Turn signal flasher unit- - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Durango 1st Gen (98 - 03) Forums > 1G Dodge Durango - Interior/Exterior

Closed Thread

jeepfreek

Turn signal flasher unit- - Posted: 05-28-2004, 08:36 PM
State: IN
Post #1

I picked up what they gave me at the parts store and its a typical 552 flasher unit. However- where the Haynes manual says it should be- its not. What gives? The reason I want to change it is because intermittently the turn signals will stop flashing for a bit. All bulbs are OK. Its a 99 Durango by the way.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

caseyt

Talking  Posted: 05-30-2004, 10:15 PM
The Wild One
City: Roseville, CA
State: CA
Post #2

On the 99, the flasher is in a "hidden" fuse block behind the inside fuse panel, under the dash. You have to reach under the dash to get to it.

Buy My Passenger Side Headlight!

White 1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4X4 5.9L
135k and counting...
Mods:
32x11.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains ~ Warn Trans4mer Grille Guard (soon to be replaced w/ Wincher Bumper)~ Rancho 9000x Shocks ~ Autolite 3923's ~ 12" SoundStream Subwoofer w/540 watt amp. ~ 4 Channel 300 Watt Alpine amp. ~ Pioneer Head Unit ~ Overhead DVD entertainmet system ~ Cobra 75WSXT CB with 4' Firestik Antenna ~ Shackle/Torsion lift ~ Hayden Tranny cooler ~ Aux electric cooling fan. ~ Black Halo CCFL Headlights ~ 5" 55w Procomp Off Road lights (comming in new bumper) ~ On Board Air System w/2 compressors and 5.5 gallons of air ~ 160db Air Horns ~ Kinetik HC2000 Battery ~ AlterStart 205AMP Alternator

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

jeepfreek

Posted: 05-31-2004, 05:25 AM
Post #3

Yep I found that- but I can't determine whats actually the flasher unit. The part I thought it was I pulled it and the turn signals still worked. So figured that wasn't it. Brilliant work I know...... Anyways- is it located quite high up on that hidden panel? Hard to get my damn hands up there.

lvd2340

Posted: 06-02-2004, 12:52 PM
State: MA
Post #4

This is right out of a Dodge service manual:

The combination flasher is located in the relay and fuse block which is located on the back of the junction block near the dash panel under the left end of the instrument panel.

Part # is 56021915AA and retails from Dodge for $33.60

3dron

Turn signal problem: I have same problem on a 2000 Durango - Posted: 04-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Post #5

Is the "combination flasher" in the same place in a 2000, as it is in a 1999? Yesterday at Dodge service they told me it was the actual turn switch that was the problem (after I said I think a relay is bad.) So now it is $75 latter for the factory switch and an hour of my time, and I find that it made no difference.

Or is this now part of the whole turn signal switch assembly on the steering column that Dodge service told me was the problem?

Ron R.

rockadaous

Posted: 04-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Keystoner
City: N.C.
State: NC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #6

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...hlight=flasher
here's the thread I started. Hope it helps

rock
99 SLT+ 4X4 (5.2/318 & 44RE trans)
Patriot Blue (3.55 axle ratio)
Interior mods
APC rev glow gauges*Lotek Gauge Pod w/APC gauges*Nu-Image A/C & light panel*Redline shifter*Pilot titanium mesh pedals*Nu-Image gauge bezel*dodge logo door sills*blue jel light covers*Phoenix imaging interior
Exterior mods
Keystone kit*Cervinis SS Hood*Keystone Spoiler*Billet gas door*Altezza tail lights*Diamond cut euro headlights & parks*SS speed grille*3A Racing fog lights*APC M3 mirrors* MB Motoring Smoothies 20X10*Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/45/20*Pilot billet antenna*chrome differential cover*shaved roof rack*vent visors*APC bulbs*smiley grill*reflex shocks*drilled & slotted rotors*hawk HPS pads*TFP handle covers*2" drop"debadged
Engine mods
Intense performance stage II CAI w/9" big mouth filter*mopar valve covers*TD billet engine caps*180 T-stat*IAT Sensor Mod*GSport radiator hose*Goodyear gatorback S-belt*Flowmaster 40 series muffler*Dual exhaust*synthetic fluids*yellow loomz*brass cap & rotor* BP billet fuse cover*AL 3923 plugs*

http://members.cardomain.com/durang0

bblank

2003 Dodge Durango - Posted: 06-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Post #7

I looked for the flasher unit in the two places you guys posted here and cannot find it. Would it be somewhere different on a 2003? I was trying to get my trailer lights working and somehow managed to kill my flashers and hazard lights, changed all the fuses and so it looks like the flasher unit is toast.

bradhrbj

Posted: 01-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Post #8

Hey,

I have the exact same issue here with my 03 Durango. Working on the trailer lights, something gets fried, now I have no turn signals or hazard lights and all fuses in the main fuse panel are ok. I cannot locate any other turn signal/flasher fuse or relay, any ideas?

Please let me know at brad (at) neverthehero (dot) com

Thanks!

chieferman

flasher module or actual signal in column? - Posted: 01-16-2006, 11:45 AM
Post #9

My turn signals started to act up last week. They will stay on for a few seconds , sometimes more, sometimes less. I don't know if its the unit under that dash or the unit in the steering column. Like I said they work for just a bit then shut off. Any suggestions?

jeepfreek

Posted: 01-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Post #10

Sounds like the regular turn signal flasher under the dash. Acting just like mine did.
32X11.5 BFG Mud Terrains
DYNOMAX muffler
K+N Filter
Pro-Line Roof Rack
Wilson 5000 CB Antenna
2 6" KC Highlighters on top
Sensatracs
3923 Sparkers
Closed Thread