Uconnect Phone Compatibility List - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 4th Gen (09 Up) Forums > 4G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

sizemic1

Uconnect Phone Compatibility List - Posted: 07-24-2009, 10:28 PM
State: CA
Post #1

Searched around but didn't really find a comprehensive list of phones that work with the Uconnect, so figured I would start one.

Post up your provider, phone make, model, whether or not it works and any other info worth mentioning.

Provider: Verizon
Make: Samsung
Model: Gleam u700
Compatible: NO
Comments: Phone seems to pair, but them just continually cycles the power off and on everytime it tries to "talk" with the Uconnect unit.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

bob1340

Posted: 07-25-2009, 10:24 AM
City: Bakersfield
Post #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizemic1 View Post
Searched around but didn't really find a comprehensive list of phones that work with the Uconnect, so figured I would start one.

Post up your provider, phone make, model, whether or not it works and any other info worth mentioning.

Provider: Verizon
Make: Samsung
Model: Gleam u700
Compatible: NO
Comments: Phone seems to pair, but them just continually cycles the power off and on everytime it tries to "talk" with the Uconnect unit.

I contacted uconnect last week. Being they have a new number it's hard to get them. If you can Dodge customer service they can get them for you. They should have a 2009 list out soon. I have 2 phones, a Motorola Razr and a AT&T quickfire. The Motorola is good to go, the quickfire is no go.

2009 Ram Crew Cab Mineral Gray Hemi
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Banditman

Posted: 07-25-2009, 10:54 AM
State: KY
Post #3

Dodge screwed up bad on this. They have way to many modules out that have different software. My problems started with the purchase of the Mopar integration cable for the Ipod. When it wouldn't work, the dealer ordered another Pickner module. It would work the Ipod but I would lose the Uconnect. I went through 3 part numbers before I found the 5064449AF part number on here. It works both like a champ. Now trying to fix the wifes Journey, nothing will pair to the U connect. We tried seven different makes and models. Her car came with the IPOD cable from the factory. But the Uconnect will not work. So to make a long story short, they have a lot of software revisions out in their modules. So I wouldn't blame it on the phone.

bob1340

Posted: 07-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Post #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banditman View Post
So I wouldn't blame it on the phone.
Correct, not the phone. But if your phone is not on the list you are screwed. Being phone companies introduce new phones weekly it makes it hard to pair new phones.

Here is the u-connect site. http://www.dodge.com/crossbrand/ucon...interface.html

You can find the 2008 list there. But to be sure call u-connect.

LadyRam09

Posted: 07-25-2009, 02:05 PM
Army Wife with a HEMI
State: MN
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

I have a Motorola Razr2 V9 through AT&T and works fine

Mods:
Chrome Gas Door, Chrome Bedrails, Chrome Bug Shield, Chrome Oval Steps,
Access Cover, Rhino Liner, Tinting, Stainless Door Sill Guards, Flowmaster 50 H.D., K&N Filter, Power Tailgate Lock, EZ Down

coming soon: Stainless Bull Bar
4th Gen Truck Club #46
Elite White Truck Club #190
Don't TOUCH My Truck Club #01
______

greggagnon

Posted: 07-25-2009, 02:23 PM
State: NC
Post #6

I find the manufacturer's site has more up to date phone information.
http://www.jciblueconnect.com/

sizemic1

Posted: 07-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Post #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggagnon View Post
Well my phone is on the list that supposidly works with the system, but it doesn't. That's why I want to see people's real world experiences not some list that obviously isn't correct.

bob1340

Posted: 07-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Quote:
Yeah I looked at that as well. My carrier is AT&T and it does not show my phone at all. It is a AT&T Quickfire.

greggagnon

Posted: 07-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Post #9

I have a SCH-U700 (Gleam) phone and my pairs and works fine. I don't see where the list is incorrect. I have a RER radio running 2.042. Maybe you have a problem with your unit or phone.

sizemic1

Posted: 07-26-2009, 09:19 AM
Post #10

Quote:
I have a SCH-U700 (Gleam) phone and my pairs and works fine. I don't see where the list is incorrect. I have a RER radio running 2.042. Maybe you have a problem with your unit or phone.
How do you find out what software version the radio has?

nick bourgeois

Posted: 07-26-2009, 12:34 PM
State: LA
Post #11

I had a blackberry and it worked awesome. My iphone sucks. Will not even let me pair it.

LadyRam09

Posted: 07-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Army Wife with a HEMI
State: MN
View This User's Gallery
Post #12

Quote:
Did you get yor update from:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262207

Mods:
Chrome Gas Door, Chrome Bedrails, Chrome Bug Shield, Chrome Oval Steps,
Access Cover, Rhino Liner, Tinting, Stainless Door Sill Guards, Flowmaster 50 H.D., K&N Filter, Power Tailgate Lock, EZ Down

coming soon: Stainless Bull Bar
4th Gen Truck Club #46
Elite White Truck Club #190
Don't TOUCH My Truck Club #01
______

greggagnon

Posted: 07-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Post #13

Press Menu, then System Setup, then System Information. It will get your versions. No I did not get it there.

joePA

Posted: 07-26-2009, 05:13 PM
Thunderstruck
City: Berks County
State: PA
View This User's Gallery
Post #14

Slight hijack but lots of info at these sites. I posted these many months ago in the interior section:

Info about mygig: http://www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav_2.htm

Demo: http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/mygig/

More "update info": http://www.jk-forum.com/showthread.php?t=78913

Hacker site: http://www.carhack.org/forum/

Unofficial mygig site: http://mofv.com/mygig/

2009 Dodge Journey ~ R/T ~ AWD ~ Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl ~ no mods - replaced by 2011 Caddy CTS AWD

Previous ~ 2005 Ram Daytona ~ Quad ~ 4X4 ~ Silver ~ lots of mods
2002 Quad cab Ram 4X4
1996 RCLB Ram

Freedom is never Free

sizemic1

Posted: 07-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Post #15

I got one of the cheapie radios, no navi no mygig.
Just an update on my end.
I ended up upgrading my phone to a Samsung Alias 2 which seems to work OK. I don't think the phonebook downloads to the radio, but I can live with that. I'll just manually add the few contacts I call on a regular basis.

watkins

Posted: 07-28-2009, 10:08 AM
State: TX
Post #16

Provider: ATT
Make: Apple
Model: iphone 3gs
Compatible: Yes
Comments: Phone pairs w/ no problem and also utilizes the contact list (on the phone). the names appear on the head unit when you get an incoming call and you can ask the phone to call any contact via voice, no set-up required.

Rhino55

Posted: 10-08-2009, 11:45 AM
State: OK
View This User's Garage
Post #17

I have a Pharos Travaler 137 GPS Phone. It did work great but had problems with the voice reconnation, Now the voice part works great but I not getting no audio from the uconnect when the phone is answered so I still have to talk through the phone instead of the uconnect. Dealership replaced a modual.
1979 Jeep CJ-5 Heavily Modified

EddieHemi

Posted: 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Sport'in
City: Houston
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #18

I have both my phone and my wifes hooked up to it and both work fine.

Provider: Sprint
Make: Sanyo
Model: Katana Eclipse
Comments: Works great.

Provider: T-mobile
Make: Motorola
Model: Sidekick 3rd generation
Comments: Works great also.
4th Gen Truck Club Member #6
Twiggy HID Club Member #15

RIP, Shannon White, my friend, my brother. 837 you will never be forgotten...

Upgrades:
Rottie Security, Tint, Michelin LTX Tires, Air Lift 1000 Bags, Borla Exhaust, Airaid Cold Air Intake, Airaid Poweraid Throttle Body Spacer, 6000k Highs, Lows, and Fogs by Twiggy, Custom touches by Colin (Hurst Collision)

WHO DAT !!!

Moparn4life

Posted: 10-08-2009, 12:25 PM
State: IL
Post #19

LG UX260 (Rumor) works & it's not on any compatibility list I've seen. I'm not even sure why my truck was equiped with Uconnect. It wasn't listed on my window sticker. It was a nice surprise when I brought it home.

Provider: US cellular
Make: LG
Model: UX260
Compatible: YES (most functions)

db682

Posted: 10-08-2009, 12:37 PM
City: Gainesville
State: FL
View This User's Garage
Post #20

Verizon
Blackberry 8330
Works perfect

Verizon
Razr V3M
Works prefect

I wish I could upload my phonebook that would be awesome. But ooh well.

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Sport
Powerplant: 5.7L Hemi
OEM fully Loaded!!!

University of Florida
School of Building Construction Alumni
GO GATORS!!!
Closed Thread