Dodge ram oil pressure gauge falls then check gauges light comes on - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

ksjosker

Exclamation Dodge ram oil pressure gauge falls then check gauges light comes on - Posted: 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM
State: NY
Post #1

I have a 2004 dodge ram with a problem. While driving the oil pressure gauge drops suddenly and the check gauges light illuminates. If I pull over and turn the the truck off then back on, it's fine. Sometimes it will keep doing it, sometimes it wont. It is still under warranty so I took it back to where I purchased it and they replaced the oil pressure switch; still doing the same thing. I was having a few other issues with the truck that they couldn't figure out so they brought it to a dodge dealer for a diagnostic. He said he had them diagnose the oil pressure gauge also. My car dealer claims the dodge dealer said the problem is in the instrument cluster; but my dealers warranty does NOT cover the instrument cluster. So I found a company who repairs them and they said they doubt it is in the cluster. They think the repair shop purchased an aftermarket pressure switch and that could cause the problem.
When the oil pressure gauge falls, the truck runs the same. It does not run rough or anything...

Is it possible the aftermarket switch is junk?? Thanks for your help!!

Last edited by ksjosker : 04-06-2009 at 01:37 PM.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

JDMorgan

Posted: 04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
State: PA
Post #2

go to a dodge dealer and get the factory one i think mine was around 20 bucks its in the uper front corner of the motor really easy to change already has sealent on it too just unplug it unscrew it and put the new one in. I cought my dodge dealer scaming me on that they said they replaced it under warenty when mine did the same but i put a blue dot of paint on it befor it went in the third time for them to tell me it was replaced and when i picked it up looked quick and there the sender was with the blue dot. I think they just dont do it bec they know its under warenty and they can keep billing dodge for alot of diagnostic time and they know its just a sender. As soon as i put my new one in it stopped doing havent had a problem since
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

moparman2k2

Posted: 04-06-2009, 01:00 PM
City: Ishpeming, MI
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #3

agreed try an OE sender

Mike

Current Rides:
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 ext. cab LS
2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1lt Allstar edition

Former Rams: 86 W150 RC/LB 4x4, 93 W150 RC/SB 4x4, 00 1500 QC 4x4 Sport, 02 1500 QC 4x4 Sport

MonsoonMike

Posted: 04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
::Mike::
City: Chandler
State: AZ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

I don't see why you are trying to fix this yourself. Take it to Dodge, tell them its still not fixed.. and they should fix it.

::2014 Ram 2500 CTD Crew Cab Granite Crystal Metallic::

ksjosker

Posted: 04-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Post #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06QuadRam View Post
I don't see why you are trying to fix this yourself. Take it to Dodge, tell them its still not fixed.. and they should fix it.
I purchased it through a private dealer, not the dodge dealership. It is still covered under warranty through my private dealer, but he tells me it's something in the instrument cluster, which is NOT covered under his warranty.

ksjosker

Posted: 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Post #6

What should I do? Should I replace the switch from the dealership and see what that does? What if that's the problem, do I go back to where I purchased the truck and tell them I fixed the problem.? I don't have much balls here, I am not one to bitch about things, but damn it, I am getting quite frustrated.

Wingviper

Posted: 04-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Wingviper
City: California
State: CA
Post #7

I put an after market oil pressure gauge and sending unit in my 04, I still have the facory
one in as well, I would try replacing the factory sending unit first as its cheap and easy to do, should only take 15 min. to change out.

The dealers are getting pretty bad on doing what they should, I expected they would as
they are not selling cars, I had a heck of a time getting them to service my wifes PT, had to bring it back 3 times to do something that sould only take 1 day.
Closed Thread