help with cab lights - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

mds337

help with cab lights - Posted: 03-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Post #1

i want to get cab lights for my 06 ram and i am going to do it myself to save about 100 to 150 bucks for install but my problem is that i want smoked lights but the only ones that i see are made by pacer which comes with the wire harness and recon which doesn't come with anything but the lights. i was wondering if anyone would happen to have the drilling template for the roof of an 06 ram 1500 that they could hook me up with and if anyone know whether or not that template will work with a factory sunroof? i know that i dont need the template but i would feel better if i had one. also does anyone know if the pacer brand lights are any good? thanks
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

hivoltage

Posted: 03-27-2009, 03:16 PM
City: Wichita Falls
State: TX
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

Don't know about the pacers but I have the Recons and they're ok. Also my Recons came with a wire harness.The only way to get a template is to buy the factory clearance lights.
Take a look at these links, maybe they'll help...
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196046
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/show...+light+install
Don't Touch My Truck Club Member #49
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

Clownboy610

Posted: 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM
City: Northport, NY
State: NY
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

oh no not that video again...... lol j/k
Black Truck Club Member #610
A Few Little Additions
"NCC Member #5"

RubberFrog

Posted: 03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
City: Vienna
State: VA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

Forget the template. I know it seems scary to lay it out, but there is really nothing to it. Just use masking tape every where you want to mark and you can double check it all after you're done.
Tuning & Monitoring: SuperChimps, Aeroforce Interceptor w/ afr
Suspension & Tires:
Lift: 6" Suspension, 3" Body Lift - Wheels: Custom Painted BMF S.O.T.A.s, 37" Trail Grapplers, Mopar Wheel Well Liners
Appearance:
Bed: Leer 100XQ Shell, Line-x XTRA, Defender Roof Rack - Other: SRT Hood, Bushwacker Pocket Flares,Tow Mirrors, Nerf Bars, 2500 Tow Hooks, Shorty Antenna, Tactical Grill
AV:
Tunes: Kenwood DDX512, Infinity Reference Speakers, Kicker 10" Sub, Kicker 400.1 Amp, FoxBox - Video: 10.4" TFT-LCD Flip-down Overhead Monitor, R Cam, Chuck Norris Kicked My Ass
Lighting:
Led Tails, Smoked Cab Lights, 4x VisionX 180w, Hella 500's

mitchman

Posted: 03-27-2009, 04:50 PM
State: SC
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #5

In my recon directions they said to use dry erase marker. That way you can draw everything you need to on your roof and it wipes right off if necessary
Closed Thread