage of the extra with without the disadvantage ( ssshhh, just let me have this ) the toyo side lugs are massive and will obviously provide puncture resistance but probably not much more, the STT's come down further as well.

I have heard some good info on the procomp's but their more popular because their stupid cheap then because they break any records, not saying they don't work, if you get one of those crazy deals go for it, their just not breaking any new ground from what I hear.
Crash, I had the Toyo's in my list of tires to add to the poll in a text file. But I miscounted the tire list. There were 11 in my list, but DT only allows 10. It wasn't until after I posted I realized I didn't get the 11th one on there, and that was the Toyos. Yep, they were at the bottom ONLY because it was alphabetic. I F*D up.

I like the Toyos, too. And I agree, they look like the Cooper STTs tread pattern. I like the STTs. I just don't have a good line on them out here. I don't know why Pep Boys doesn't carry that model, but they are supposed to be an "official" Cooper dealer. I would have to go to some private mom and pop tire shop that will inflate the price and charge me for every little thing to get them so they can make a profit. I believe in profit but not gouging.

I don't want to start another poll removing Maxxis and putting in the Toyos.

And funny, DT help hasn't responded to me about how to alter one of the poll entries. Oh well...

I F*D up...