Brake Light Warning Light - In Dash - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP DODGETALK MERCHANDISE ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Vehicle Forums > Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan Talk > Dodge Caravan General Talk

Closed Thread

mistypotato

Brake Light Warning Light - In Dash - Posted: 07-26-2009, 12:48 PM
State: TX
Post #1

Can anyone save me some research and tell me about the brake warning light on the dash over on the left? On most cars, this is the light that would indicate the Parking Brake is ON. But it isn't.

By the way, my brakes work fine and the taillights come on as they should.

The light stays on constantly whether the Parking Brake is on or off.

Does the BRAKE warning light indicate other brake problems or just that the parking brake is on?

thx

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

StandOnCliff

Posted: 07-26-2009, 02:47 PM
City: Dreary Erie
State: PA
Post #2

The brake light functions in two ways. One with the e brake and another when there is a problem with the system. Most likely the cause is either low in fluid or a line is leaking. If it's just low in fluid this is a sign it needs new brake pads and soon. If it's low in fluid, see if you have any wet spots on any brake lines or around the drums and calipers from the inside of the wheels. Look around the master cylinder too. If you find evidence of leakage this will be why your reservoir is low. The front brakes do the majority of the stopping so if you don't notice any brake problems, check the rear brake system over entirely. If you can't find any sign of leakage or the master cylinder is full. It could be a bad switch on the ebrake. It could also be a bad master cylinder,it's sign of being bad is usually pumping the brakes once or twice gives a much firmer feeling pedal, after looking and finding no evidence of leakage.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

mistypotato

Posted: 07-26-2009, 03:04 PM
State: TX
Post #3

Ok,

I've done brake work for years so this is good stuff for anyone else searching on brakes.

Mostly I needed to know how the brake warning light worked on this model since I've only had it a month now.

thx,

If you start a thread, be responsible and post the final outcome.
Closed Thread