Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Problem - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 03-14-2009, 01:13 PM
CoastalDav

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Problem

About six months ago, on the way to New Orleans, the ETC light came on in the instrument cluster. (Looks like a lighting bolt with this on each side. ) ( Following that, I lost all throttle control with the pedal. I was on Interstate 75in the middle lane when this happened. When I depressed the excellerator pedal the engine would not respond. Luckily, I was able to drift off to the right and onto the shoulder. In park the engine would not respond, in fact it cut off.

After sitting for 5 minutes or so, not really knowing what was happening, I restarted the engine and it ran fine. The check engine light was on, but the ETC warning was off.

About 4 hours later it happened again. Stopped, shut down the engine and restarted it. Again it ran fine. Did not do it again until I was on the way home.

Took it to the dealer in Melbourne, Florida when I got home. Check engine light was on. They reflashed the computer under the emissions warranty and said no charge was applicable. Never had the problem again.

The result of the reflash was a loss of almost 3 mpg on the hyw. The Dealer said that was normal 3-5 mpg. Mine now has 70,000 miles on it.

Anyone had this happen to your Hemi Durango? If so what was the fix for it.
Did it affect your fuel mileage?

Dave
Melbourne, Fl

Dave

2006 3500 Dodge Big Horn Quad Cab, Sat Radio, Cummins, 4.10's, 48RFE, Sirius, Edge Juice and Attitude back in, 70 gal Transfer Flow Bed Tank with Trax II Monitor. Added Racor Marine Centrifigal Water Separator/10 Micron Filter to Aux Tank, Head Ache Rack with Turbo Wing, Rino Bed Liner, 18K Fifth Wheel Hitch, 7520lbs w/34 gallons fuel, tagged at 13,500 GVW.

2004 Dodge Durango, AWD Hemi, 3:92 gears "Grannys Hemi Kid Getter"

35FT Carriage Fifth Wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-14-2009, 04:01 PM
AK1
What! Me Worry?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happened to me once last August. Going down the hiway around 75mph, and all of the sudden lost throttle control. Same light flashing. Managed to pull over and shut the truck down. Started it right back up and it was fine.

I've had no issues since.

BLACK '04 Durango LTD

"Yeah, it's got a HEMI"

SPEED HAS NEVER KILLED ANYONE, SUDDENLY BECOMING STATIONARY, THAT'S WHAT GETS YOU!

Black Truck Club member #153 | DT Durango Club member #72|Hemi Club member #102
Closed Thread