Power Door Locks Out...2002 Dodge Ram 1500 QC - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 3rd Gen (02 – 08) Forums > 3G Dodge RAM - General Talk

Closed Thread

gemini70

Power Door Locks Out...2002 Dodge Ram 1500 QC - Posted: 02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
City: New Jersey
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Hope someone can help. My power locks suddenly stopped working. I tried the wireless key remote, I tried the lock switches on front doors, and nothing. I know the remote has power because it does "beep" when pressing the lock button. But again, does not lock doors. Also tried the fuse box, and no go. Any other suggestions?

Exterior
Graphite Metallic Clear Coat
Ground Effects Package - Thunderroad Kit(factory)
Mopar Three Piece Color Matched
Ventshade Ventvisors 4 piece set
AVS tail light covers
TruXedo Tonneau Cover-Black
Box Bedliner - Under Rail

Interior
"Bone Stock" Infinity 7 Speaker System
Katzkin Leather w/front Seat Ram Head Logos
Billet Door Locks
Silver Front Dash Bezel ( slammed1 )

Engine/Transmission
Next Generation 4.7L Magnum V8
Multi-Speed Auto, 45RFE
Axle Ratio - 3.92

Future Mods(with fingers crossed!)
HEAD RESTS for rear bench seats
Fastman TB 68mm
K&N C.A.I.
JBA Headers
2 1/2" - 3" Rear Drop
Upgrade Sound System

Also, check out my personal website:
http:\\mrmrsbeato.topcities.com
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

gemini70

Posted: 02-24-2009, 05:50 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #2

HELLO?
Got a an update...looked like I had a fuse go. So hoping that was the issue, I replaced fuse and it all seemed fine, and then tested it a few more times, and driver side/front back locks/unlocks, but passenger side/front back keeps getting "stuck". Then fuse blew again. Replaced with a 25a instead of a 20a(ran out of 20a)....and same thing, although this time fuse is not burning out (could be because I went to a 25amp).
Getting frustrated. The only thing I can guess without testing the voltage, is something is lose or causing a break in the circuit on the passenger side of the truck?

Exterior
AVS tail light covers

Interior
Billet Door Locks

Engine/Transmission
Multi-Speed Auto, 45RFE
Axle Ratio - 3.92

Fastman TB 68mm
K&N C.A.I.
JBA Headers
2 1/2" - 3" Rear Drop
Upgrade Sound System

View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

ericsyzf

Posted: 03-14-2009, 03:22 PM
City: Saint Francis
State: MN
Post #3

I have the exact same problem. Anybody have this issue and figure it out?

Thanks for any help, Eric

Sold-2002 Dodge Ram QC 5.9

gemini70

Posted: 03-14-2009, 04:08 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #4

I am not sured what caused it, or even how I fixed it. The problem just disappeared. I even tried to lock and unlock repeatedly and could not duplicate the problem. Hven't had a problem with it since.

Exterior
AVS tail light covers

Interior
Billet Door Locks

Engine/Transmission
Multi-Speed Auto, 45RFE
Axle Ratio - 3.92

Fastman TB 68mm
K&N C.A.I.
JBA Headers
2 1/2" - 3" Rear Drop
Upgrade Sound System

dizzyD

Posted: 06-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered MOPAR User
City: 714
State: CA
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
View This User's Dyno Entries
Post #5

Rehashing using search.

Just last night the whole power door locks on my truck stopped working. Although the remote works and honks and activates the security system. the door lock switch inside works to activate the security system when key is not in ignition. Was this similar to what you experianced? I also tried to push down on the locks themselves on all 4 doors and none of them budge?

1999 Durango SLT+ leather, 360ci 4x4, hughes plenum rebuild, superchips 3865, tow pkg, 3.55 LSD, rear tail light guard, K&N CAI, FM 50MM TB, crystal clear headlights, Torsion/shackle lift, Rancho RSX's, Pacesetter headers, dual trans & oil temp a-pillar pod, chrome deep trans pan, drilled & slotted rotors, 10 disc cd changer.

2004 Ram 1500 SLT 2WD QC LB 345ci, FM 84MM TB, slotted brake rotors, step bar, diamond plate pedals, locking gas door, tow package w/ 3.55 lsd, Hellwig LP-15, shell and carpet kit, 18% door window tint, Magnaflow 12641, Slammed1's 3" spindle lift and 2.5 coil spacer, rear lift shackles, Airraid MIT, superchips 3815, 6K front winch & custom Winch Plate, Autometer phantom trans gauge mounted in Mopar SRT A-Pillar single pod, lumber/roof rack, Rancho 9000X shocks, ATS fender flairs, 1" BL, gap guards, black grille, silver painted bezel(soon 2b white)
Next: HD rear lift bags

Gone but not forgotten 93 factory freak CC dakota lifted 4x4 318

gemini70

Posted: 06-22-2009, 09:19 PM
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Sounds like you have something different happening...mine was simply the fuse, but at no time was did they not budge like yours.

Exterior
AVS tail light covers

Interior
Billet Door Locks

Engine/Transmission
Multi-Speed Auto, 45RFE
Axle Ratio - 3.92

Fastman TB 68mm
K&N C.A.I.
JBA Headers
2 1/2" - 3" Rear Drop
Upgrade Sound System

skitzo

I have a similar issue - Posted: 06-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Post #7

I've been having trouble too. The #22 fuse keeps blowing. I pulled the rubber cover off the wiring harness between the passenger rear door and the jamb. I found 4 wires that were completely severed and 2 more that had the insulator cracked with exposed wires. That harness really has to bend with the articulation of the rear doors. In my opinion they've got that harness routing in a horrible orientation. It folds the wires nearly in half every time the door opens. It's only a matter of time. I'm going to break out the soldering iron this weekend and see if I can't solve the problem. I'm sure I've got damaged wires on the driver's side too. I've got problems with windows, door locks and rear speakers. I'm hoping this will cure it all.

mocho

Posted: 06-24-2009, 10:37 PM
City: Edmonton, Alberta
State: AB
View This User's Gallery
Post #8

Yep most trucks get that problem eventully. My door locks and windows are so messed up I just forget about it. Not worth all the hassle and money for it only to happen again. It is beyond a bad design

Gone but not forgotten.
2004.5 3500 4x4 CTD
With plenty of mods.....

DeMoN-HeMi

Posted: 06-25-2009, 05:03 AM
NEVER DOUBT THE DEMON
City: Houston
State: TX
Post #9

someone please fill me in on this? i never heard this one...

2003 1500 HEMI QC -Slammed and Sprayed,
2014 Ram 1500 Black on Black Edition HEMI! - The hauler
2013 Charger - The Toy
1995 Camaro - The Project

"Dont Spread my Wealth, Spread my Work Ethic!"

"Debt is normal, be WEIRD" - Dave Ramsey

~> HOW TO - TINTING TAILS <~

~>IMPORTANT LED Replacement Bulb Info For 02-06 rams<~

weedahoe

Posted: 06-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Tricked out Ram
City: Albany
State: GA
Post #10

Im interested also. Sounds like something I wanna at least check on mine.
2004 2wd Dodge Ram QC w/a 5.7 with Royal Purple 5w-20 in the motor, RP Max ATF in the trans, 80-90w in the 4.56 Auburn LSD rolling on American Racing Dale Earnhart "Tank" 24s wrapped in Pirelli 325/45/24s (36" tires)

| Debadged | SRT-10 hood | Custom CAI | Fumoto oil valve | 12" of lift | Power Wire | 9007 Bi-Xenon 6k | 9006 Single Beam 6K | 2nd battery tray (2K CCA total) | Big 3 upgrade w/1ga wire | Altezza clear tails w/LEDs | Clear LED 3rd light | 26gal to 35gal fuel tank swap | Viair 380c air compressor | train horns | Ceramic pads (F&R) | Westin Nerfs | Chrome door/tailgate handles | Custom switch panel | Custom center console | B&M QuickSilver floor shifer | Xbox 360 | Audiobahn A8000V (1600w sub amp) | Audiobahn 2002V (400w mid/high amp) | 2 12" Kicker DVC CVRs in a FoxBox | 4 Kicker DS650s (front & rears) | 2 Kicker KS350s (dash) | 2 8" LCD screens in the sunvisors | 2 6" LCD screens in the headrest | Clifford 50.7x alarm | 20/15% tint | Diablo Trinity - custom and 93 tuned | Mopar 6.1 ignition conversion | Start ignition push button | KRC 210 cam | 6.1 springs & pushrods | 6.1 half covers | 180* T-stat | Taurus E-fan | Pacesetter ceramic LTs | dual DMH cutouts | (2) 4x14" round magnaflows | 4x24" tips | X pipe | Jimmy Jammers | Ported (85mm) TB | Innovate LC-1 wideband | Sonnax transmission pressure booster | Mopar slush mats | RBP grill | powder coated calipers | custom rim/grill lights |

Link to my gallery

Next projects:

- Custom center console
- B&M Quicksilver Floor shifter
- Custom CAI

mocho

Posted: 06-25-2009, 12:49 PM
City: Edmonton, Alberta
State: AB
View This User's Gallery
Post #11

Well if your windows and door locks work fine your ok. But my windows randomly don't work, sometimes 1 door won't lock/unlock, sometimes the window goes down but not up. It's endless, and fricken annoying. The other problem is the rear doors are a very bad design and the wires get pinched and become bare and eventully break in the black boot.

Gone but not forgotten.
2004.5 3500 4x4 CTD
With plenty of mods.....

rye

Posted: 06-25-2009, 01:08 PM
City: Ontario, Canada
State: ON
Post #12

Take off your door panel and inspect the power lock motors. Could just be a bad ground, or a short.

DODGETALK.COM MODERATOR
─────────────────────────────────────────────
5.9 2003 1500 4x4
─────────────────────────────────────────────

Official Dodgetalk Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/DodgeTalk
Like us! Prize Giveaways, News, and More!!!

dizzyD

Posted: 06-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Registered MOPAR User
Post #13

I going on a limb here and thinking the door lock actuator is a cam design? VS. the old 80's style door locks that work "in-line". I can not get any of my locks to work inside(switch or pushing down on lock)/ outside (key) or by remote. Fuse is OK, but haven't pull door panels yet, unless I have some sort of idea, which sofar seems to be an actuator failure.
I don't want to leave my truck exposed to the low lifes that test all the door handles as they walk by at night. So I have it parked in my fenced back yard

1999 Durango SLT+ leather, 360ci 4x4, hughes plenum rebuild, superchips 3865, tow pkg, 3.55 LSD, rear tail light guard, K&N CAI, FM 50MM TB, crystal clear headlights, Torsion/shackle lift, Rancho RSX's, Pacesetter headers, dual trans & oil temp a-pillar pod, chrome deep trans pan, drilled & slotted rotors, 10 disc cd changer.

2004 Ram 1500 SLT 2WD QC LB 345ci, FM 84MM TB, slotted brake rotors, step bar, diamond plate pedals, locking gas door, tow package w/ 3.55 lsd, Hellwig LP-15, shell and carpet kit, 18% door window tint, Magnaflow 12641, Slammed1's 3" spindle lift and 2.5 coil spacer, rear lift shackles, Airraid MIT, superchips 3815, 6K front winch & custom Winch Plate, Autometer phantom trans gauge mounted in Mopar SRT A-Pillar single pod, lumber/roof rack, Rancho 9000X shocks, ATS fender flairs, 1" BL, gap guards, black grille, silver painted bezel(soon 2b white)

ramshead

Posted: 06-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Post #14

It's probably a broken wire in the harness between the cab and the door.
My '02 had the same problem on both the drivers and passenger side.
You'll need to pull the door panel off and then pull the rubber boot back to see if that's the problem.

skitzo

Posted: 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Post #15

Hope I'm not hijacking this thread, but here's some photos for those that are interested. I opened the right rear door and rolled the boot back. The first photo is with the door open and the then closed (looking at it from the right front door opening). Those wires really bend every time that rear door opens and closes. Windows, locks, speakers. They're all f'd up. I plan to solder it together this weekend and check the other side too. Hope that clears it all up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2002QuadCab1500 003.jpg (143.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg 2002QuadCab1500 004.jpg (150.3 KB, 45 views)

dizzyD

Posted: 06-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered MOPAR User
Post #16

Wow,
I'm gonna look into this, this weekend!

Closed Thread