05 ram hemi hesitation - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 04-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Daves05ram

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
05 ram hemi hesitation

I have an '05 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi. The truck has 42k miles on it. In just the past couple of weeks the truck has developed a hesitation when starting to accelerate from a dead stop. It's when I first put it in drive and start to step on accelerator it seems there's some hesitation. it's fine if I get on it hard like passing a car. I'm running 89 octane lately to see if that helps. I dont see the rpm gauge jump or anything . I have read that the EGR valve could be going bad ? anyone else have any problems ?

Sold

2005 RAM 1500 QC 4X4 (sport ) HEMI
20's
Infinity
magnaflow 12259 si/so
Airaid MIT, Amsoil drop in filter
TB crank
Silver Truck Club Member# 165
Quad cab Club # 22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
71'dart

I have the exact same problem. Mines an 05' HEMI 37,000 miles .I had it scaned it said random misfire so I was told to replace the spark plug wires it ran great for 60 miles then the problem returned. I was gonna take it on a 750 mile trip when it acted up again so went home and got the wifes car. got back monday drove it again for about 20 miles then the problem went away again for 20 miles got home started shacking again. Any help appreciated thanks.
#3 Old 04-29-2009, 08:11 AM
Daves05ram

(Thread Starter)
keep me posted if you fix the problem. I had a problem with my 97. it would hesitate real bad when it rained, changed the plug wires and it went away. this is on intial take off and seems to be around 45 mph. its just a slight hesitation that i notice, no check engine light yet

Sold

2005 RAM 1500 QC 4X4 (sport ) HEMI
20's
Infinity
magnaflow 12259 si/so
Airaid MIT, Amsoil drop in filter
TB crank
Silver Truck Club Member# 165
Quad cab Club # 22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.