Squeaking Noise when Driving, Stops when Braking - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Dakota 2nd Gen (97 - 04) Forums > 2G Dodge Dakota - Tire/Wheel/Susp Talk

Closed Thread

Bowhunter88

Squeaking Noise when Driving, Stops when Braking - Posted: 02-09-2009, 04:08 PM
I Love Fat Chicks!
State: MD
View This User's Gallery
Post #1

Hey guys so I have the flu, and drove to the doctors office today without the radio on because my head hurt. First time its been off in months. I have a squeaking noise coming from somewhere in the brake system I think. It stops when I lightly apply the brakes. My pads are low so it will squeal sometimes when I brake. I also have slightly warped rotors that I have neglected to fix. Any idea what could cause the squeak while moving?
Flowmaster Exhaust -- NGK 2662's
Power Wire -- Superchips 3715
Worlds first Dak to have the 545rfe Transplant!

2008 Yamaha FZ1- Quarter Mile in 10 seconds (approx. 950 miles)

1997 Cummins 2500. More mods than can list.
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

04Ram2500Hemi

Posted: 02-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Same Name, Different Game
City: Missoula
State: MT
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #2

Loose spare tire under the truck? Mine made a squeaking noise when it was a little loose. Not enough to notice by lookin at it, but if you pushed on it, it was loose.
Truxedo Deuce Bed Cover with Bed Lights, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Custom Built Rock Rails Sprayed with Line-X, Front & Rear Bumper and Grill sprayed with Line-X, Husky Mud Flaps, Husky Floor Mats, Four VisionX Xmitter Low Pro Prime XP LED Light Bars Behind the Grill, Two Vision X LED Lights on Rear Bumper, Heated Seats, Interior LED Lighting, NAV-TV, Camera Mounted in Front Grill

Gone But Never Forgotten!
2004 Ram 2500 4X4 SLT Quad Cab Hemi Silver Metallic, Black Line-X Rocker Panel, Westin Nerf Bars Sprayed with Line-X, Bushwacker Extend A Fender Sprayed with Line-X, Rhino Lining in the Bed and Over the Rails, Truxedo Low Profile Tonneau Cover, Hell 500's Behind the Grill, Warn Front Receiver, KC Backup Lights, Custom Mounted Bumper Backup Lights, V-7 V Force Muffler, Auto Meter Transmission Temperature Gauge, SRT-10 Pillar Grab Handle, Kore Recon Suspension System, Kore Race Steering Damper, Kore Chase Control Arms, Kore Coil Spring Isolator, Kore End Links, 35x12.50 Mud Terrain SXT Tires, SRT-10 Hood, AEM Brute Force Intake, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Smoked Recon Cab Lights, Tuff Stuff 12,500 Pound Multi Point Winch
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

lava

Posted: 02-09-2009, 05:00 PM
lava
City: London
State: ON
View This User's Gallery
Post #3

Maybe not the brake issue,you might just be hearing some noises that are actually not there ?
98 Dakota SLT Sport 4x4 auto V8 magnum,Tuff Country 5.5 in suspension lift kit,Pro Comp 33's 12.5 16 , custom aluminum rims,Holley 52mm Throttle Body,TB Spacer,MSD Offroad ignition system,MSD Blaster SS coil,MSD plug wires,iridium plugs,Hypertech Programmer,K&N cold air intake,Eldebrock ceramic headers with Y-pipe ,Performance muffler,duel exhauxt with black chrome tips, induction hood,Roll bars with 4 offroad lights on top,,Bush bar,Custum made tonneau cover, Roll pan,Sir M. hidden tow kit ,Spoiler,Black eyebrow on windshield,Head&tail light black covers,VU-CAL side sport mirrors, Cobra CB radio,Infinity speakers,audio system CD,Black headliner with red sun visers,Clifford alarm system.

dakota dave

Posted: 02-09-2009, 11:27 PM
City: knoxville
State: TN
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #4

ive got a similar prob but its when i apply my brakes. have any of you ever heard of a self adjusting cable strech out to where it make contact with the drum?
do any of your breaks grab or engage befor the others? also you may want to peel off the drums and make shure every thing is in its proper place. right now im haveing issues with my self adjusting cables and my front right calliper grabbing and locking up in the rain have any of you guys had issues like this. sorry for jacking this thread bowhunter. i would say get some new rotors and pads up front and then go from there. O'reilly had front disks for about $26 each and i cant remember how much the pads cost.
2000 dakota quad cab 4x4 with the 4.7L and flowmaster 40 series muffler with custom 3'' cat-back pipes, 70mm bbk throttle body, jet pro-flow throttle body spacer, K&N FIPK2 cai, and a superships flashpac programmer, and now with 4.10 gears front and rear with an auburn cone clutch limited slip in the rear to try to get some power to the ground.
* Dodgetalk.com 287 Enthusiast Member #259*
Don't TOUCH my Truck Club member #11
Custom Mopar club founder and president

Ramhemi03

Posted: 02-09-2009, 11:31 PM
City: Windsor Ontario Canada
View This User's Gallery
Post #5

Sounds like you rwear indicator is dragging, basicly you need to do your brakes.

800 rpm idle and 6800 rpm redline..B&G tuned.

Inertia Motorsports Stroker.

6.1 intake

Bowhunter88

Posted: 02-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I Love Fat Chicks!
State: MD
View This User's Gallery
Post #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramhemi03 View Post
Sounds like you rwear indicator is dragging, basicly you need to do your brakes.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. I dont know why I didnt think of this, blame it on the flu.

Dave, the Rotors were warped beyond being turnable, so thanks for the help.

Everybody else thanks for the help as well.
Flowmaster Exhaust -- NGK 2662's
Power Wire -- Superchips 3715
Worlds first Dak to have the 545rfe Transplant!

2008 Yamaha FZ1- Quarter Mile in 10 seconds (approx. 950 miles)

1997 Cummins 2500. More mods than can list.
Closed Thread