adjust idle? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 2nd Gen (94 01) Forums > 2G Dodge Ram Performance Talk

Closed Thread

dviper_5

adjust idle? - Posted: 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
City: Saskatoon
State: SK
Post #1

is there any possible way to lower the idle on my 1996 dodge ram 1500, has a 5.2L, and since i cammed it, it wont idle down, sits at about 1250 all the time, and i wanna hear the thumpedy thumpedy can anyone help me?
Comp Cams 262
Shorty headers
Msd Coil
Round air cleaner
SCT Tuned by KRC

Sleeeperr
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

trucklover

Posted: 05-05-2009, 02:00 PM
Post #2

http://www.bionicdodge.com/Download/...a%20Magnum.pdf
God Squad member #60
4.56 GEARS!!
SCT Tuner by Hemifever
EQ 2.02 heads
2200 PATC stall
cut & ported intake & 52mm TB
stainless steel headers
KRC 210X cam
Powertrax No-Slip Locker
Rough Country Shocks
Rough Country Steering Stabilizer
Flowmaster Catback dual exhaust system
Hughes Engines Plenum Kit
M1 2bbl Intake
Moroso 14" Low Profile Chrome Airhat
add-a-leaf in the rear
2" Leveling Kit from Top Gun Customz
Rebuilt engine!!
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

dviper_5

Posted: 05-05-2009, 11:51 PM
Post #3

my comp wont let me open it up, just comes up in garble crap
Comp Cams 262
Shorty headers
Msd Coil
Round air cleaner
SCT Tuned by KRC

Sleeeperr

pepsi71ocean

Posted: 05-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Much too young to focus,
City: RNC Aka New Gretna
State: NJ
Post #4

im assuming it is a carburated engine, if so just re adjust the the set screw in the carb.

oh and that a pdf file, you need adobe reader to open it. if your browser doesn't have the pdf extension for it.
99 3500 Auto 3.55 4x4, BHAF, 6" lift, Danin Optix, Gauges, DAP 60hp sticks, FASS 95 2spd Rear disconnect HIGH Idle BOMB Silencer ring delete 4" exhaust, SMARTY 08 3500 Auto 4.10, PTO Idle Big Thanks to Walt(FTE Diesel) JKidd(DAP) They ROCK!

dviper_5

Posted: 05-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Post #5

nope, its a 5.2 magnum fuelie, somedays i wish it was carb'd...things were so simple in those days
Comp Cams 262
Shorty headers
Msd Coil
Round air cleaner
SCT Tuned by KRC

Sleeeperr

hounddogg

Posted: 05-06-2009, 06:16 AM
State: GA
Post #6

There is a hidden set screw.It has to be drilled to get to the screw.Then you uplug IAC,set taget idle and plug IAC back up.( I believe) try contacting www.thefastman.com unless someone has a wy to describe/post a picture of where the screw is etc.

trucklover

Posted: 05-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Post #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddogg View Post
There is a hidden set screw.It has to be drilled to get to the screw.Then you uplug IAC,set taget idle and plug IAC back up.( I believe) try contacting www.thefastman.com unless someone has a wy to describe/post a picture of where the screw is etc.

The pdf file I posted has pictures. If anyone can't open it go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO and download the reader.
God Squad member #60
4.56 GEARS!!
SCT Tuner by Hemifever
EQ 2.02 heads
2200 PATC stall
cut & ported intake & 52mm TB
stainless steel headers
KRC 210X cam
Powertrax No-Slip Locker
Rough Country Shocks
Rough Country Steering Stabilizer
Flowmaster Catback dual exhaust system
Hughes Engines Plenum Kit
M1 2bbl Intake
Moroso 14" Low Profile Chrome Airhat
add-a-leaf in the rear
2" Leveling Kit from Top Gun Customz
Rebuilt engine!!

OleTomCat

Posted: 05-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Bridal Veil Falls
City: Summerville
State: SC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #8

I coppied the text and posted below, I couldn't copy the pics.....

Good luck and welcome to DT....

The idle is set in the PCM by a idle target parameter. Installing a newer throttle body or cam cam change what the PCM needs to see to stop surging or erratic idles.
The picture above is a stock plug in a stock throttle body, to adjust the throttle plates angle, this plug needs to be removed. On the Flometrics throttle bodies (right), all you need is a Allen wrench to adjust. Note: some of the Flometric TB's have double set screws in the throttle shaft adjustment.
To set the throttle plates correctly, the vehicle needs to be warmed up for at least 5 minutes to ensure it is in closed loop. Once done, the IAC port (shown below, left) needs to be blocked off with your thumb, then turn the adjustment screw clockwise to open the plates, counterclockwise to close them, until the rpm sits at 800 rpm steady. Remove your thumb from the IAC port and the idle will climb up and then return back down to norm. You have just set your IAC count to 30-60 counts. This is a good number for the IAC to sit at without having to swing wide to recover from extreme idle conditions such as braking or WOT.

If you have a scanner, adjust the IAC count at idle to be between 40-60 counts. You can also install a false IAC sensor in the plug to fool the PCM into believing there is a idle control when you are setting the idle by the throttle plates directly, the false sensor will operate while the original IAC motor sits idle in the throttle body. This eliminates the long decel times after rev'ing the throttle.
This is a picture of a Flometrics 58mm throttle body IAC being plugged for throttle adjust while idling around 750-800 rpm.
Trucks and Guns Club member #90
Blue Dodge Truck Club Member #190
I am not just a member I am the President
100,000 + Mile Club Member #5
Don't TOUCH my truck Club!!!
Wife: '05 Durango 4.7L
Son: '94 Cherokee 4.0L RIP, Newer '96 Cherokee to start moding in the new year...

ozplanet

Posted: 05-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Just Call Me Oz
State: ON
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #9

What cam did you go with ?

Mods: M1 / Comp Cams / 4.10 / 20" 3rd Gen Rims / 4/6 Drop / Flow Master 40's / All New Skins /

2010 Sport Crew Cab Black 4x4 5.7 3.92 Sport hood 10 Speaker Alpine w/nav

Mods: Diablo 91 Canned Tune / Billet Tech Oil Catch Can / Vararam Intake / Magnaflow Muffler / All Interior|Exterior Bulbs LED White / Recon Smoked 3rd Brake Light / Recon LED Light Bar / Orange Striping / Lockpick / Debaged|Murdered / 2 12" Foxbox / 2 Alpine SWR-12D4 Subs / NVX JAD1200.1 1200w amp / Flat Black VIP Wheels VP2 / Black & Orange Leather / Orange Interior Accents with Gloss Black /

Soon: Race Rotors / EBC Yellow Stuff /

www.MyDodgeRam.ca
Closed Thread