lower transmission line removal from radiator? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 08-18-2009, 08:06 AM
LuckyBadAzzBoy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
lower transmission line removal from radiator?

I have a 1999 ram 1500 4x4 automatic with a 5.2 liter engine. I'm replacing the radiator and i can't figure out how to remove the lower hose of the transmission line from the radiator core. I removed the nut and the tube seems to be pushed into the fitting? The haynes repair manual really doesn't say anything. I need help on this. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
UNHPistol

That should be a quick disconnect. You can get a quick disconnect set at Sears or any of your local auto parts stores, they're usually pretty cheap. They'll probably be labeled as fuel line disconnect tools.

1999 Ram 1500 4x4, 318

Current mods:
K&N FIPK, F&B 50mm TB, MOPAR M1, Harland Sharp 1.6 Rockers, MOPAR valve gear, custom grind CompCam, Hedman shorties, Magnaflow hi-flow cat, Flowmaster cat-back, MOPAR PCM, March Perf. Power & Amp pulleys, MSD Blaster 3
#3 Old 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
djturnz

Yup, he's got it right. You'll need the fule line tool (under $10 from Autozone) to pop it off.

When I pulled my radiator I didn;t have the tool so I cut the part off the old radiator and then slid a piece of plastic over it to remove it. I forget what I used, but it was shaped like a pen cap, but larger.

98 Ram SS/T, Black (work in progress)

94 Ram 1500 Reg Cab, Long Bed (headed for scrap soon)
#4 Old 08-18-2009, 05:36 PM
LuckyBadAzzBoy

(Thread Starter)
Thanks very much UNHPistol and djturnz it worked perfectly. Have a great week you guys.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.