unalble to turn off the security alarm - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango General Talk

Closed Thread

quantum

Unhappy unalble to disarm the security alarm - Posted: 07-17-2004, 11:23 PM
Post #1

I just had a problem with the security system on my 99 durango SLT. The car alarm suddenly turned on when I open the door and I just couldn't turn it off. The bad thing is I didn't have the remote so I had no idea how to disarm the security system. I have disconnected the battery, but durango still holding alarm state so I couldn't start the engine.
Is there anyway to turn off the alarm without the remote? I have been driving my durango without the remote(didn't come with) , but never had a problem until today.
The strange thing is When I closed and locked the door completely, all the locks became unlocked after about 20 minutes later. This happened twice today, and I was sure there was nobody tried to do something bad to my car.
Is this because there is something wrong with the computer? or Do I just need to buy a remote?
My durango is still in the parking lot of Target! Need a little help!

Last edited by quantum : 07-17-2004 at 11:41 PM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

B1G BLEU

Posted: 07-18-2004, 12:23 AM
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
City: W. Hempstead
State: NY
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

From my FSM,

DISARMING
Passive disarming of the VTSS occurs when the
vehicle is unlocked using the key to unlock either
front door or the liftgate and, if the vehicle is
equipped with the optional Sentry Key Immobilizer
System (SKIS), by turning the ignition switch to the
On position using a valid SKIS key. Active disarming
of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is unlocked by
depressing the “Unlock” button of the RKE transmitter.
Once the alarm has been activated either disarming
method will also deactivate the alarm.
Depressing the “Panic” button on the RKE transmitter
will not disarm the VTSS.
02 Durango (build 11/01) SLT┼ AB/BLACK INT 4.7L NGC 45RFE PT3.55 LSD 4X4 - Superchips 3715 Performance - Sensatracs - Chrome Nose - Carriage Works Billet Grilles - APC Clear Corners - Infinity 6022i's w/stock tweeters - Bully Pedals - Hidden Hitch - Silverstar 9007ST's - K&N high-flow 33-2175 air filter- TFP Chrome Handles - 29K Miles - (MB Gunner Chrome Wheels + General Grabbers wintering in basement) Hammered blue factory rims
Wife's Ride : 2006 Grand Caravan SXT INFERNO RED
Work Ride : 2009 Grand Caravan C/V STONE WHITE
Daughter's Ride : 2011 Jeep Compass Latitude
Son's Ride : no job = no car
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

quantum

Posted: 07-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Post #3

thank you for your response.
Suppose, my durango has is equipped with the optional Sentry Key Immobilizer System(which I don't know). would I still be able to disarm without having a remote? I think I unlocked the liftgate when I took out my tools to disconnect the battery.

Last edited by quantum : 07-18-2004 at 12:57 AM.

rockadaous

Posted: 07-18-2004, 08:48 AM
Keystoner
City: N.C.
State: NC
Post #4

see these guys
http://www.securityconcepts.biz/
or swing by autozone and get yourself a remote

rock
99 SLT+ 4X4 (5.2/318 & 44RE trans)
Patriot Blue (3.55 axle ratio)
Interior mods
APC rev glow gauges*Lotek Gauge Pod w/APC gauges*Nu-Image A/C & light panel*Redline shifter*Pilot titanium mesh pedals*Nu-Image gauge bezel*dodge logo door sills*blue jel light covers*Phoenix imaging interior
Exterior mods
Keystone kit*Cervinis SS Hood*Keystone Spoiler*Billet gas door*Altezza tail lights*Diamond cut euro headlights & parks*SS speed grille*3A Racing fog lights*APC M3 mirrors* MB Motoring Smoothies 20X10*Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/45/20*Pilot billet antenna*chrome differential cover*shaved roof rack*vent visors*APC bulbs*smiley grill*reflex shocks*drilled & slotted rotors*hawk HPS pads*TFP handle covers*2" drop"debadged
Engine mods
Intense performance stage II CAI w/9" big mouth filter*mopar valve covers*TD billet engine caps*180 T-stat*IAT Sensor Mod*GSport radiator hose*Goodyear gatorback S-belt*Flowmaster 40 series muffler*Dual exhaust*synthetic fluids*yellow loomz*brass cap & rotor* BP billet fuse cover*AL 3923 plugs*

http://members.cardomain.com/durang0

Ugg

Posted: 07-18-2004, 10:26 AM
The A#1 Original!
City: North of Chicago Illinois
State: IL
Post #5

quantum:

Yeah, what Rock said, they may be able to talk ya thru steps. If ya need parts, they have OEM, for decent rates. Also, get build sheet. Ya get it from dealer thru your VIN#. Good Luck on your quest.

Later
Ugg
The One, The Only, The A#1 Original
The Original DOC Black Sheep #1.
Signature Police Officer # 013

2001 Durango R/T, Patriot Blue with All factory options but block heater.

*Fastman TB. *JBA Headers. *DynoMax Flo Thru Muffler. *Hitch Mounted 55 Watt Back-Up Lights. *Yellow Krypton Fog Lights. *Nu-Image Flame Glo Gauges. *Orange Flame Seat Covers. *Autolite 3923 Plugs. *Remote Start-Up & Alarm. *Country Craft Brushed Aluminium Grille & Billet. *Blue Indiglo Glo Gas And Brake Pedals. *Lund Sun Visor. *LUND Rear Window Deflector. *Removed Factory Running Boards. *Rancho RS 9000 Shocks. *Ken Thompson Wheel Well Covers. *All Steel Skid Plates Installed To Replace Plastic Skids. *IP Stage II Cold Air Intake. *Rosewood Dash Kit by Trim King. *Cargo Liner by CargoLiner. *WeatherTech Vent Visors. *T-Bars cranked Up 3 Turns. *Extra Leaf Added Per Side On Rear Springs, *Rams Head Tail Light Covers. *55 Watt Back-Up Light Bulbs (installed in normal location for MORE light). *Go Rhino Hitch Step. *Ash Tray & Cup Holders Mounted by 2nd Row Seats. *American Flag & Black Ribbon Mounted on Antenna. *Lest We Forget, Fuzzy Dice. *Oh, & A Little White German Shepherd On The Dash, Howling.

PENDING REPLACEMENT
*Kumho Venture AT 275/60x17 Tires (WARNING, these tires are GARBAGE! ).
*Replaced with 15" Yoko Geolander's.

To Be Installed One Day Soon, I Hope

*Blue Engine Dress-up Kit, Made By Toucan Industies. *Jimmi Jammers. *Strobe Lights fore & aft.

The Beast

*1942 WC 53, 3/4 ton Dodge Carryall. *#152 of 8400 Made. *318 V8. *5 spd Trans. *4:86 gears. *Full Time 4WD.

RTDurango

Posted: 07-18-2004, 10:47 AM
City: Bay Area, Ca.
State: CA
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Your 99 wont have the SKIM key Or Sentry key. Alot of times what happens is the key on the driver side because of excessive use the switch goes bad that turns off the alarm. Try the passenger door or the liftgate. If that fails you can always disarm the system manually by tapping the disarm wire. Let me know if the other 2 dont work and i will walk you thru tapping the disarm wire. it is fairly simple.

B1G BLEU

Posted: 07-18-2004, 10:49 AM
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
Post #7

Did you read what I posted? "....
disarming of the VTSS occurs when the vehicle is
unlocked using the key to unlock either front door or the liftgate and, if the vehicle is equipped with the optional Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS), by turning the ignition switch to the On position using a valid SKIS key... "
a regular key's handle is 1/4" thick, the SKIS key is 5/16".
02 Durango (build 11/01) SLT┼ AB/BLACK INT 4.7L NGC 45RFE PT3.55 LSD 4X4 - Superchips 3715 Performance - Sensatracs - Chrome Nose - Carriage Works Billet Grilles - APC Clear Corners - Infinity 6022i's w/stock tweeters - Bully Pedals - Hidden Hitch - Silverstar 9007ST's - K&N high-flow 33-2175 air filter- TFP Chrome Handles - 29K Miles - (MB Gunner Chrome Wheels + General Grabbers wintering in basement) Hammered blue factory rims

Ugg

Posted: 07-18-2004, 11:12 AM
The A#1 Original!
Post #8

quantum:

I have to agree with Phil (Bleu) too. He did say the same thing 1st. I overlooked it myself. SHEESH BLEU, WHATTCHA WANT BRO? IT'S F'N SUNDAY MORNIN! I'M SORRY I OVERLOOKED YOUR POST! Hell, I feel like I'm hungover. It must have been from all that work I did yesterday. I'm not used to that stuff anymore.

Later
Ugg

*Fastman TB. *JBA Headers. *DynoMax Flo Thru Muffler. *Hitch Mounted 55 Watt Back-Up Lights. *Yellow Krypton Fog Lights. *Nu-Image Flame Glo Gauges. *Orange Flame Seat Covers. *Autolite 3923 Plugs. *Remote Start-Up & Alarm. *Country Craft Brushed Aluminium Grille & Billet. *Blue Indiglo Glo Gas And Brake Pedals. *Lund Sun Visor. *LUND Rear Window Deflector. *Removed Factory Running Boards. *Rancho RS 9000 Shocks. *Ken Thompson Wheel Well Covers. *All Steel Skid Plates Installed To Replace Plastic Skids. *IP Stage II Cold Air Intake. *Rosewood Dash Kit by Trim King. *Cargo Liner by CargoLiner. *WeatherTech Vent Visors. *T-Bars cranked Up 3 Turns. *Extra Leaf Added Per Side On Rear Springs, *Rams Head Tail Light Covers. *55 Watt Back-Up Light Bulbs (installed in normal location for MORE light). *Go Rhino Hitch Step. *Ash Tray & Cup Holders Mounted by 2nd Row Seats. *American Flag & Black Ribbon Mounted on Antenna. *Lest We Forget, Fuzzy Dice. *Oh, & A Little White German Shepherd On The Dash, Howling.

PENDING REPLACEMENT

*Blue Engine Dress-up Kit, Made By Toucan Industies. *Jimmi Jammers. *Strobe Lights fore & aft.

The Beast

*1942 WC 53, 3/4 ton Dodge Carryall. *#152 of 8400 Made. *318 V8. *5 spd Trans. *4:86 gears. *Full Time 4WD.

quantum

I am so reliefed! - Posted: 07-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Post #9

Thank you guys, I was able to disarm the security system by unlocking the passenger door. I am now so reliefed!

B1G BLEU

Posted: 07-18-2004, 09:00 PM
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
Post #10

Sorry, Ugg if I blew your day, I was responding to the thread starter, not you.

Ugg

Posted: 07-19-2004, 12:21 AM
The A#1 Original!
Post #11

Bleu:

Naw, it was the quacks that blew my day, as a matter of fact, they blew this whole F'n year. Now I'm in a hurry to get a life back. If stairs have been an enemy, what they hell was I doin goin up & down a ladder? I'm still not takin my morphine (oxycontin) yet. Just some some from the stash bag, to take the edge off. I'll get it together soon.

Later
Ugg

PENDING REPLACEMENT

The Beast

Closed Thread