Need Vacuum diagram please - DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums
 HOME  FORUMS  GALLERY  GARAGE  TECH  CLASSIFIEDS  LINKS  MEMBER MAP  ARCHIVE  SPONSORS
INFO SITE HELP ARCADE TELL-A-FRIEND STAFF CONTACT US AUTO LOANS

DodgeTalk.com is the premier Dodge forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Go Back   DodgeTalk : Dodge Car Forums, Dodge Truck Forums and Ram Forums > Dodge Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Dodge Ram Truck 1st Gen (88 - 93) Forum

Closed Thread

NoPavemntNoProb

Need Vacuum diagram please - Posted: 01-06-2009, 12:15 AM
City: Tabernacle, NJ
State: NJ
View This User's Gallery View This User's Garage
Post #1

Hey guys I have a 91 Power Ram 150 and its been missing. I am looking to check the vacuum lines for leaks and making sure they are where they're supposed to be. any diagrams would help. thanks a lot. P.S. I have a carburetor on my 360. (converted to carbeurated before i got it) and i think that's when the problem happened. (before i got it)
Thanks in advanced,
Dan
4.56 gears
3" body lift
4" Rough Country suspension Lift
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Bustedknuckles

Posted: 01-06-2009, 06:48 AM
State: MO
Post #2

Here you go, just go to this autozone page and scroll down to your model. http://www.autozone.com/shopping/rep...00c15280070e62
View Public ProfileSend a private message to %1$sSend email to %1$sFind all posts by %1$sAdd %1$s to Your Buddy List Reply Reply With Quote

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Post #3

I didn't see anything about vacuum lines or anything. Did I just miss it or is it not there?
Thanks,
Dan
4.56 gears
3" body lift

threetwos

Posted: 01-06-2009, 01:56 PM
AirFuelEddie
City: Terre Haute
State: IN
Post #4

The decal under the hood should have the routing of the factory vacum lines. Any dealer or parts store can give you this info as well. Factory service manuals, Haynes, Mitchell, ect..Do you have a factory service manual? Manuals can be had at www.autobooksbishko.com Did you try googling it?

threetwos

Posted: 01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
AirFuelEddie
Post #5

Here you go Dan. Page 25-5 of the Dodge factory service manual.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 01-06-2009 03;02;14PM.bmp (803.5 KB, 68 views)

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Post #6

ok cool, I actually forgot to take a look today in my Haynes manual, I'll look tomorrow.
Thanks hopefully i'll figure it out. Hey do you have any guesses as to which vacuums could be causing the missing before i try to figure them all out?
Thanks
Dan
4.56 gears
3" body lift

threetwos

Posted: 01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
AirFuelEddie
Post #7

With your fuel injection swap to what you have now? Your guess is as good as mine! Make sure any vacum line that originates from the intake manifold has either a plug in the end or goes to known component. Then you also have the EVAP canister and the EGR valve if your intake has the EGR provision? Thats the 'problem' with FI to Carb swaps. If you didnt write everything down or was the one that performed it, any repair can be a daunting task. Did you ever hook a vacum gauge as I suggested in another post? A vacum gauge will tell you if it's sucking air at idle thats not supposed to!

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Post #8

I am having a hard time getting a hold of one... I really don't have much money so I am trying to avoid buying it if i can. I am asking my mechanic friend if he has one but i haven't gotten a sure answer yet. i forget which parts you told me to test. mind telling my again? Oh and i did a compression test of the cylinders from his gauges and they all read around 115 or so after a squirt of oil in the cylinder. just an fyi. I attached a picture of a vacuum "tree" coming out of my intake manifold that never really looked right to me. let me know what you think of it. (one goes to tranny area, big one to master cylinder, and i forget where the other goes off the top of my head)
Thanks
4.56 gears
3" body lift

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Post #9

forgot pic. sorry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1228.jpg (951.7 KB, 14 views)
4.56 gears
3" body lift

threetwos

Posted: 01-09-2009, 07:41 PM
AirFuelEddie
Post #10

Hook a vacum gauge to ported vacum. Turn the engine on. What does the gauge show? It should have around 14-18" and more importantly, sweep smoothly as the engine is revved. If it jumps around you either have a vacum leak, carb out of tune, hose disconnected resulting in vacum leak. If it checks out OK, then it's most likely a carb problem and a carb tuner should adjust it according to Edlebrock specs. If you dont understand how this correlates together, dont touch the carb.

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Post #11

ok but what do you make of the tree i sent a pic. of. does that look right? left goes to trans, right goes to a few other vacuum lines that run to the canister on the left (emissions i think) the top 2 obviously go to one another and the top middle one does to the master cylinder.
so what do you make of that?
Thanks,
Dan
4.56 gears
3" body lift

threetwos

Posted: 01-11-2009, 10:30 AM
AirFuelEddie
Post #12

It's a vacum tee. BTW, I dont use a haynes, chiltons ect,,I use a Factory DODGE service manual!! You can use a can of starting fluid and spray any 'suspect' areas, if it's sucking air it will cause the RPM's of the engine to raise, but be VERY careful while testing, starting fluid,(ether), is VERY flammable, and can ruin your whole day misusing that stuff.(Explsions, fire, sharpnel ect,,)LOL It can be a helpful diagnostic aid in checking for vacum leaks.(redNeck testing method)lol

Last edited by threetwos : 01-11-2009 at 10:50 AM.

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Post #13

hmm yeah but that seems a little scary to me being that I've never done that before. i took off the top "looped hose" in the picture and i noticed the the one on the right was actually a larger vacuum hose than the other end of the hose on the left. that doesn't seem right/good to me.
Dan
4.56 gears
3" body lift

threetwos

Posted: 01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
AirFuelEddie
Post #14

Then I would wait for that vacum gauge. Small vacum leaks are sometimes hard to detect. Playing with the vacum lines might help but make sure the lines arent cracked, next to a high heat source, ect,,

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Post #15

ok well here is the book i have to go by (Haynes) I'm not sure where a lot of these places are ie. the solenoids, filter (at top of page), egr valve done solenoids have to be in contact with the metal chassis. ANY information you can tell me would help A LOT
Thanks,
Dan
4.56 gears
3" body lift

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Post #16

here's that page
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0982.jpg (355.4 KB, 13 views)
4.56 gears
3" body lift

threetwos

Posted: 01-11-2009, 07:41 PM
AirFuelEddie
Post #17

What type of air cleaner do you run? Can you post a pic of the entire air cleaner assembly with the hose that runs from the exhaust manifold steel cover to the air cleaner inlet?

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Post #18

I don't have that hose that runs from the cleaner to anywhere else. here's the setup
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1219.jpg (987.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1216.jpg (972.1 KB, 9 views)
4.56 gears
3" body lift

threetwos

Posted: 01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
AirFuelEddie
Post #19

Exactly why I havent told you where the hoses go Dan. I really dont know. They sure should have re-routed or plugged all those emissions lines, because the EGR as well as the Charcoal canister near the passenger headlight bucket will/should have a few lines coming/going to those components. Where they 'put' them or terminated them is a guess. Which is why I suggested a vacum gauge and makes the factory diagram useless. it's hard to diagnose someones Fuc((*&ps!! Especially if they butchered the emissions controls like they did.

NoPavemntNoProb

Posted: 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Post #20

yeah i hear yah i'm working on that gauge still i'll let you know when i get one, even if i have to buy one
4.56 gears
3" body lift
Closed Thread