From my '05 FSM:
The electronic EGR valve and solenoid assembly
is attached to the rear of the left cylinder head. An
exhaust gas routing tube connects the EGR valve
to the intake manifold.
1. Remove electrical connector at top of EGR
2. Remove tube mounting bolt at intake manifold.
3. Remove two bolts connecting EGR tube to
4. Remove gasket located between EGR tube flange
and EGR valve assembly.
5. Remove two EGR valve mounting bolts.
6. Separate valve assembly from engine.
7. Remove and discard metal gasket located between
cylinder head and valve assembly.
1. Clean area at rear of left cylinder head where it
joins base of EGR valve.
2. Clean EGR tube where it joins EGR valve.
3. Position new gasket between EGR valve and cylinder
4. Position EGR valve to cylinder head. Install and
tighten two bolts. Refer to Torque Specifications.
5. Position new gasket between EGR tube flange and
EGR valve assembly.
6. Position EGR tube to side of EGR valve and
into intake manifold. Install two bolts finger tight
7. Install EGR tube flange bolt at intake manifold.
Tighten bolt. Refer to Torque Specifications.
8. Connect electrical connector to top of EGR
9. Do a final tightening of two EGR tube bolts.
Refer to Torque Specifications.
I don't see any torque specs, though. Hope this helps.
2011 Deep Water Blue RAM 1500 4x4 QC Sport - Black Mopar Tubular Side Steps, HBS 2.5", Mopar Molded Splash Guards, DualLiner, Husky Floor Liners
Blue Truck Club Member #264
RIP 4/13/05 - 10/22/11 2005 Bright Silver Ram 1500 QC Laramie 4x4, Hemi, Loaded, Sirius, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Bilsteins, AEM Brute Force Intake, Jet Stream Scoop, Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Sylvania Silverstars