Changing personal settings on my 08 powerwagon - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Power Wagon Forums (05 - Up) > 3G Ram Power Wagon Talk

brownstone

Changing personal settings on my 08 powerwagon - Posted: 08-03-2009, 05:15 PM
City: Fernie
State: BC
Post #1

Hi everybody
I'm the proud new owner of a slightly used 08 powerwagon and I'm having trouble figuring out how to change the personal settings on it. The manual that came with the truck is for the diesel version and mine is slightly different. I don't have a menu button in the EVIC and therefore I think that is the OTIS. anyway I would like to turn off the honking everytime I lock the doors and so on and I can't figure out how to get to these settings. I've been searching for some time now an came up empty. Any help would be appreciated.

Stephen

PS. My truck is an 08 with power everything and heated leather and command start that was a stock option.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

flattire

Posted: 08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
City: Cal High desert
Post #2

Welcome to the forum....

I am not sure you have the right manual for POWER WAGON as there is no diesel version of it.....

Anyway it sounds like you are talking about the remote control for door lock/engine....I never use mine and don't have manual with me so no help from me.....

What country/state are you in?
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

brownstone

Posted: 08-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Post #3

I didn't get the correct manual with the truck, hence the question. I'm in Britsh Columbia, Canada.

coder

Posted: 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM
State: CA
Post #4

Go to the dodge owners website site, put in your vehicle information and download your owners manual:

http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html
Wheels/Tires: Toyo ATII's 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Redhead Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: EBC Front Slotted Dimpled Rotors | Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | DieHard Platinum Battery G65 | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

ferretslim

Posted: 08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
State: AB
Post #5

take it to a dodge dealer i have a 2008 PW i took hime 3 min to turn off that crazy honk for everything lock unlock remote start but i will turn the honk off for everything but lights will still flash

PWDurangoFam

Posted: 08-03-2009, 08:37 PM
City: Phoenix, Arizona
Post #6

Welcome to DT!

danny.p.watts

Posted: 08-03-2009, 09:02 PM
RedMan
City: Camp Lejeune
State: NC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View Member's FaceBook Profile
Post #7

Welcome to the family, lets see some pics when you get the chance

Power Wagon Registry #47
- SCT Tuner by http://www.hemifevertuning.com/
- front and rear rock ready bumpers (hand made out of 1/4" wall 4X6 tubing)
- Thuren suspension upgrade (springs, shocks, and shackles)
- 35 12.50R 17 NITTO Mud Grapplers_- Snorkel
- Rock Rails_____________________- CB Radio
- RockCrusher Front Diff Cover_____- Tool box and all necessary tools
- diff locker by-pass_____________ - Flow Mast Series 50 Dual Exhaust
- Illuminated Ram Hood Emblem_____- Rocker Panels Hurculined
- H2 Wheels w/moded hubcaps_____- Power Wagon Winch Strap
- Solar Battery Maintainer_________- Sirius XM radio
- Hid-Away Gun rack_____________- 4 Off road lights

Wife's ride "Faith" 2014 Charger RT Max

JRH_PWRWAGON_06

Posted: 08-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Labrador Retrievers rule!
City: Sierra Mtns & SF Bay area
View This User's Garage
Post #8

simple question deserves simple answer...
from my 2006 owners Manual:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page 1.jpg (587.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg page 2.jpg (551.2 KB, 11 views)

2006 White Power Wagon QuadCab
OPTIONS-
545RFE, NAV Sys. w/ 6-CD Sat. Radio, Light Group, Rear Sliding Window,
Heated Tow Mirrors, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel,
Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls, Power Adjustable pedals.

MODS-
Lifetime Sirius, 315/70-17E Firestone MT's on Power Wagon wheels, Mopar EVS Alarm,
Line-X, Mopar Rock Rails w/CARR steps, Gibson Dual Exhaust,
Dynatrac manual locking hub conversion w/DynaLoc hubs.
Superchips Cortex (not installed yet), Locker Bypass, Winch TPS Bypass, EZ-Down tailgate damper,
Tailgate lock, Mopar wheel locks, Mopar spare tire winch lock,
Air-Ram Jet stream scoop, Deflecta-Shield 60" Low Profile Tool Chest,
Mopar: Winch Accy Kit, Wheel well liners, Mudflaps, Engine block heater.
Three NATO 20L Jerrycans mounted in-bed.

Power Wagon Owner's Club - Member #23
2009 Yamaha YZF-R1
2004 White Mustang SVT Cobra Coupe
2001 Yamaha Grizzly 660 4x4

ldgregory

Posted: 08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Code Red
City: Albuquerque
State: NM
Post #9

To disable the horn chirp on lock do this.

1. Get in, close all doors, and put on seatbelt (the last to avoid any chimes that might confuse you)

2. Place key in ignition and turn to ON (not start)

3. Press and hold LOCK button for at least four seconds and then press and hold down the UNLOCK button.

4. After hearing a single chime release both buttons.

5. Turn key to OFF

6. Test the horn chirp by pressing the lock button

Should be good to go. If you ever want to re-enable the horn chirp, perform the same steps again.

2005 Dodge Power Wagon Power Wagon Owner's Club #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

JRH_PWRWAGON_06

Posted: 08-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Labrador Retrievers rule!
City: Sierra Mtns & SF Bay area
View This User's Garage
Post #10

That works great on a 2005 Power Wagon...

ldgregory

Posted: 08-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Code Red
City: Albuquerque
State: NM
Post #11

Interesting. Wonder if there's any difference between '06, '07, '08, and '09s

2005 Dodge Power Wagon Power Wagon Owner's Club #9-05-0536

Join the Power Wagon Registry

Mods: 35" BFG KM2s, Locker Bypass, Blacked Out Cab Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Airhorns, Custom headache / rotating light rack, Interceptor Bug Deflector w/Eyebrows, Lund in-channel Vent Visors, UbiquiRack, Mounted shovel and axe in bed with Quick Fist clamps, Silverstar replacements for fogs and driving lights, Hella 500s behind the grill, Inclinometer, Mopar rock rails (didn't have them when I bought it), 1500W inverter with secondary battery in bed, tinted windows, chopped muffler.

Next Mods:
Wetsuit/BC drying hanger, high idle, black badges

brownstone

Posted: 08-04-2009, 12:14 AM
Post #12

Thanks for the help guys, I downloaded the manual and I was trying to do as per the instructions for about a half hour with no luck, I'm pretty sure the neighbors didn't like my horn going off every time I released the panic button. I'll try that method listed by IDgregory tomorrow and see if that works. I don't have any pics yet but its still pretty much stock. I'm thinking of adding a new bumper (bullet proof) and maybe some rims at some point. That reminds me of my second question. I have an 03 GMC duramax with 16 inch 8 bolt american racing mojave teflon rims, will they fit on the Powerwagon?

RustyPW08

Talking  Posted: 08-04-2009, 04:51 AM
Moab Tested
City: Brownsville
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownstone View Post
Thanks for the help guys, I downloaded the manual and I was trying to do as per the instructions for about a half hour with no luck, I'm pretty sure the neighbors didn't like my horn going off every time I released the panic button. I'll try that method listed by IDgregory tomorrow and see if that works. I don't have any pics yet but its still pretty much stock. I'm thinking of adding a new bumper (bullet proof) and maybe some rims at some point. That reminds me of my second question. I have an 03 GMC duramax with 16 inch 8 bolt american racing mojave teflon rims, will they fit on the Powerwagon?
Sorry, the 16's won't fit. Too small, as they would hit the brake calipers. You need 17's or bigger.
By the way, welcome to the forum.
PWOC #53
2008 POWER WAGON RC
Sequentially Number #08-1505,
Inferno Red, Automatic
Mods to the PW; Nerffed Mopar RockRails, Wheel Well Liners, Bushwacker Pocket Fender Flairs, Extang Tonneau Cover, Garvmin dezl 560LMT GPS, Power Wagon Winch Kit, Line X Ultra Bed Liner, PIAA Headlight Bulbs, PIAA 580 Driving Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 Fog Lights (135 watt), PIAA 520 ATP Off-Road Lights (135 watt), Locker Bypass, Modifed Rockcrusher Diff Covers, Mopar Utility Bed Rails and Tool Box, Warn Winch Wireless Remote Control, "el-cheapo" Inclinometer, Airaid CAI, Winch TPS Bypass, Had 35" Cooper STT's now 35" Toyo's, Mopar Spare Tire Lock, 'T' Steering Linkage, Modifed PSC Steering Brace, P3 Brake Controller, Modifed Fusion "mall crawler" rear bumper, PIAA 1500 Back-Up Lights, 1Ton HEMI Tranny Cooler, Leer 100XR Bed Cap, Factory Tow Mirrors, CenterLine Rims 17x9-5.25 BS, Mag-Hytec Tranny Pan, AutoMeter Gauges, PSC Extreme Hydro Assist Steering, Carli Track Bar, Carli Ball-Joints, Dynatrac FreeSpin Hubs, Snorkel, RCV Axles, EBC Pads & Rotors, Aluminess Front Bumper, BIG Pul-Pal and it's own body bag!, 60" Extreme Hi-lift Jack, and more riggin' equipment, Carli Long Travel Air Bags, Bilstein 7100 Shocks - Carli Valving, MORE STUFF COMIN', TTI headers, Somebody's long arm, 7.2L MOTOR ,
Mods to me; Ti hip replacement. Zerk fitting in knee. Now it's gets greased more than some guys front drive shafts. I've been Used, Abused and Recycled!
Survivor of The Cold War, Heaven's Gate, The Grand Conjunction, The Pleiadeans Landings, Y2K, The Winch Mob Banning, The Mayan Apocalypse, and some other covert stuff. Future zombie killer!

Jacqui, loving wife and mother. 7/11/61 - 5/13/11 I miss you!
"Moab '10, '12",
"Rausch Creek-Spring, Fall '11, Spring '12, Summer '13"

RUSS

crash1369

Posted: 08-04-2009, 06:25 AM
我愛貓
City: Tobyharlem
Post #14

is bullet proof a brand or a type

apparently there are guys who squeezed 16's on their rams, assuming they have the same brakes I suppose you could make them fit with enough grinding but I wouldn't recommend it. It's tough to beat the Power Wagon wheels anyway and grinding material off your calipers is just a bad idea if you ask me

"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

brownstone

Posted: 08-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Post #15

bullet proof the brand, made in Reddeer, alberta

crash1369

Posted: 08-04-2009, 10:25 AM
我愛貓
Post #16

ok, got a link. all I see is jeep stuff?

"At no point during your rambling, incoherent response did you ever come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul."

brownstone

Posted: 08-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Post #17

try www.bulletproofbumpers.ca there are all brands there. they are a pretty small company and I haven't seen any of their bumpers on a powerwagon yet, but I'm sure they could make it happen.

coder

Posted: 08-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Post #18

Oh, by the way, you must take it to the dealer to get the door-lock honking turned off even though the manual gives you the instructions, it will not let you disable it.
Wheels/Tires: Toyo ATII's 35x12.5x17
Steering/Drivetrain/Axles: Carli Front Diff Guard | Dynatrac Ball Joints | Redhead Steering Gear
Miscellaneous: EBC Front Slotted Dimpled Rotors | Line-X Bedliner | Locker Bypass Switch | Mopar Rock Rails | DieHard Platinum Battery G65 | Performance Friction Brake Pads | Weathertech Digital Fit Mats | Winch Thermal Protection Bypass

brownstone

Posted: 08-05-2009, 01:02 PM
Post #19

I gave up on trying to disable the honk on lock after attempting it no less that 50 times, so I go over to the dealer in town and ask them if they can do it.... well they say the can book me in a week from now to get it done and it should take less than a half an hour. I did not make the appointment.

crash1369

Posted: 08-05-2009, 01:10 PM
我愛貓
Post #20

I don't know why people are so against the lock beep. If I can lock my truck at 3am and not wake anybody else up there's nothing to worry about it's such a quick beep it's no big deal. Unless your under the truck :yo: still not sure how I keep leaning on that god forsaken button. But anyway I prefer having it on, it's conformation it's locked and I don't have to be able to see it to know