Whats this Big Horn Package? - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums

#1 Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 PM
qtipextra
^BIG D^

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Whats this Big Horn Package?

I see people posting about it, but it is not an available package on the Dodge site.

What is it?

"Big D" - SOM Feb '10
Black 2003 Dodge Durango Sport 4.7L 4X4 4.56:1 Auburn LSD

Interior: Double DIN Pioneer HU - 141.7 dB Sound System - Dash Mat - Blue L.E.D Interior Lighting - Blue Gauge Backlighting - Audiovox 2-Way Remote Start - 6 Gauge Cluster Swap
Exterior: Black 1 Piece DEPO headlights - 55W DDM 5000K HID 9007 BiXenon - Hella Optilux 2500 Driving lights - 55W DDM 5000K HID H3 - 3rd Brake light decal "BIG D" - Dodge Hitch/Cover - Dodge Logo on Tinted Tails - Stainless Steel Bar Grill Inserts - Gibson 4" Exhaust Tip
Performance: Dynomax Bullet Muffler - Flowmonster High Flow Catalytic Converter - Chrome Intakes CAI - Superchips 3715 at 91 Octane - NGK V-Power Plugs
Tires/Wheels/Lift: 3" PA Body Lift - 2" T/S Lift - 33 X 11.5 X 16 Firestone Destination M/T Tires - MB Gunner 6 Gun metal gray 16X8 rims
Drivetrain: Rebuilt 545RFE Trans with Transgo Shift Kit - 4.56:1 R/P Motive gears - Auburn High Performance LSD

My Truck Domain

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-16-2009, 11:49 PM
SCasey

The Big Horn Package is a regional package that includes the Luxury Group, Dual Rear Exhaust, Chrome Grille w/ Chrome Inserts, Halogen Quad Headlamps, Fog Lamps, 20" x 8" Aluminum Wheels, and Unique Badging.

Package requires 5.7L HEMI[Crew 1500 only]

08 Quad Cab 4X4 Sport - Mine
Deep Water Blue Pearl
5.7 hemi
Blue Truck Club Member #166

06 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie - Dad's
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
5.9L Cummins
#3 Old 02-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Try Linux

I have the Big Horn truck, its a very nice truck, I really love it. It has all the options I need.

2009 5.7 HEMI Crew Cab 4x4, Auto, 3.55
#4 Old 02-17-2009, 07:24 AM
spunkmtb

I spent a lot of money de-horning my Big Horn.

2007 RAM 1500 5.7L Quad Cab 4x4 Big Horn Edition.

Performance: Inertia Crazy Spartan Cam & Inertia Efficiency Heads, DMH Ported TB, 6.1 springs & Push-rods, Hedman Ceramic coated LT headers, MagnaFlow hi-flow cats, Dual DMH cut-outs, PLX IMFD controller & wideband AFR, BFI Intake, Flex-A-Lite 180 e-fan with VSC controller, Diablo, Air-Ram jet stream scoop, Fitch-Fuel Catalyst, JET180 Thermostat, MagnaFlow custom true dual exhaust.

Drive Train: Precision Gears 4.56 Gears, Auburn Gear Limited Slip Differential, PowerSlot Brake Rotors Front, Moto Metal M951 17 inch rims, BF Goodrich T/A's 315/70R/17, Rancho Suspension 4" suspension lift W/Rancho 9000XL shocks, Alcan custom 4" lift rear Leaf Springs

Interior/Exterior:HID's in headlights and fogs 6000k, Hella behind the grill lights with 4300k HID's, Raider Topper (Vagabond), Thule Roof Rack, Dual Yakima King Cobra Bike Racks, EasyLift Tailgate Lift Torsion Bar, AMI Locking Billet black powder coated fuel door, AMI black 20'" antennae, Bush Wacker Pocket Style fender flares, SRT-single pod pillar, Console Vault, Clarion VRX785BT CD/DVD/I-Pod Ready/Blue-tooth ready/Back-up camera ready/Sirius Satellite Radio, JL Audio 10 inch Sub, 4 infinity Kappa Series 6.93i speakers 9x15 front & 6.5" in the rear, DynaMat Extreme in Cab, 2 Audiobahn amps 200W (Sub) & 400W (Door speakers), Toyo License Plate back up camera. Iron Cross Wheel to Wheel Nerf bars, Pop & Lock tailgate lock, Fumimoto oil plug, Jimmy Jammers door protected.

Soon To Be Added: Nothing, I am exceptionally broke
Currency tracking project: www.wheresgeorge.com
4.56 Club #7
#5 Old 02-17-2009, 11:33 AM
seg316

It should be available when you choose the CrewCab option. Also, from what I can tell and from my salesman tells me, the Big Horn and Lone Star package are identical. Lone Star just has different badging, but the included items/options are the same. You might also have to choose the Hemi.

Last edited by seg316; 02-17-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Left some info out.
#6 Old 02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
SCasey

Yes, as seg316 said, the Lone Star Package is the exact same package as the Big Horn. It just depends on where you live....

08 Quad Cab 4X4 Sport - Mine
Deep Water Blue Pearl
5.7 hemi
Blue Truck Club Member #166

06 Mega Cab 3500 SRW 4x4 Laramie - Dad's
Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
5.9L Cummins
#7 Old 02-17-2009, 07:47 PM
dodge5.9liter

The lonestar package and bighorn are the exact same thing as the sport except the color bumper is on the sport. The seats are also if you have the right package with them.
#8 Old 03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
HEMI Rocket

The Big Horn package is a BFH in the bed it is so big I was loosing milage,and when it went off it scared the crap out of people. Another big horn package is power seats ,leather wheel,cruze ,tilt,rear slide window,mostely all the goodies.
#9 Old 03-16-2009, 08:59 PM
I KING RAM I

the bighorn just includes a really loud horn

jk haha its a special package with mostly chrome updates

2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 Sport

Fully Loaded

Black Clear Coat, 8 Speed, 3.92, LSD

Mods
Front tint to match rears, Debadged, Gloss Black Powdercoated stock sport wheels, Roll-X tonneau cover, blacked out front and rear emblems.
#10 Old 03-17-2009, 09:14 AM
db682

The Big Horn and Lonestar are available at just about any dealer from what I've been told. It's just the dealers preference as to if they want to order them and have them on there lot. I have a buddy that bought a Big Horn edition up in Chicago recently and before I gave in and ordered mine just about every dealer here in Florida that I went to had the Big Horns as well. The Lone Star I'm not to sure about. They are basicly appearance packages similiar to the ThunderRoad package on my 05. But newer stuff. Sometimes they look like the dealer just ordered a somewhat loaded truck and put the speciality badges on themselves. I know none of them had near the options I'm getting in my truck, cause if they did I might have went that route before ordering.

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Sport
Powerplant: 5.7L Hemi
OEM fully Loaded!!!

University of Florida
School of Building Construction Alumni
GO GATORS!!!
#11 Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 AM
moparman2k2

it's something that carried over from the 3gs that many people liked

Mike

Current Rides:
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 ext. cab LS
2011 Chevrolet Malibu 1lt Allstar edition

Former Rams: 86 W150 RC/LB 4x4, 93 W150 RC/SB 4x4, 00 1500 QC 4x4 Sport, 02 1500 QC 4x4 Sport
#12 Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Z mann R2
Texas Pride...HEMI Pride

Dealers who order the Lonestar Package outside of this region, are retarded!

-Tim

'09 Ram 1500 HEMI 4X4 Quad Cab + 2.5" lift + Flowmaster 70 + HID's

My Online Photo Album....2009 Ram, '95 ZR2 and 2007 250SX-F

missed: '06 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab, '95 Chevy S-10 ZR2 4x4

4th Gen Truck Club Member #1
#13 Old 03-17-2009, 10:48 AM
jrod82

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KING RAM I View Post
the bighorn just includes a really loud horn

jk haha its a special package with mostly chrome updates

You know what is sad? When I was looking at RAMs a little over a year ago I was looking at a used 2006 w/the Big Horn package. It was at a chevy dealer here locally, and when I asked what the "Big Horn" package was the guy had no clue. He seriously said "It comes with a louder horn" and then proceeded to honk the horn. I didn't know what to do, my buddy and I just looked at each other like wtf is dude smoking?? Needless to say we left and never returned, I won't buy from someone who knows nothing about what they're trying to sell.

But! I'm glade I waited to buy over a year later because now I have my new 09.
#14 Old 03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
db682

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod82 View Post
You know what is sad? When I was looking at RAMs a little over a year ago I was looking at a used 2006 w/the Big Horn package. It was at a chevy dealer here locally, and when I asked what the "Big Horn" package was the guy had no clue. He seriously said "It comes with a louder horn" and then proceeded to honk the horn. I didn't know what to do, my buddy and I just looked at each other like wtf is dude smoking?? Needless to say we left and never returned, I won't buy from someone who knows nothing about what they're trying to sell.

But! I'm glade I waited to buy over a year later because now I have my new 09.
Sad but so true!

When I was test driving trucks before I ordered mine the sales"persons" knew absolutely nothing about these trucks or about the options what so ever. They all wanted to know why I wanted 3.92 rear end and what it did. I was driving a laramie and the guy was trying to tell me that in order to use the uconnect bluetooth that I had to pay a subscription fee to my cell phone provider. I had to show him how it worked in my wifes Nitro. They didnt know the rear view/ hitch camera was an option for the trucks and they thought that the RamBox was only available on the Laramies. The list goes on. They eventually said to me and my wife that I know more about the trucks then they do so they will just let me shop. Seeing them studder and calling them out on Bullshiz was entertaining to say the least.

Then he had to nerve to bitch about how he just recently came back off salary to comission and how he was going to be hurtin this month cause he hasnt made any sales. I wonder why?

db

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Sport
Powerplant: 5.7L Hemi
OEM fully Loaded!!!

University of Florida
School of Building Construction Alumni
GO GATORS!!!
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to use most of our features, you must first register.
Please enter your desired User Name, your Email Address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
The registration process requires you to activate your membership by following a link in an E-Mail that will be sent to you immediately upon completing this form. You must enter a valid email address or you will not receive this activation code and you will NOT be registered. Your E-Mail address is NOT publicly available to anyone as policy.

AOL E-MAIL USERS: Please click HERE for important info pertaining to your e-mail address.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.