lower transmission line removal from radiator? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

LuckyBadAzzBoy

lower transmission line removal from radiator? - Posted: 08-18-2009, 08:06 AM
State: NC
Post #1

I have a 1999 ram 1500 4x4 automatic with a 5.2 liter engine. I'm replacing the radiator and i can't figure out how to remove the lower hose of the transmission line from the radiator core. I removed the nut and the tube seems to be pushed into the fitting? The haynes repair manual really doesn't say anything. I need help on this. Thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

UNHPistol

Posted: 08-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Post #2

That should be a quick disconnect. You can get a quick disconnect set at Sears or any of your local auto parts stores, they're usually pretty cheap. They'll probably be labeled as fuel line disconnect tools.

Current mods:
K&N FIPK, F&B 50mm TB, MOPAR M1, Harland Sharp 1.6 Rockers, MOPAR valve gear, custom grind CompCam, Hedman shorties, Magnaflow hi-flow cat, Flowmaster cat-back, MOPAR PCM, March Perf. Power & Amp pulleys, MSD Blaster 3
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

djturnz

Posted: 08-18-2009, 01:05 PM
City: Gettysburg
State: PA
Post #3

Yup, he's got it right. You'll need the fule line tool (under $10 from Autozone) to pop it off.

When I pulled my radiator I didn;t have the tool so I cut the part off the old radiator and then slid a piece of plastic over it to remove it. I forget what I used, but it was shaped like a pen cap, but larger.

94 Ram 1500 Reg Cab, Long Bed (headed for scrap soon)

LuckyBadAzzBoy

Posted: 08-18-2009, 05:36 PM
State: NC
Post #4

Thanks very much UNHPistol and djturnz it worked perfectly. Have a great week you guys.
Closed Thread