Tranny, Rearend, or ? - Truck "jumps" when shifted from R to D - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge RAM - Drivetrain Talk

Closed Thread

trexmgd

Exclamation Tranny, Rearend, or ? - Truck "jumps" when shifted from R to D - Posted: 08-07-2009, 12:14 AM
City: SoCal
Post #1

OK, weird thing here... Everyday I hop in my truck, throw it in Reverse to back down my driveway, throw it in Drive and I'm on my way. Now this is normally a smooth, seamless operation that I do without even thinking (or sometimes looking).

Last couple of days, after I'm down the driveway and coasting, I throw it in drive, and the truck "hops" or "jumps" like I just did a neutral drop or something. Its not that the rpms are up and I really did a drop, more like everything bites instantly from the second I goto Drive from Reverse, where as before the truck would coast a bit til I hit the gas.

I'm not throwing any codes... what is wrong and where do I start looking?

(46RE, 3.92 Anti-Spin, 5.9L gas)
4" Doetsch Spindle Lift w/ 305/55 Toyo OC ATs on 20" KMC XD Rockstars
3.92 AS rear w/PML cover
Brass Cap & Rotor, Taylor 8.2s & NGK
Dash Overlay, Tinted Tails
14x3 Eddy Air Intake (between smogs )

On Deck - CAT back exhaust
In the Hole - HIDs of some sort... maybe a tune & 4.56s???
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Closed Thread